How to make Adjustable HI/LOW abs softer????

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
Hi all u guys...........

I am using a set of TEIN adjastables HI/LOW only....do not have soft/hard........

i want to make it softer abit as it is very very hard now...meant for track i guess???

can i change the springs or do some thing with it to make it abit softer also enough???

PLS help me on this......sayang to sell also,bought so mahal ..........

thanks guys......hope someone have some idea on wat should i do....???

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
the cheapest alternative is to try different spring rate and see if that helps but most of the time it just helps 10-20% as the valving/damping/stroke of the absorber itself is already set that way from the factory and changing springs might just help a bit. I had a set of cusco short stroke hi/low adjustable before also and it was too bumpy for daily use but just awesome in the track in the end instead of wasting more time and money trying to patch the problem I sold it off and got a more suitable coilover of daily use.

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
the other way is raise the suspension higher then the absorber damping rate will be different n u fell more comfortable but too high will give u the floating feeling......

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
yolk - bro how or where should i find different spring rate for my abs????any idea
How do i know it can fit or not? thanks man

Tom's - U mean just make it higher arrr.....ok i will try n c......thanks man

ANY other way????

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
you can always send it to be revalved but i prefer to leave it at the setting at what it's suppose to be when received from japan ... sometimes malaysia tak boleh .. hahahahhaa ..

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Yup raise up the sus and you will feel the diff.
If still not soft snough, reduce the spring rate but i am doubt you will like it coz it mean change to local or taiwan made spring.

Wei Nasir, mana boleh "reduce the amount of oil inside" one!!!

kiran84

500 RPM
Feb 1, 2005
dunno
Visit site
Bro ss.....where can buy or find a diff spring rate for my TEIN??

Today i made my abs all higher....like rally car oni........

Wah lan neh.....damn swingi lar..........take corner....belakang like buang buang.....

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
can buy new springs from local suspension manufacturer I guess like apm/hwl/titan etc etc

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
mike ... itu HWL punya hal .. better u ask sifoo WONG .. i think he damm member with them one maa ... hahaahahahaha ... but if i remember correctly .. sifoo WONG told me HWL factory is in sg buloh laaaa ...

and btw ... those BILSTEINS at kajang sold liauuu .. hahahaahahahaa

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
levin818 said:
Yup raise up the sus and you will feel the diff.
If still not soft snough, reduce the spring rate but i am doubt you will like it coz it mean change to local or taiwan made spring.

Wei Nasir, mana boleh "reduce the amount of oil inside" one!!!
can...and already provent :D :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was looking around for a new shifter knob to brighten up my already drab looking 11-year old interior. Hunted around and found some neat ones but at very steep prices. So i thought, why not make my own?

Found a nice new golf ball out of the box stolen from me dad's stash, and hey why not? Nice to hold and don't look that weird in the car.

Got a drill, blue tac'd the dimpled sphere shaped victim to ground and grinded away at the bugger...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience