Government wants to raise productivity by reducing public holidays

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
thestar online said:
MIRI: The Government wants to cut down on the number of “extra” public holidays at national and state level to improve the nation’s productivity and enhance the delivery system.
The most important religious and cultural festivals would be retained as compulsory public holidays while those deemed to be unnecessary may be done away with.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Dr Maximus Ongkili said that although there were already too many public holidays, some state governments and certain quarters were still clamouring for more.
“We are not going to increase the number. On the contrary, we are working towards reducing them,” he said.
“There are already 16 public holidays at national level every year. We should reduce them to improve competitiveness.”
There are also state holidays and extra days attached to holidays that fall on weekends, as well as additional holidays declared by state governments for specific events like the birthdays of their heads of state or sultans.
“There are more meaningful and productive ways to celebrate important events and occasions instead of just taking the day off,” Ongkili said yesterday.
He said Sarawak and Sabah want Sept 16 to be included as a national public holiday to mark the day Malaysia was formed, and there had also been calls from ethnic groups for their traditional festivals to be recognised as public holidays.
Ongkili said that while the Government respected the wishes of these quarters, it felt it was more important for the government machinery to serve the people better.
However, he stressed that no time frame had been fixed to reduce the number of public holidays.

I find this issue to reduce public holiday to increase productivity as a joke.
Why don't they start up by reducing traffic jams to increase productivity.
Stucking in a traffic jam that does not move at all is a waste of time and petrol.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
yeah instead of mumbling about reducing public holidays...they should sought how to improve traffic situations, this is a a very orthodox way....

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
biasa la...always stupid decisions from our gov

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Gobermen, Go check how your man work in the office and compare with private sector working attitude or best, MNC, then you they will know what's the actual root cause.

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
brainless ppl oni think this way...not think outside de box..

n yeah go n check how those ppl work la .. fat fat sittin there..kopi time.. den h*l* time..

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I don't understand why they impose 2 days holiday for their own staff in the first place and now they wanna reduce public holidays to increase productivity.
Government servants are working 5 days per week only rite now.
I really don't understand.

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
gov servant should work on sunday also but wit shift la
so those ppl like me have to work on sat no time to pay the bill on weekdays so sunday is my only free time

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
wah..cannot la...few days bring changes? they should turn back to working half days on Saturday..better..

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
talk bout KWSP thingy... for workers.. but if we wan to go there n check out our statements n stuffs.. we hav to talk half day leave ...n on sat. they half day also.. so wut is de point of KWSP for workers but not so worker friendly?

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
what makin good productivity ??? WTH ??

A lot of people working and dying at the company and helpin and supporting. U said "they have no productivy,".

How about u G-man, berlagak sgt talk kok n do dont work...

edde

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
I don't understand why they impose 2 days holiday for their own staff in the first place and now they wanna reduce public holidays to increase productivity.
Government servants are working 5 days per week only rite now.
I really don't understand.
Sorry la Daniel, Malaysian gov servant working only for 4.5 days only. Friday special prayers day from 12.30 to 2.45 then 3.00 pm tea time 4.30 go balik.
Call that productivity and special privy coz bumi status or islamic status. Yet they always says god teach them wan to be prudent and forgiving but talk only and never pratice but keep saying other ppl bully them bcoz there are the minority religion and blah blah .......so that the malaysian gov policy to pratice TALK OUT LOUD BUT NEVER ACTION TO FOLLOW.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys.

Is there any clutch "loceng" for wira? Currently im using 4G15 carb(already change to injection). Now im still using clucth cable gearbox type. Any possible to change to clutch loceng or super single?

If possible, what brand, model, or spec can be match with my current gearbox n engine.

Please help me otai2 and master2!:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience