How toget local AP's?

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Hi I hope I can find some answers from all the mentors around here.

Actually I had a friend who's in Singapore that wanted to sell his bike to me.
And I wanted to get this bike from him but I do not know what is the procedure & what are the right steps I should take to get through and avoid all the hassle.

Should I go to the JPJ there to get the approval, or where else government office that handle this kind of issue.

Thank you so much.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Hi I hope I can find some answers from all the mentors around here.

Actually I had a friend who's in Singapore that wanted to sell his bike to me.
And I wanted to get this bike from him but I do not know what is the procedure & what are the right steps I should take to get through and avoid all the hassle.

Should I go to the JPJ there to get the approval, or where else government office that handle this kind of issue.

Thank you so much.
Unless you are a bigshot Bumiputera businessman who has CLOSE ties with the dudes at MITI, Im sorry to say, but you can kiss your dreams of having that bike goodbye.

Malaysia has stopped importing vehicles from Singapore in the 80's. Last time i remember was the old crown victorias that were used as Taxies.

Other than that, no can do.

Getting an AP by yourself is quite impossible, unless you have been working or studying overseas. But then, you are only aloowed to bring in a vehicle from that particular country only.

This AP issue is very complicated and involves lots of redtape.

So I dare not go into further detail.

Hope it clarifies a few stuff.

CHeers

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
I'm nobody in the bumi business world. But why is this so difficult of getting some paper procedures stamp like we have to pay some money to the JPJ.
What is my friend he brings it back himself and declare it before he will sell it to me. Would this be any possible?

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I'm nobody in the bumi business world. But why is this so difficult of getting some paper procedures stamp like we have to pay some money to the JPJ.
What is my friend he brings it back himself and declare it before he will sell it to me. Would this be any possible?
To tell you the truth man, its way too complicated.

Its not like going to JPJ and getting some forms. JPJ doesnt have the authority in this case. In this case, its MITI (the AP guardian). Then you would have to deal with customs and then and only then you go to JPJ and PUSPAKOM.

If you do get the AP, its smooth riding from there.

Is your friend a Malaysian? Does he meet the criteria to receive an AP from the Government?

Then, is it 'allowable' to bring back a Singaporean vehicle?

Check with the guys at MITI and Wisma Putra. Not JPJ.