how to adjust air fuel ratio

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
1) yes.... 4g15 n 4g13 using the same carb....

2) jeng jeng jeng...

3) screw in means clockwise... similar to water pipe... wanna close the tap (lean mixture), u turn clockwise....

4) the workshop usually tune my carb and ignition timing only charge me 5bucks... other workshop i dunno... but shouldnt be expensive....

hmmm this photo very familiar :X-:

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
can we just adjust the distributor and tune down the timing screw on the back of the carb?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
can we just adjust the distributor and tune down the timing screw on the back of the carb?
cannot ler... adjust distributor is to adjust the ignition timing... nothing to do with the carb AFR... carb AFR is set from behind (facing the firewall), as shown in the pic...

fendy5479

Dec 22, 2006
hi sifus, nooby here...
so where is the idle speed screw?? not the a/c off idle screw?

fendy5479

Dec 22, 2006
in the picture show only the a/c off idle screw, a/c idle screw and air/fuel ratio screw... so which one is the idle speed screw? :confused:

fendy5479

Dec 22, 2006
ayo.. confuse laa. u wrote this..

Originally Posted by papagoines
one question thought....
idle speed screw = air con off idle screw?

Originally Posted by SkYwAlKeR
not same.... there is 2 separate screw to control it....

anyway, thnx man...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
since when i said that??... hmm..

anyway, idle speed screw got 2... 1 is for aircond off, and another is for aircond on... thats why u can have 2 separate idle rpm for aircond on and off...

escaping

Nov 27, 2007
si fu.. how about nissan sunny E11 engine punya stock carbie screw? my car running wif a bit white smoke n dense gas smell..
FYI i just changed the air filter but my rpm decreased below 500.. if turn on the air cond then will be fine..
if i off air cond + on head lamp.. car stop...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
si fu.. how about nissan sunny E11 engine punya stock carbie screw? my car running wif a bit white smoke n dense gas smell..
FYI i just changed the air filter but my rpm decreased below 500.. if turn on the air cond then will be fine..
if i off air cond + on head lamp.. car stop...
white smoke??... piston ring gone??.. need overhaul??...
if piston ring KO, does it mean static compression is lower than usual??... does this translate to lower idle rpm??..

sifoo sifoo help guide noobie here...:adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience