Increasing the engine performance...

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thinner head gaskets or High-comp pistons... what car do you drive again? Haha sorry weih I wasnt following this thread :biggrin:
He drives a waja i think, btw high comp pistons will cost alot of money & will be disastrous if not properly tuned. eg. my fren's Civic which engine is nuked, comp too high, original crank can't take it, piston shot through crankcase, oil everywhere & left my fren heartbroken the engine was a Type R civic 1.6 head/integra 1.8 block hybrid.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
He drives a waja i think, btw high comp pistons will cost alot of money & will be disastrous if not properly tuned. eg. my fren's Civic which engine is nuked, comp too high, original crank can't take it, piston shot through crankcase, oil everywhere & left my fren heartbroken the engine was a Type R civic 1.6 head/integra 1.8 block hybrid.
True true... I never said anything bout it being cheap nor easy :biggrin:, he did just ask how anyway haha.

But if you ask me IMO theres no point to change pistons for a daily drive lah, I mean how fast can you pickup in an urban area? Minor mods to me are just nice for daily usage haha :rofl:

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
True true... I never said anything bout it being cheap nor easy :biggrin:, he did just ask how anyway haha.

But if you ask me IMO theres no point to change pistons for a daily drive lah, I mean how fast can you pickup in an urban area? Minor mods to me are just nice for daily usage haha :rofl:
Yeah agree, NA tuning is meant for track. The higher the tune stage the worse to drive on the road. All the power is at the top-end, for normal driving we want low-mid end power. Unless the driver is crazy & go roaring everywhere only shifting at 7,500rpm. I've once tuned my SEG with 20v 4A-GE to almost 200hp (just estimation), with individual airfilter kit for all 4 throttle, high lift 288 cams & pulley, 4-1 not very road legal exhaust, lightened flywheel, forged pistons & cranks, ported head & dual plate clutch & its a nightmare to drive on the road. The engine idles like its out of breath, combine that with a 2 plate clutch its very frustrating to drive in stop & go traffic. The power is all at the top-end i need to rev up above 4,000rpm for any power. After a few months i couldn't stand it & de-tune it to better suit normal driving.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Yeah agree, NA tuning is meant for track. The higher the tune stage the worse to drive on the road. All the power is at the top-end, for normal driving we want low-mid end power. Unless the driver is crazy & go roaring everywhere only shifting at 7,500rpm. I've once tuned my SEG with 20v 4A-GE to almost 200hp (just estimation), with individual airfilter kit for all 4 throttle, high lift 288 cams & pulley, 4-1 not very road legal exhaust, lightened flywheel, forged pistons & cranks, ported head & dual plate clutch & its a nightmare to drive on the road. The engine idles like its out of breath, combine that with a 2 plate clutch its very frustrating to drive in stop & go traffic. The power is all at the top-end i need to rev up above 4,000rpm for any power. After a few months i couldn't stand it & de-tune it to better suit normal driving.
Hmm... I see I see, would it be the same with carb's though? Im thinking of running twin weber's on my car at the end of the year or something, haha :rofl:

Oh and welcome to ZTH also :P

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm... I see I see, would it be the same with carb's though? Im thinking of running twin weber's on my car at the end of the year or something, haha :rofl:

Oh and welcome to ZTH also :P
Thanks, carbs are easier to tune than EFI, if ur going 4 twin weber the biggest improvement you'll feel is throttle response. Unlike EFI which is more flexible as you can map the ECU to ur liking, carbs are fixed, u can only tune them to perform at one specific area. If you focus on top-end with carbs, low rpm performance will be very bad, making it difficult to drive. If u tune carbs for low-end, ur car will run out of breath around halfway across ur rev range. IMO its best to focus on mid-range (3,000-5,000rpm) its where carbs really shine. Might not gain much in terms of max HP, but powerband will be broader & overall better to drive. Mind you twin weber's are quite thirsty, and it works best with twin individual air filter as this will further improve throttle response which is the biggest advantage of carbs.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Thanks, carbs are easier to tune than EFI, if ur going 4 twin weber the biggest improvement you'll feel is throttle response. Unlike EFI which is more flexible as you can map the ECU to ur liking, carbs are fixed, u can only tune them to perform at one specific area. If you focus on top-end with carbs, low rpm performance will be very bad, making it difficult to drive. If u tune carbs for low-end, ur car will run out of breath around halfway across ur rev range. IMO its best to focus on mid-range (3,000-5,000rpm) its where carbs really shine. Might not gain much in terms of max HP, but powerband will be broader & overall better to drive. Mind you twin weber's are quite thirsty, and it works best with twin individual air filter as this will further improve throttle response which is the biggest advantage of carbs.
Aite taiko, thanks so much for the info haha. The thirsty part I do know already though... huhu. Theres no such thing as adding power and gaining mileage :driver:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
weight reducation will provide good power to weight ratio.
engine respond will automatic improve :biggrin:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
guys want to know normally what cause engine oil pressure drop? how can we prevent this issue drop?

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
xbalance2002:
oil pump worn out or the oil gallery clogged....or maybe the engine oil is dirty...

increasing the oil pressure???...if im not wong just add some washer at the oil pump relief valve...not sure with it...

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Alot of people know to make more HP is more fuel + more Air = more HP
If say my standard injector is 150cc per cylinderand if i upgrade to 170cc per cylinder what is the benefit i gain? and what i loss?

and for NA setup what type of injector to go? Peak & Hold Fuel Injectors or Saturated Fuel Injectors type.

running on OE ECU and OE fuel pump.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Alot of people know to make more HP is more fuel + more Air = more HP
If say my standard injector is 150cc per cylinderand if i upgrade to 170cc per cylinder what is the benefit i gain? and what i loss?
you loss money and hp.

just by adding a bigger injector, you effectively screw up the a/f ratio & lose horsepower.
if you increase fuel, you need more air to compensate. so how're you gonna achieve that?
installing an open pod filter won't do justice.

you need to port & polish the head, install different cams, bigger TB, open pod filter, CAI.
she can breathe better that way.

but the cams would throw off a good car to drive in the city. it'll sound rough and idle like crap. :biggrin:

card oak

From Facebook
Mar 17, 2010
how much it cost to add on turbo kit to the stock 1.6 waja auto...?
how much the increase of power...?
can somebody help me...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
how much it cost to add on turbo kit to the stock 1.6 waja auto...?
how much the increase of power...?
can somebody help me...
that auto gbox will be yur greatest limit! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My dad who drives a BMW E34 520 with a 525 engine bought the car in a very immaculate condition but the paint was hacked! Ive been wanted to detail it for some time but i know black is the worst colour to be detailed. As a beginner i took it as a lesson and training , as long i didnt burn the paint right? =p
SO i just took up the Front Bonnet as a test session for a black colour so that i could learn from my mistakes.

not forgetting the steps that KC taught me, just gives me a peace of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience