increase the height for wira

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
Noob: so yours is full GAB product rite, for me that is over budget already, but if i got money,sure will get that stuff. medium size will do, cos i don like the front of the car look taller then the rear.

I want my suspension system height around 3.5 front and 4 for rear, stiffer than the ori absorber will do. for the rear spring i can change to 1.6 ori spring,that is stiffer than the 1.3 want. im just confius about the front part

if i get 1.6 absorber and spring, like Noob say, front will get around 7-8 finger. so if i want around 3-4 finger height, i should get lowered spring for 1.6 absorber rite?cos 1.3 engine is lighter than 1.6. rite? hope you guys can help.

if getting the lowered spring for front, should i get the short stoke absorber or normal length absober?

JIYS

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
bro
here is how my friend mod his car....
he use soft (even softer than stock spring)
and then he use IMPROVED absorber....
and the car height just like standard..but the stiffness are good...and car not bumpy...and we both try cornering in highspeed...
amazing is...he can use 140km/h speed to corner but mine(totally stock suspension) only can 100km/h...pretty amaze huh?!
his car very stable....cant believe i cant follow his car....

ventchoo

Nov 19, 2005
hmmm will try the apm and gab thing... coz now am using Kayaba gas absorber and stock spring for the front and i get 4 finger height and i dunno what i use for the rear part coz my friend say is comtable but after install it. it more worse that the honda eg3 1 so soft ler. handling very bad in corner. and i cost me 100 perpcs ler. like the very lau yah lah.( i check the absorber brand 1st, not recommended lah)
but i had another problem now. my car not level now on the left side the front is 4 finger the rear 1 is 3 finger but the right side front part is 3 1/2 finger and the rear is 2 finger only. so what the problem ?

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
I think the problem of your car is not level is very comman wan,i dono why also, for my car, my right fender will hit the tyre when hard conering, but left side never hit b4, maybe driver weight also make the car not balance?

Ventchoo how was the Kayaba Gas Absorber combine with stock spring feel?stiff enough?how much you get the front absorber?

I think u can get the 1.6 gas absorber and spring for the rear. cos 1.6 spring is bigger diameter and thicker. it will give u stiffer feel.

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
from wat i experience last time..when my car was on standard 1.5 spring and absobers always touch the bump wan...i changed to 1.6 springs and gas absobers...but its still stable...so its more cheaper...get the springs from 1.6 and use gas wan...but use 14 inch or 15 will more stable ..i use 14 inch and the car also not so low..

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
SE86 you use the 1.6 spring and absorber for the front or the rear? wat is the height of it? 4finger between the tyres and the fender? where did u find the spring?halfcut shop or get new from shop?

JIYS

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
SE86 setting just like me~ ^^
hurrai!
finally got same ppl use 14"!

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
i onli change the rear wan....i bought the springs new...hehe...JIYS u also same ahhh????good la...kita sama sama..how u feel...after i change i was using 13 inch than after a few months change to 14 and feel that handling is better...

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
lby said:
Hi Noob, so now u using GAB lowered spring and absorber at the front, how about the rear? also using GAB lowered spring? when u carried passenger at the back, will the height of the rear part go down to 1 finger?
hey bro, sorry 4 being late but yeah, the rear height went down but still having around 2 fingers clearance.. with 1L n 2M ppl inside.

wirafly

500 RPM
Mar 25, 2005
use 1.6 rear spring....gurantee 5 fingers height....I am using now with improve brand rear absorber

boy2007

Known Member
May 21, 2005
damansara
good topic guys! i've been waiting for this topic for a loooooongggggg time! i had enuff of 'try n error' with my suspension system! always wanted my car to look like those rally car but just dont know how. my solution? i use gas abs combine with sport spring for front. spend extra for the rear as i got a GAB RALLY taken from a EVO 3 (kopak RM350!). i'm using 15" rim with tyres of 195/60/15. front 2 fingers gap, rear 3 fingers. unfortunately, the GAB RALLY is for gravel use only. since i'm using it on tarmac, the rear abs is so hard that as if i'm 'head-banging' in my car! thinking of buying SM4's abs n spring but my mechanic said if want to use something new, he suggest use waja's rear spring n gas abs. as for me, he said try the evo 3's spring with gas abs. nice ride n not so hard. haven't tried it though. any 1 using waja's rear spring with gas abs b4? any different with SM4's?

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
Noob said:
hey bro, sorry 4 being late but yeah, the rear height went down but still having around 2 fingers clearance.. with 1L n 2M ppl inside.
Thanks Noob, i had just changed my rear spring to 1.6, 1.3 height is around 2finger for the rear,after change to 1.6(still using back the hydralic absorber),the height become 3finger,so it no so obvious,but the feel is really difference.haven carry ppl yet.thanks for your information.cheers

Last edited:

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
boy2007 said:
good topic guys! i've been waiting for this topic for a loooooongggggg time! i had enuff of 'try n error' with my suspension system! always wanted my car to look like those rally car but just dont know how. my solution? i use gas abs combine with sport spring for front. spend extra for the rear as i got a GAB RALLY taken from a EVO 3 (kopak RM350!). i'm using 15" rim with tyres of 195/60/15. front 2 fingers gap, rear 3 fingers. unfortunately, the GAB RALLY is for gravel use only. since i'm using it on tarmac, the rear abs is so hard that as if i'm 'head-banging' in my car! thinking of buying SM4's abs n spring but my mechanic said if want to use something new, he suggest use waja's rear spring n gas abs. as for me, he said try the evo 3's spring with gas abs. nice ride n not so hard. haven't tried it though. any 1 using waja's rear spring with gas abs b4? any different with SM4's?
Hi boy2007,
what car are you using?1.6 or 1.3/1.5? i think the GAB RALLY is too hard for both car,for the rear you can try the waja spring, quite hard and tall,so maybe u can get the oil absorber,so it wont be too hard for the chassic,cos some time the rear suspension is too hard,at highway u go over a bridge your rear part will like going to fly. i have no idea what is the height, but that will cost less.just my 1cent.:regular_smile:

cooldube

Known Member
Jun 20, 2004
shah alam
boy 2007, I think your mechanic is right. My wira sedan now using a waja spring n the absorber too. The waja rear absorber is a gas type. If u wan height more higher just add rubber bush. Or u can use a semi-adjustable IMPROVED also can. For this absorber is cost u around RM380 perset rear side but u still can use your ori spring back lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any Sifus has or have experience in installing the Greddy Profec A and Rebic III???
Please call me at 016-3808883... Thank u!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience