I need power for my L5

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Hi everyone. Need some advice on my kancil stock standard L5. I want to generate some serious horses yet maintaining reliability. Any advice from sifus here? Things that can be done and should be done in which steps.. thank you in advance

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Change your starter to titanium starter, use silver cable, user quality black oil and add some fuel saver. My friends use the top 3 step save almost 20% of his petrol believe or not. come to ipoh, let me show you my friends car.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Corson.. I was looking for higher figures like say 120-140whp. Well if thats possible la.. again it could be wishful thinking. Fuel saving not really a issue.. its the power I want...hehehe

yh4everlim

Oct 9, 2009
Selangor
change starter for improving horsepower... :congrats:
btw for stock engine lets start from intake, exhaust and fuel system, that shud give u alot of improvement in hp and respond, after that if still not satisfied with it then can try increase boost, throw in a piggyback or standalone.. but that time reliability will be an issue.

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Corson.. I was looking for higher figures like say 120-140whp. Well if thats possible la.. again it could be wishful thinking. Fuel saving not really a issue.. its the power I want...hehehe
Yes. Follow this step, your car have good power. Even uphill, you will feel. over cut the car also feel great.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

change starter for improving horsepower... :congrats:
btw for stock engine lets start from intake, exhaust and fuel system, that shud give u alot of improvement in hp and respond, after that if still not satisfied with it then can try increase boost, throw in a piggyback or standalone.. but that time reliability will be an issue.
You are right. Changing exhaust is a priority. You change exhaust first, soon you will see power fast. I have change my exhaust too.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
change to TD04-09, HD-e detomaso injector, high capacity fuel pump, ej20 coil pack, metal gasket, piggyback engine management & set higher boost.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You can continue your questions here. Got lots of info over here and the right person to ask are sifus like 4banger & Papagoines are the ones that can really help you with your request.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/307732-difference-between-l2-and-l5.html

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Thanks @Supra_Fanatics, will move my questions there

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
4gbanger.. your name itself suggest ur a veteran..hahaha. please share your knowledge on these babies.. so much I wanna learn but so little time... heheh

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bro Supra Fan lying.. since when im a sifu.. papagoines is the only sifu n master..
You are humble bro :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Glad we have more Kakis now.. SOON we sure can have Mira TT :top:
Really excited.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
hahah.. im no sifu lah.. its just that im happen to experience alot of wrong step in modding kancil before.. so i learn alot of lesson.. thats all.. whatever i suggest or share u guys must double check with other more experience or qualified mechanics..

maybe we should make one thread that explain background and experience of each member in ZTH so everyone can seek who's the right person can answer our problems. can ah SF?

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
Well im always careful with mechs advice.. hahha they tend to love to add loads of things to the purchase.. but not everyone is like that, hearing from a owners experience is much more satisfying as the owner are the ones forking the cash out of their pockets. Well if u made alot of mistakes then It means youre already very otai in that sense..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

searching for answers here.... as im still green in the whole modding buisness....

im driving a wira 1.6xli Millenium Ed. after a month of driving the car i had a problem where the mechanic said i had to change the engine(till today i still dont know whether he was telling the truth..) so i agreed and opted for a 4g93 mitsu engine as he said it would be cheaper than trying to replace it with another 4g92 proton engine.... total cost of the procedure is RM1200(is this cheap or expansive?)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience