Where to do chassis repair and strengthening in PJ/KL/Subang?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys. As the title goes, I need to find a workshop that does chassis repairs as my front side frame is getting worse. Behold the accident the car had in 2009 (i think)...

IMG_5639.JPG

And here's the car now...

HipstamaticPhoto-567236278.559577.JPG

As you may see in the accident photo, the car was rammed from behind and pushed on to the concrete divider. The right side suffers the most than the left. The insurance panel didn't do a good job fixing it so the right side frame goes inwards compare to the left which is straight. I took photo of the patch job they had done for the right side frame. The car also pulls to the left slightly if i wot from standstill (no, I don't think it's torque steer).

IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG

Since I'm using a 4WD autobox from a GSR, the side frame is touching the gearbox because of the size. I need to straighten the right side to match the left, fix the cabin floor and also straighten the rear a bit. Then I plan to strengthen the chassis. Any recommendation? PJ, Subang area would be great. Thanks!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'd like to ask a stupid question. Why didn't fight with adjuster to total loss the car?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
sell separately, and get a new project car?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I'd like to ask a stupid question. Why didn't fight with adjuster to total loss the car?
this car was passed down to me from my brother. at time of accident, he was the owner and he was driving. so all the claims was done by him. I did asked him before but he said the adjuster said still can fix. i'm using the car now but it's still under his name.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
2nd pic very near to my house..hahaha...maybank area..

i can pm u a number if you are interested...but probably pay abit extra for body kosong wira seems better route imo.

Reactions: sanekit and parakey

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
2nd pic very near to my house..hahaha...maybank area..

i can pm u a number if you are interested...but probably pay abit extra for body kosong wira seems better route imo.
i can't remember where i took that photo. hahaha. can PM me the number? i'll try and ask first.

my mech also suggest to get body kosong and transfer. the total cost gonna be around 4-5k including a good chassis and workmanship fee for the swap.

Sometimes sentiments drags us down, preventing us from making a fresh start
ya i agree. i plan to keep this car until i cannot use anymore, then just send for scrap. haha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i can't remember where i took that photo. hahaha. can PM me the number? i'll try and ask first.

my mech also suggest to get body kosong and transfer. the total cost gonna be around 4-5k including a good chassis and workmanship fee for the swap.

ya i agree. i plan to keep this car until i cannot use anymore, then just send for scrap. haha
5K is a bit steep. Does that include a fresh paint job?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Do you do that after registering the new engine? If do before, then have to get past Puspakom hurdle
if get chassis kosong, might go the 'haram' way. haha. coz i don't want to change the number as well. that's another reason why i'm still trying to find a workshop to fix the chassis.

coz if properly do chassis swap, meaning i need to change name from old owner to myself, then register the engine number and all. then go another round to do the strengthening. haram way is just swap everything, repaint and use back plate number and all. hahaha

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
if get chassis kosong, might go the 'haram' way. haha. coz i don't want to change the number as well. that's another reason why i'm still trying to find a workshop to fix the chassis.

coz if properly do chassis swap, meaning i need to change name from old owner to myself, then register the engine number and all. then go another round to do the strengthening. haram way is just swap everything, repaint and use back plate number and all. hahaha
do it quietly

• Haha
Reactions: sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Am looking for slim fan for my radiator.
Anyone knows anywhere selling it?
Looks something like this below, 10" or 12" also can
but must be high speed.
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience