Increasing power on Satria 1.3gli

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Re: Increasing power on Satira 1.3gli

If you want performance at no cost......lighten car!:biggrin:

Trow out back seats,spare tire & speaker boards...etc

oh...and dont forget the driver.....exercise every day a to reduce 10kg....LOL..:rofl:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours

eh? didn't you want to sell ur car? congrats! mod it

=D

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com

Well thanx for the inputs guys , when u guys say ori air filter means original brands like K&N and Simota or original proton air filter. I am getting drop in type by the way.

Well i guess il go with full 4-2-1 header and full piping with straight flow muffler , any idea what is the best piping size , 1.7 inch ok !!

Yea i ralise the 4G13 gearbox has betetr gear ratio compared to 4G15.

Will this mods help my car -

1. bosch performance plug cables and bosch super 4 plugs
2. Original pivot raizin volt stabilizer
3. Change gearbox oil (manual)
4. Change new suspension using stock suspension for comfort
5, Adjustable cam pulley and lighten crank pulley

I am currently using castrol magnatec 10w-40 semi synthetic, any comments on this oil.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Dump the oil and go for Motul. Magnatec is questionable....

1. Not really gonna give you lots of bang for buck. Extremely marginal difference.
2. Also extremely marginal. Get it with the grounding kit though. Some say the Pivot Megarazin is better. Costs a helluva lot more too.
3. Change gearbox oil to Motul
4. If you're gonna change suspension, try Improve Comfort + stock springs. It's a reasonable compromise between stock comfort and performance + it's not all that expensive.
5. On a SOHC, adjustable cam pulley is not really worth the investment unless you're using a performance camshaft like Matspeed. Lightened crank pulley make sure you get the Mythelogy one. Overly small and you'll suffer uphill.

dorift0

Jan 15, 2010
Subang

1+2 costs about 250-300 in total, dont waste your time in it, get yourself a aerospeed LCP for about 250-300, that will improve your engine respond.

Janson911

Known Member
Feb 1, 2008

I am currently using castrol magnatec 10w-40 semi synthetic, any comments on this oil.
1.Performance cable cannot help in increasing stock engine performance...better stick wif stock cable...Mayb u can think about the iridium spark plug,but the platinum spark plug adi enough for 4G13/4G15.

2.VS juz stabilize the voltage for the electronic stuffs oni,not much improve in engine response....but VS+grounding cable kit will works...

3.yup,sure....

4.Yup,if wan comfort juz stick wif stock...

5.Adjustable cam pulley not works if u still in oem camshaft....

Juz my 0.05 cents nia....:driver:
Lighten crank pulley will improve ur engine response....

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

u can still use an adjustable cam pulley even with the stock cam, but its just that any adjustments made, will yield only minor results

TS, do replace plugs and cables if they are already old n worn, always a good step hehe

dorift0

Jan 15, 2010
Subang

however, Pro Rallye spark cables does improve mid to high rev range, smoother and better respond.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

Well thanx for the inputs guys , when u guys say ori air filter means original brands like K&N and Simota or original proton air filter. I am getting drop in type by the way.

Well i guess il go with full 4-2-1 header and full piping with straight flow muffler , any idea what is the best piping size , 1.7 inch ok !!

Yea i ralise the 4G13 gearbox has betetr gear ratio compared to 4G15.

1. Spark plugs work better with the more mods on your engine, its only duty is just to create combustion after the air + fuel has been compressed, so if you dont do much to the engine youre just getting more thorough combustion, not more power. (Like the extra petrol the normal sparks dont burn, your performance plug burns...) I changed my plugs to iridium + cables to the pirated jasma stuff since I was lazy to buy other brands, the only diff was a smoother slightly more free revving engine. My exhaust smoke also smells more bitter, more thorough combustion im guessing?

2. Never tried so im not saying anything :biggrin:. However grounding cables on my ancient wagon helps the idling + revving VERY slightly. I tried removing them and driving again, the response wasnt there...

3.Gearbox oil is just for lubrication, however getting high performance ones makes it like 'smoother' to shift lah, I've tried using redline on my nissan before and it certainly feels better than nissan OEM gear fluid.

4.Up to you really, but if you do your car is going to feel REALLY soft lah, haha :driver:

5.The function of your cam pulley is to play around with the cam timing, if youre gonna change this why not invest into a high performance camshaft as well?... You get the power and the tuning ability :rolleyes: . And lastly your crank pulley, anything lighter than ori that turns = less energy needed to turn it. Simple! So thats how the mythelogy crank pully helps + its dampened. Dont go for undampened crank pulleys tho, it doesnt absorb crankshaft vibrations and it might damagae your engine in the long run... theres a reason why every OEM crank pully is dampened haha :rofl:

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well based on all the facts placed out , i think i should just invest in a good air filter and exhaust system for better intake and outake, get better spark plugs and a voltage stabilizer to improve the elctronic flow on my 9 year old satria , i will use back stock suspension as i prefer comfort and il just keep it tht way , lol, really want power il change to mivec later on.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello there peeps!
I'm just wondering, for example.. I'm driving a satria 1.3 injection and i swap my 4G13P to a 4G92P without changing any wiring harness and ECU.. Is this possible to start the engine and is the car driveable?

I'm always confused bout this WIRING thingy.. Help me out guys! Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience