Wanted to ask :- rally car style raised rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Not that I wanted to do something like it, but merely curious to know why people do it.

I see a lot of these Wiras with the rear-end jacked way up on oversized wheels ....often in staggered sizes with rears larger than the fronts....and quite frequently with wheel well gap large enough to drive a freight train through.

So what's the whole idea of doing this to their cars ? Not being a sifu with any of this stuff, by first impression it looks very unstable to me. I talked to a guy who did this to his wira and all he said to me was he did it for the looks and it's not particularly stable. But that's just one guy and one opinion.

Is there any particular benefit of doing this ? Hopefully some of you sifus can clarify.

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Benefit? sure got one....:bird:

When they want to take their uncles, aunties, grandparents, parents and cousins balik kampung with their luggage, their rear will not bottom out and scrap the ground lor...

And the jacked-up rear can also provide shelter for their pets (chickens, cats, goats, etc... ) when raining....

Some of them raise the rear so high that if they emergency brake, the whole car will flip over... :shot:

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
convenient during flood, crossover divider to opposite lane incase got surprise traffic jam and dont have to worry about going sideways on monster humps...IMO

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
convenient during flood, crossover divider to opposite lane incase got surprise traffic jam and dont have to worry about going sideways on monster humps...IMO
They cant, only tha REAR is raised. the front is still low.

Take corner these cars have a tendency to buang cause the tail end's center of gravity is higher, therefore unstable
What more to say when most of these cars are Front wheel driven cars where the steering is biased to the front and the rear wheels are just spinning freely.

thats my 2 cents of thought

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
some of the short drivers cant see the road in front very well. so with the jacked up rear end, can see the road better...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Sometimes very funny la this rally look. Some got it ok, some not. The idea is to get the car higher. And whats funny is most of them just jack up the rear! Unless the driver is not speeding, i think its should be fine. But the handling of the car really is out during high speed.

I think next time might as well just Donk Box & Bubble the car la.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
some of the short drivers cant see the road in front very well. so with the jacked up rear end, can see the road better...
agree. try to see the driver then u will understand. if can interview them at trafic light. haha....

maybe they want to make their wira look like waja cozs waja ass is higher than the front.

msia boleh marr

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
now, this style also being implemented on iswara.
soon myvi will follow also. imagine a fat car, like myvi with rear jack up and front jack down low low.
haha.............
cant imagine it.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
After jacking so high, will it handle like vans? Empty vans are scary at downhill, uphill and corners. :adore:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
In Seremban here got a lot of this so called 'Rally Car' especially in Senawang area.

My opinion.......it's totally rubbish and useless. Why?
1. The car sure handles like a bus or lorry.
2. I really can't stand the staggered wheel settings on these 'rally cars' It's pointless, unless their cars are FR. maybe they are trying to imitate FR cars.

Other rubbish that they will add is Evo look vortex that doesn't work but good for scratching the itchy back side, mud flaps from lorry, rob some poor kindergarten kid's decal and stick on to the car to make it look like rally car, stick an Ayamas sausage like antenna at the boot or a light saber, put a fake air intake on the roof, put a senget & noisy exhaust to attract attention and the final touch to becoming a clown....a piece of jerky like rubber strip at the rear bumper that drags along the road when the car moves. Actually it's a tape to measure water height when flood happens.

:mad:

Last edited:

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
..a piece of jerky like rubber strip at the rear bumper that drags along the road when the car moves. .

:mad:
correction, the strip usually does not even touches ground.....n its supposed to be anti-static or watever crap.....:P...hahahahah....other than that i 100% 2nd on it that its nothing but absolutely n hopelessly rubbbish........

Status
Not open for further replies.