Situation Critical: Alternator Dead.. Smokes..

gotdamsg

Nov 19, 2005
Klang Selangor
While driving, electronic parts already showing the power loss. Everything on and off because of loss of power. Things getting worst and the car start jerking and the RPM meter unstable. My home is not that far away so I push the car a little bit, working hard to reach home. I felt the car and engine working very hard when I press the pedal. Suddenly there is a sound like a blow up (like a fire with blow up sound) in the exhaust, everytime I push the pedal. Once I reach home, the engine is off itself. There is smokes coming from the bottom of the car and exhaust.

What happen with the smokes from the exhaust and from the bottom of the car? Expert advise please. (tomorrow will check further and hopefully just the alternator need a replacement :( )

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
not very sure. but want to warn u to pull off the battery terminal first. if can, take off the battery from engine bay if possible.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
is there petrol smell as well?
happened to me before, suddenly car died on the highway, engine shut off, when try to start again...got blub blub sound, like car running on 4 pistons (im using v6), followed by petrol smell & alot of smoke immitting from the exhaust.

at 1st i tot the fuel pump had kong, when i pop the hood, the air flow hose connected to the throttle body had popped off. popped it back on & car back to normal.

u should try checking your hoses bro.

gotdamsg

Nov 19, 2005
Klang Selangor
no petrol smell i think.. just like burning/hangus smell. normal smell when overheating. but the engines temperature is down when driving in the bad mode.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

maybe need to check the plugs, some people said might be the plugs flooded with oil.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That sounds like a hose problem.

If alternator dead it wouldn't react like that. Check the plugs for oil like you said and pray it wasn't the overhaul that screwed up the car!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
alternator dead=weaken battery comes to dead=engine misfiring before dies=damage to piston/conrod??not sure....

but if u says got popping sound of fire in the exhaust then most likely the engine was missfiring during that time....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

duno where is the old topic went...so i just repost to share with u guys about my DIY heatshield just completed today.....

i took some plannings on cardboard before transfer the actual measurements to the paper and lastly draw it on aluminium sheets and cut + rivets them to shape....and lastly insulate it with superlon i had....

pics :

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience