Increasing turning radius?

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Is it possible to increase a car's turning radius? My car's turning radius is really small, hence making really sharp u-turns and 3-point turns sometimes turn into 5-6 point turns.. lol

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Is it possible to increase a car's turning radius? My car's turning radius is really small, hence making really sharp u-turns and 3-point turns sometimes turn into 5-6 point turns.. lol
simple.
1. hard pedal a bit
2. prepare to pull/push ur emergency brake
3. pull/push ur emergency brake at the right time
4. pedal to steel, feel the slicing feel at the rear tires
5. keep the steering back to normal/straight
6. the front will pull the rear into normal track
7. 1 point U-Turn is complete.........:biggrin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Can increase, but not many people would mod it. Only drifters like to mod the streering turn in angle. I'm not sure is any mechanic here does it. But i'm sure some drifters here does it.
just make a few more of the teeth on the rack...

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
...and let the tires scrape your inner wall? I think it's requires more than that. Offsets & shaft layouts have to be considered. PLEASE get a professional to do it.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i not sure wat is ur car..

some car can get a steering rack assembly from chopshop n fix to their ride...

if ur current steering rack/pinion gear is small...then u gotta find a bigger one...this wil improve ur turning radius.

for example, impreza wrx can put in STI version steering rack n pinion set...it will improves the turning radius as STi gear is bigger than wrx.

for other car models, i not sure..

cheers

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
ooohhh, hmmm..dunno whether got such thing for my car or not.
is it costly? the rack and pinion thingy from chopshop

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
jineil,
hahaha I do that quite a bit of times but when you don't have enough run way to sprint your car, then end of story. 6 point u-turn again. hehe

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
i think u wanna reduce it rite?? to make u turn easier?? well what u can do is adjust at the tie rod so that your steering favor to the right.. makes U turn better as mostly our u turn on the right side but at the expence of worst turning on the left side le.. kekekek

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
tie rod cant adjust le...it only can adjsut the freeplay...

if ur turning radius for left side n right side is not equal...then tat is alignment problem....

to reduce to turning radius...u hv to replace a bigger pinion gear in the steering rack assembly...

but normaly here just buy the whole thing n change la...easy

wat car le?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Cow,

It depends on your steering linkage, whether its rack and pinion or LM ball screw type design

Also depend on your steering castors design

So basically the guy who is to mod your steering angle needs to look at your car's steering linkage before deciding whether its possible or not.

Here is pic of a car who has done the steering angle (for drift angle purpose)

The steering lingkage design on the car in this pic was rather simple and straight forward (newer cars tend to have more complex steering linkage for comfort, handling, etc, etc) therefore the amount of work to mod it was not complicated.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
ohhh, so "smaller turning radius" means less effort to turn? hehe ok ok my bad :P any mods want to edit the title of this thread? *paiseh*

huakenny: it's a hyundai coupe only ler

joe: oohh, thanks for the info man...I think I roughly know what to do now...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whats up bro.. all senior k-kar kaki.. i need ur help.. i wan oversize my pistons.. what pistons i would to use?!what name?! how many mm?! how the price inc. pistons rings?! or how much the istallation?! where workshop will be suggest?! not heavy modi, coz that car daily use.. im still using 660 block.. is it i need to change the turbine.. :confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience