How to install Monza Tachometer in Kelisa

Jon.lcl

Jun 2, 2005
Bukit Jalil
I've been trying to install a monza tachometer in my kelisa but i just kept failing.

The manual says i should get the rpm reading from the ignition coil but kelisa is a bit more complicated than that.

I've tried getting rev signal from the ecu pin 29 but failed too :confused:

How?? can anyone help me please???

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
the meter is for how many cyclinder one?...if i'm not mistaken that monza meter is for 4 cyclinder and above...but kelisa only 3...correct me if i'm wrong other sifus...u can check it at the back of the meter...theres a switch indicating 4..6..and so on..

Jon.lcl

Jun 2, 2005
Bukit Jalil
Yep. it's 4-6-8 cylinders. Is that why it's not working at all?

I suspect that too, but the guy who sold it says it fits all.................

:mad:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
most RPM/rev meters wont read correctly 3 cylinder engines. it'll under-read ALL the time
(to get accurate reading, set to 6cylinder and times 2 to get accurate read! )

sorry, i don't know how to tap/fit a RPM meter onto a Kelisa, which runs on 3 separate coils..

besides, don't you have a RPM meter on the dash meter panel already?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
hehe :P i guess this one is for cool ractor already :P ekekeke......cannot tap from the original source?? as in the wires connecting the RPM itself?

Jon.lcl

Jun 2, 2005
Bukit Jalil
haha, ya already have rpm, but since ppl tell me it's very 'cheap' i buy one to play lo.

anyway, tried everything but still won't work.

and i'm not really serious on installing it, that's why i din take it to the acessories shop and ask them to mount it on my dashboard LOL.

thanks for the response! ;) :mellow:

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
bro...have u sent it to the shop for installation? a friend of mine have done this to his kancil...so he said that to tap the source from the ignition coils AND from the original source i.e ur original meter lah...good luck...

siawgu

Mar 2, 2005
Kuching, Sarawa
Visit site
me also tested oredi.. but the Tachometer not same with the original one.. and how to mod from 4 cylinders to 3 cylinders setting? i;m using Autogauge SMoke 270" tacho... pls advise.. thx

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my friend driving kancil 850... he forgot to put back the radiator cap after he check before his journey..

for some distance the temperature go high and after he check back, the water in the tank already dry... then he top up the water into the radiator and after that, his car broke down and cannot start back...

what is the real problem hear and what should he do??

getting help from expert.. :)

p/s: sorry for grammatical mistake
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience