Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

How to choose engine oil?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
now i m choosing liqui moly 10w30 for my myvi and viva.
since the manufacturer said to stay within X w30.

Last edited:
All oil whether Mineral, SS or FS will sludge when over used, that is why we have Oil change Intervals.
Make sure the oil is changed according to your car manufacturer's recommendation and you are fine with whatever branded oil you are using.....:driver:

my statement is mean if afta 4-5k km.. everytimes done servicing.. change e0..still using the same L.Moly.. that L.MOly will clog everything.s

not overused more than 5k km or eo limits.. hehe

and he never recommended any eo to me.. he just tell me that L.Moly is not suit to used/stick permanently like other eo..

me n my family + close friends do everything's @him since a years ago without any problems.

my statement is mean if afta 4-5k km.. everytimes done servicing.. change e0..still using the same L.Moly.. that L.MOly will clog everything.s

and he never recommended any eo to me.. he just tell me that L.Moly is not suit to used/stick permanently like other eo..

me n my family + close friends do everything's @him since a years ago without any problems.

then its up to you. no comment

With his statement that is why he cannot recommend any eo, because to him all the same.....:biggrin:

haha.. i'm just sharing the info i get to all of you.. in 1 motive to get the true info.. it;s not am want to force all of you to believe what i says..haiyoo haha dats all.. i close my words. im leaving.. haha tq

haha.. i'm just sharing the info i get to all of you.. in 1 motive to get the true info.. it;s not am want to force all of you to believe what i says..haiyoo haha dats all.. i close my words. im leaving.. haha tq

Bro., we also sharing info only. Even my mechanic don't know much on oil. For him he sells whatever is convenient. Since Mobil distributor is just next door to him, he sells Mobil oil, so when low on stock just ask them to send over....ha! ha!
Leave now, come back tomorrow.....:driver:

Ya, my aunt is using something just few bucks less than RM100, some Caltex Engine Oil Highest grade.
She got it very cheap since the mechanic shop is actually the direct supplier or something like that....

I was like ermmm...Caltex High Grade but cheap? She say cheap not cuz not good, is cuz they dont need to go
through third party for the stocks...

Ya, my aunt is using something just few bucks less than RM100, some Caltex Engine Oil Highest grade.
She got it very cheap since the mechanic shop is actually the direct supplier or something like that....

I was like ermmm...Caltex High Grade but cheap? She say cheap not cuz not good, is cuz they dont need to go
through third party for the stocks...

Should be the Caltex Havoline, but branded sometimes sell at list price one. Probably she got discount from mechanic....:biggrin:

Should be the Caltex Havoline, but branded sometimes sell at list price one. Probably she got discount from mechanic....:biggrin:

Something like dealer price or something...that's why always go there service car..

wah...no see ler, seems like alot of ppl says castrol edge better, but i cant complaint too much la since ferrari factory filled is shell helix ultra, mine 1.4 8v nia :P

Would not say is better but for the same $$$ can get the 0w-40 viscosity....:biggrin:

Actually...is there a big difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40? Coz my car spec for 30 but it is harder to find. 40 can withstand higher temp without major changes in viscosity..shouldnt be affecting much I guess if I use 40?

Actually...is there a big difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40? Coz my car spec for 30 but it is harder to find. 40 can withstand higher temp without major changes in viscosity..shouldnt be affecting much I guess if I use 40?

The difference isn't really noticeable on standard cars. Quite frankly it probably even feels the same. But for lightened, balanced and blue printed cars, the difference is felt. I haven't blue printed my car (the other 2 I have) but a xW40 and xW30 oil does have a difference in butt-feel for me. Right now I'm using Blitz 5W40 and personally I don't find it any more rev happy compared to my regular Pennzoil 5W30. The 0W20 I used in the past was even more rev happier.

But warning though, the lighter the weight, the more inappropriate it is for use on track or if your car is constantly redlining. I'm an uncle driver so to me the lightweight oil feels light for me and lets me drive more peacefully in some sense.

i think its more difficult to choose genuine engine oil as too many fake oils in the market now. :banghead:

I agree ,now more and more fake oils,We are very worried

this is really good information. any comment on NASA semi syn VR11? my car is on dis motor oil.

castrol magnatec from authorized dealers for my daily driven mivec. if u wan to race, theres a lot of brands/ specs 'll suite ur needs.
i fell in love everyday whem mivec kicks-in

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hey guys i need help!!!!

Planning to get and Audi A4 B8 model, came across a few models in mudah from 2010,2011 & 2012
need to know on general how is this car maintanance ?? as in reliablity of the gearbox and engine??

I heard some of the model has a lot of gb and engine problem....
Called a few 2nd dealer and they said engine & gb no problem (standard la want to sell their cars)

Spoke to a sales person from pre-owned audi glemnarie, he said get 2013 model and above. 2010 2011 &...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom