Forgot to put back radiator cap

pain killer

Jan 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my friend driving kancil 850... he forgot to put back the radiator cap after he check before his journey..

for some distance the temperature go high and after he check back, the water in the tank already dry... then he top up the water into the radiator and after that, his car broke down and cannot start back...

what is the real problem hear and what should he do??

getting help from expert.. :)

p/s: sorry for grammatical mistake

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the engine fried already due to overheat....

in most case...need to do top overhaul and change head gasket...worse....the piston ring and crankshaft bearing need to be replaced also which means it needs full overhaul...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Without the radiator cap, the water would have already evaporated in steam.

If the engine wouldn't crank, that could mean that the engine may have suffered drastic overheating meltdown and may have cause it to seize.

also wouldn't recommend pouring water into the tank when the engine is hot and especially hotter in these conditions which would most definitely cause something to crack.

good luck

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
when the engine temperature reach a certain level, the engine would shut down itself.
happened to me when i had a radiator hose leak right after my car came out of the workshop after engine rebuilding.

just pray hard that your engine head not bengkok, if it is then u might have to find an engine kosong.

pain killer

Jan 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
did yr fren hear any wierd sounds from the engine b4 shutting down? any oil leaks?
after he topping the water into the radiator, sound like 'pop' after he start the engine.... what the problem is it??

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

the engine fried already due to overheat....

in most case...need to do top overhaul and change head gasket...worse....the piston ring and crankshaft bearing need to be replaced also which means it needs full overhaul...
sound like very worse problem... how much would he spend to repair all of this??

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
ahh man ive been there although not because i didnt put the radiator cap on
probably water has entered the combustion chamber which means that ur gasket most probably is gone
just open to oil cap to see if the engine oil on it is milky if so then water has definitely entered the engine
best thing to do now is to not start or even drive the car at all untill it is sorted out because the damage could get worse
just tow the car to ur workshop and have the head removed for further inspection

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
sounds like a burnt head gasket. Do a compression test to confirm.
yes definitely do a compression test first u should get similar number across each cylinder
if there is a large fluctuation from one cylinder to another then u can tell that head gasket is leaking
or even if the compression figures are too low that would not be a good sign

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys,
Can somebody tell me about the engine?..how good is is, stable?, good? long lasting...fast?...responsive to modifications?...have anyone done a major mod to it b4? i wanna do some research..tell me tell me tell me..hihi
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience