Importing used calipers set to Malaysia possible?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Do you mean I still able to import myself? Cause the last time I checked, most halfcut shops in KL doesnt carry the model I want(its the calipers from LS430-UCF30). So I source it from Thailand over the internet.
If you bring in one set for your own use, I think not a problem.....

wafuk

May 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
personal case should be ok..i mean if u just buy 1 set for personal use and not to do business. just declare as "calliper - gift". if lucky, maybe custom guys also dunno what is it and dun bother to open.

kalau custom tahan, ckp jer "sy punye calliper (same model) satu keping sudah rosak tp kedai oversea takde jual satu-satu, mesti beli satu set maaa... local xde juai...apa mau buat?" :)

let us know if it works. :p

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Do you mean I still able to import myself? Cause the last time I checked, most halfcut shops in KL doesnt carry the model I want(its the calipers from LS430-UCF30). So I source it from Thailand over the internet.
bro... why don't u use cailpers that are easy to source for the brake pads. For example, you can use 4pot calipers from Supra/TRD. or maybe some 4pots or 6pots Endless/Brembo/AP Racing from other cars that their parts are available here. Modifications on the brackets to fit into your car will only cost u around RM500-600. some more, easy to find the brake pads when they are worn out. Later when you want to change your LS430's brake pads, it's going to be a headache unless u can find stocks in Thailand.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My only headache for the moment is the custom and a good workshop to customize the brackets, any suggestion for that?
Brackets? means you are changing to something bigger with larger disc? Then better make sure the current vacuum servo can handle the larger brakes....

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Used brake lines and brake pads are banned. The rest of the braking system is ok.

ywchg, if you require any parts for the LS430-UCF30 let me know. I can bring them in from Japan via my monthly shipment. Just email me at [email protected]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to improve on the performance of this car for street usage. Besides swop engine, what else can be done? Im from JB. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience