how to raise a gap for the front bonet?

]\[ickless

Feb 6, 2004
Originally posted by philipplim@Oct 5 2004, 18:28
hi there,

Just finish doing my raise bonnet thinge..havent test it yet..but its quite easy le..no hassle in doing it...but the worst thing is you guys know there is a sensor in the bonnet itself..the thing can detect the closing of bonnet thus when i lock my car , the alarm goes off...its located near the left hand conner near the firewall...so the simple solution is "i disconnected it"..

happy trying!
cheers.
phil
Hah! This is what i've been asked before... :huh:

]\[ickless

Feb 6, 2004
Originally posted by ksgoh@Oct 6 2004, 13:53
then? satisfied with that?
Who? Me?... Emmm.. Quite satisfied ler wif the answer given, but really it's not a wise decision to just disconnecting the alarm sensor button. A friend of mine use to raised up his wira front bonnet with the gas absorber (remember the yellow absorber thinggie i've suggested before?).. He also did re-adjusting his sensor button slightly higher than normal before. While in this case, ppl were using metal washer and I just wondering if they still have to re-adjust the sensor button... :D

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
khguan u got diy it or not? why no u share? me no cam mar...poor man here no magnee to buy cam..muahahhaaa :lol:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
aiseh man.. lucky i saw this topic :) hehe..
need to jack my hood cos timing belt cover hitting the top :)
tried looking for the hydraulic thing.. could get em in brothers hehe :D
but i tink if u jack the hood.. it would be safer to put hood pins also rite..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Originally posted by fstrader@Oct 7 2004, 01:09
khguan u got diy it or not? why no u share? me no cam mar...poor man here no magnee to buy cam..muahahhaaa :lol:
sorry dude... didnt c ur question... ok now i answer..

i din DIY my hood ler.. i started this topic cos i'm curious how to do it.. n wanto do it.. but when ninja_iga explained bout how de air is moving.. then i feel it doesnt serve much purpose... then i din do it lor. :P

no cam can borrow ppl wan mah.. handphone cam also jadi lar.. :lol:

ksgoh,
yeah rite.. this topic now wake up liao... :lol:

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
]\[ickless said:
That's very cheapest & easy way to raise up 'ur front hood...a bit... Another way is to mod 'ur original hinge by adding with somekind like gas absorber one i.e like the picture shown below.. The yellow thinggie one. Beside raises up 'ur front hood, it will maximizing the opening angle of the hood.. ;) But i don't know how much would tat cost... :P

u can ask at acc shop..cost you around rm180..

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
philipplim said:
hi there,

Just finish doing my raise bonnet thinge..havent test it yet..but its quite easy le..no hassle in doing it...but the worst thing is you guys know there is a sensor in the bonnet itself..the thing can detect the closing of bonnet thus when i lock my car , the alarm goes off...its located near the left hand conner near the firewall...so the simple solution is "i disconnected it"..

happy trying!
cheers.
phil
i also did that..hehe

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
jinkl said:
aiseh man.. lucky i saw this topic :) hehe..
need to jack my hood cos timing belt cover hitting the top :)
tried looking for the hydraulic thing.. could get em in brothers hehe :D
but i tink if u jack the hood.. it would be safer to put hood pins also rite..
just browsed to this thread..i think there's stocks at abang's jalan klang lama..price around rm 180.can't remember...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
lol dude......y need so much money?

i tot RM0 as for washers i got a lot different sizes @ home

float up the bonet to let the trapped hot air release out only right?

add some washers can already ma.....but i duno how to DIY step by step

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
LIFT up the bonet is not only for look.

It for letting out hot air in engine. very effective if u use open pod
as air input to throttle body must keep as cold as possible to maximize
power. a lot of racers cars also do this. i DIY it before. bought some
nuts and washers at DIY shop.. rm3.50 sap sap sui only.. i put 3 washers
in.. looks nice at my city... but finally found not much effect since i m using
drop in filter with cold air intake hose. so i took it out edi.

just be careful when fixing it.. my colleagues lifted his bonet on his satria 1.6..
at 120km/h++, suddenly the bonet pops up and hit windscreen, because when u put washer, the front side insert to lock with lot of stress.. so wind speed and vibration caused it to unlock...... pity him.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok here is an idea. Electronic turbo...mild boost. Get a turbine and modify it to fit a 12v high speed brushless motor (seen some at 70000rpm at 50kW)....Drive the compressing blades into trottle body. Turn on only when you want. When turned off, some kinda sollenoid to change air flow around turbine. Meaning to say that from air filter 2 pipes split. 1 to turbine...and another joins back after turbine...so you routed the air manually.....interesting idea....not sure will work.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience