ICE Recommendation !!! sifu's HELP !!!!

Pacifico

Mar 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello people,
I've got a alpine CDE-9874E HU and Soundstream TRX4.420 amp at the moment. i'm currently looking for a front component speaker and sub connect to my car, since my car is small(satria) i figure its sufficient to run this setup.

to all the sifu's out there can u recommend a front component speaker and sub (genuine dowan cap ayam or kambing )

my budget its around rm600-700 for both if possible

and finally recommendation installation shop around klang valley and rough figure how much am i looking at for installation ( RCA + other cables +installation )

sifu's , ur suggestion will be greatly taken into consideration :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well bro , components, u can try to go eneos one utama , they have original soundstream low range components going for rm 350 or so, higher price better sound la bro.

Sub u will need to up ur budget at least u will need rm 450 for sub with box , since you have a satria , 10 inch will be enough, single voice coil as i assume u gona bridge from ur amplifier, sub should cost around rm 250-300, look around at mudah or zerotohundred forums, box is about rm100+, wiring should be less then rm150

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
by buying tat with the price, it make no different with buying a better quality chap ayam. some reputable "chap ayam" might sound better since they dun use the brand as selling point

Pacifico

Mar 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ravingill : thanx for the suggestion bro ... will look up on the forums and mudah if could catch a good deal !!!

howiechoo: sorry bro very noob in this ICE department. this there any reasonable brand or model that you would recommend for my budget that i should have a look at. and rough estimation of price i'm looking at just the installation cost ??

and suggestion on ICE shop that i can install my itemz near by to shah alam. distance 30km radius i could live with if the shop is worthwhile visiting or install my ICE.

again thanx again guys for the info !!!

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
can try my fren Kenny's shop at sect 23, New Soundquest

49, JLN PELABUR B 23/B

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
for comp and sub at 600-700 is really really low. you can try get a decent comp set first, then later get a sub. it will make better system

Pacifico

Mar 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanx guys for the input !!
another question, what should i look for during installation ,example types of cables,cable grades, and whatsoever.
my HU has 2 preoutputs does it that mean that it carry better input to the amplifier or something?? how does 2preoutput is better then 1 output??<--- just a noob question

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
2 pre out = one set for front speakers (to the front 2ch amplifier), and one more set for rear, to another 2ch amp. usually we use the rear output as sub output, no need rear speakers.

if only 1 pre out, u will need to split it with (Y-cable) if u want front and sub, or front and rear, or some 4ch amp will accept single rca input and split it inside the amp.

or u can use it as an input for an electronic crossover to split the outputs to the amps...

Pacifico

Mar 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanx zenn for the knowledge !!
i was browsing thought the forum and many forumers are recommending CV audio, KKLau, Auto gadget, Soundquest, KF Audio since they are very respectable shop.(plz dun shoot me if left out any of your favourites). just wondering with budget of 1k for splits,subs,wiring which shop could provides more variety low range branded options or average range low branded for me to consider. coz since all are high end shop i dowan to go there with a small budget and look like a fool cause the ICE item they have could cost into tens of thousands....

technical question
i'm driving a satria 1.5, which i think has a 75A alternator . my question is will the alternator provide sufficient power to run the amp at full blast?? dont really know how the calculation works and dowan my battery pulak KO in couple of weeks. my amp rating is 420W but not sure the ampere at full blast. but it has 2 30A fuse which i assume 60A if in series.

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
dont worry 75A is more than enuff...your not running a high power system anyway

1k for speakers and sub, maybe can la, for entry level only, better than cap ayam, but better save up bit more, to 1500 can get something better.