How to choose engine oil?

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
haha.. i'm just sharing the info i get to all of you.. in 1 motive to get the true info.. it;s not am want to force all of you to believe what i says..haiyoo haha dats all.. i close my words. im leaving.. haha tq

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha.. i'm just sharing the info i get to all of you.. in 1 motive to get the true info.. it;s not am want to force all of you to believe what i says..haiyoo haha dats all.. i close my words. im leaving.. haha tq
Bro., we also sharing info only. Even my mechanic don't know much on oil. For him he sells whatever is convenient. Since Mobil distributor is just next door to him, he sells Mobil oil, so when low on stock just ask them to send over....ha! ha!
Leave now, come back tomorrow.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, my aunt is using something just few bucks less than RM100, some Caltex Engine Oil Highest grade.
She got it very cheap since the mechanic shop is actually the direct supplier or something like that....

I was like ermmm...Caltex High Grade but cheap? She say cheap not cuz not good, is cuz they dont need to go
through third party for the stocks...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, my aunt is using something just few bucks less than RM100, some Caltex Engine Oil Highest grade.
She got it very cheap since the mechanic shop is actually the direct supplier or something like that....

I was like ermmm...Caltex High Grade but cheap? She say cheap not cuz not good, is cuz they dont need to go
through third party for the stocks...
Should be the Caltex Havoline, but branded sometimes sell at list price one. Probably she got discount from mechanic....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Should be the Caltex Havoline, but branded sometimes sell at list price one. Probably she got discount from mechanic....:biggrin:
Something like dealer price or something...that's why always go there service car..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wah...no see ler, seems like alot of ppl says castrol edge better, but i cant complaint too much la since ferrari factory filled is shell helix ultra, mine 1.4 8v nia :P
Would not say is better but for the same $$$ can get the 0w-40 viscosity....:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Actually...is there a big difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40? Coz my car spec for 30 but it is harder to find. 40 can withstand higher temp without major changes in viscosity..shouldnt be affecting much I guess if I use 40?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually...is there a big difference between 5w-30 and 5w-40? Coz my car spec for 30 but it is harder to find. 40 can withstand higher temp without major changes in viscosity..shouldnt be affecting much I guess if I use 40?
The difference isn't really noticeable on standard cars. Quite frankly it probably even feels the same. But for lightened, balanced and blue printed cars, the difference is felt. I haven't blue printed my car (the other 2 I have) but a xW40 and xW30 oil does have a difference in butt-feel for me. Right now I'm using Blitz 5W40 and personally I don't find it any more rev happy compared to my regular Pennzoil 5W30. The 0W20 I used in the past was even more rev happier.

But warning though, the lighter the weight, the more inappropriate it is for use on track or if your car is constantly redlining. I'm an uncle driver so to me the lightweight oil feels light for me and lets me drive more peacefully in some sense.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
this is really good information. any comment on NASA semi syn VR11? my car is on dis motor oil.

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
castrol magnatec from authorized dealers for my daily driven mivec. if u wan to race, theres a lot of brands/ specs 'll suite ur needs.
i fell in love everyday whem mivec kicks-in

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey everyone, i just wanna asking if any chance to do a fake 2 step setup in 4g13 carburetor engine? i thinking to cut the spark after reach some RPM. Anyone here can help me to build a diagram? :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience