increase the height for wira

ventchoo

Nov 19, 2005
currently am driving a wira 1.5. thinking of increasing the height of my car. juz not normal height. but i prefer hard suspension but not so bumpy 1 de. and effortable 1 ler. any advice guy.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
increase the height?im not sure of any springs that will give u a higher height other than adjustables.maybe there is,im not too sure.

but if u want a hard set of suspensions u cant have comfort..but u will get good handling.if u want comfort,u need to get a soft set.,

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
go and get evo suspension..those are higher..get the oem 1 is enuff...my fren using evo adjustable..really high..yet stable..can do 150 at big round uturn at the toll out to plus highway...

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
i think you just get a wira complete set of 1.6 gas type suspension and install it. it will give you the height u wanted(maybe front 5/6 finger,rear 4finger) , but one thing i worried about is that the 1.3/1.5 engine is lighter than 1.6, so the front height mind be higher than the rear. for the combination of big spring and gas absorber, i think it is quite stiff already.anyone exprience this setup before?thanks

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
add higher means 4 wheels also higher ar ? if 4 wheels also higher wah then your car GSR oledi ..... haha ...... na mostly ppl onli do higher on the back onli ..... adjustables onli gives u more bumpy ride ..... if u wan budget the add bushes ..... on the absorbers ...... but will not last long like 3 yrs it'll drop back but onli RM60 something .....

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
i got an idea is since getting the 1.6 for the front will make the front higher alot, how about getting a lower spring at the front, so the height will be around 3-4 finger for the front??

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
if u add a rubber bush, ur abs will kong easily..because when u over road bump fast, ur car jump up, then ur spring will extend to it's ori size which is even longer than ori abs..if with bush, the spring will extend more fast and ur abs will being pull out..when ur car land, the abs will back again..after some time. ur abs sure kong....that's wat i experience in my car after add bush...the best is change to other car abs..i think nissan some model can fit in....

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
erm i saw ppl do it lo but they say nothing ohh ..... i dunno la but i also going to do

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
car is same as ur's wira 1.5, changed to GAB 1.6 absorbers. 1.6 APM ori springs. car height went up to 7-8 fingers infront, back i think around there also.. car look like muscle car.. super high! lol! but very stiff.. now changed to GAB lowered springs, ngam ngam around 3.5 fingers front, 4 fingers back. ride comfort slightly better. using 1.5" rims btw..

ventchoo

Nov 19, 2005
am using 15" rim oso... but how much for that sistem.... and can take corner at high speed or not.... i use honda eg2 absorber b4 for the rear is nice oso.. not so bumpy but same height with ori 1 de..

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
Hi Noob, so now u using GAB lowered spring and absorber at the front, how about the rear? also using GAB lowered spring? when u carried passenger at the back, will the height of the rear part go down to 1 finger?

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
ventchoo: absorber cost me 550, springs 380.. i got it seperately so it cost a lil more.. installation for absorbers set me back at 80 bucks.. but hey, if you get it all together i think u can get a cheaper price.. recommend to do it all together.. dun b stupid like me go get all seperately n spend extra cash.. did it at ban hooi in klang(i think it's spelled like that) friendly boss there.. but remember to get diff plates n stuff to install 1.6 parts. spring plate size is different. can get it at spare parts shop i guess.. try asking them. i got it frm supplier n charged under company.. =P i wasnt the 1 doing the ordering so i dont know the exact price.. hope this will help.

lby: mine's fully GAB set up.. front n rear.. havent try sitting on full load so i'm not very sure.. i'll try out and tell u the result soon.. u want all big size or medium or all small size ppl? XD

Wiras

Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
You want the cheaper way? You want to be a rally lookalike? I'm going to tell you an old school way..Find a pair of rear Honda SM4 absorber (surely comes with its spring) from hakat (halfcut) shop, then install it to your car..Then you car will become a rally lookalike..!! If you go to hakat shop, tell the taukeh that you want Honda SM4 absorber..Costs you RM120 per pair..

You want the expensive way? Find GAB absorber..But will costs you about RM265 - RM300(cheapest only at Kepong) for rear pair..But, what for? It's just an absorbers..

I would suggest you the Honda SM4 (Accord) for higher look..!! Cheaper yet ganas and comfort..Then you can put the Evo I spoiler and RalliArt mudflap..Put also two PIAA spot light at your front grill..That's enough already..

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
ps: i changed springs n installed my front struts together. liked it so much. not sure if its the spring or the struts or maybe the combination of both but man, love the handling. my speedo had been out ever since i got the car n it's still out so dont ask me what speed i'm in while taking on corners. my car so slow.. dono bout "high speed cornerings" ler.. like my nick i'm still a noob and this is only the 2nd car i drove. not much experience ; )

Wiras's option might be better though.. ; )
but IMO i wont mind getting new wear and tear stuff.. since it will worn off and halfcut parts might not last as long.. but ofcoz, you might want to try out diff settings then maybe you should stick to halfcut.. just my opinion.. dont shoot me *cabutz*

Last edited:

JIYS

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
bro~
use the IMPROVED brand...
my friend satria using...
not bumpy and the stiffness quite good~
good than stock absorber.... ^^

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday evening, Volkswagen Passengers Cars Malaysia (VPCM), a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group Malaysia (VGM), launched the all-new Volkswagen CC at the Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC). The CC touts to carry an evolutionary design, with better dynamic performance, handling, innovative driver assist innovations and uncompromised active and passive safety...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience