How to restore Headlamps to former glory?

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Hi peeps,
Anyone know of any company or service provider that can open and clean car headlamp lenses to remove the ugly yellowish gunk forming on an old headlamp?

If anyone knows of a service do share with us ya.

Btw, is there any chance that this can actually be DIYed?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
bro,ask those auto color shop to polish it using rubbing compund.
u can buy it too at the paint shop.make sure it's the finer one.

lawnmower

Known Member
Jan 23, 2007
hi, the yellowish stain that you see on headlights are actually formed on the outside not inside. if it's forming inside, then your headlights might be having a tiny hole or something in which water can seep in and evaporated on hot weather causing those yellowish stain.

you can actually send it for polishing at those car wash center. no need to dismantle the headlights. it'll take about an hour or 2 to get it done. price varies.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
ahahahaha!!! here i will share with u all the secret recepies how to polish your yellowish head lamp.
take a dry sponge or cloth.,then open your hood,deep the cloth or sponge into your brake fluid.then applied it to your head lamp.Walaaa!!! your head lamp will become new!trust me!ive beed doing this for a long time!and it works!
p/s:becarefull not to drip any dot brake into bumper or fender bcos this thing can damage your paint.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
ahahahaha!!! here i will share with u all the secret recepies how to polish your yellowish head lamp.
take a dry sponge or cloth.,then open your hood,deep the cloth or sponge into your brake fluid.then applied it to your head lamp.Walaaa!!! your head lamp will become new!trust me!ive beed doing this for a long time!and it works!
p/s:becarefull not to drip any dot brake into bumper or fender bcos this thing can damage your paint.
O.o" .........wah......

Maybe i will try and use lighter fluid or something to polish it. I will try and see if the yellowish gunk is on the outside or inside. Is there any other type of product that i can purchase to aid me in polishing the headlamp covers?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hahaha....bro,lighter fluid wont work 1.try the tips from raja emperor la.
the brake fluid really can damage ur paint if ur not careful enough.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
yup...i can guaratee its work!juz dip abit dry cloth into brake fluid,then rub it to your headlamp!sure it will become clear as crystal,trust me on this.ahahahaha!!!! once try this,surely u will never turn to other expensive product.
becareful with your painted surface ya?

May 1, 2007
I used headlamp polish liquid. Bought from Giant, available at ENEOS and Brothers too. Forgotten the brand, but made in Malaysia, price around RM10~15. Result not bad, polished my father 7 years old car headlamp. It's not very strong, so have to apply and rub few times to bring back the shine.

jzkzlz

Jan 16, 2007
digitalgadget.cjb.net
really a good tips..
i treat my headlamp last time by sanding it by 1000 gred sand paper, then spray clear coat paint on it. the result was not as good as brand new.
But i think i cannot use brake fluid already cause my headlamp got clear coat paint.
anyway thumbs up for raja.

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
ya lor....good info from raja

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
dont scared,give a try guys,sure u will amazed how this thing can make your headlamp like new.then u will throw away any aftermaket product that rekon can clear the yellowish stain.
i use this trick everytime i bought hulfcut mira for my fren,all headlamp yellowish colour,than i use this secret and it will look good as new.

tz76

Jun 15, 2007
yo bro....does this tips work on a plastic headlamp?

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
yup..its work on plastic head lamp.im a part time runner,so everytime ppl ordered me l2/l5 plastic headlamp,i will do this treatment,the yellowish plastic will turn to new like glass headlamp! and when i sent the item to cmr,they always questioning me on how im always lucky to get nice headlamp! ahahahaha!! this is my secret that i reveal to u all.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i was wandering if there's anyone of you guys in this forum is from kuching or happened to know any used parts dealer in kuching who sells or keeps mirage 4g15 1.5 complete head. My car is proton wira 1.5 manual and recently i had some problem with its head and the piston arm. So, i would like to swap the original head with mirage 4g15 head. As far as i know, mirage 4g15 is a twincam engine,so besides replacing the defective head, at the same time i also would like to upgrade its performance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience