oso got retarded cams, advance cams

even got "low" or "shortie" cams

all sort of cute names to make it interesting to potential buyers lor

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
the "hi" on the hi cam usually refers to the "lift" that the cam exert to make the valves move down n up.

a hi cam will make ur valve being pushed down lower to open wider , thus giving less resistance to flow.

the peak of the loob are higher for a hi cam, not neccesarily wider or fatter.
Just to make the valves open wider.

being specific on the term "hi" oni

duration and position of cam is more usual to be described by "long" or "length" and "degree"
That's y i tot hi cams will exert more force to your valve.. cause the profile is more sudden.. sharper peak and the curvature more curved.. if you get wat i mean..

YuHaNiSa

Known Member
May 24, 2007
camshaft more overlap more power,lift hi to open valve more take air and fuel

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
long or short duration cams lor

oso got retarded cams, advance cams

even got "low" or "shortie" cams

all sort of cute names to make it interesting to potential buyers lor

That's y i tot hi cams will exert more force to your valve.. cause the profile is more sudden.. sharper peak and the curvature more curved.. if you get wat i mean..
thats why u need stiffer valve spring...

What degree will give most good pickup increase?
272 will be reasonable for street use while giving u reasonable driveability....

but if u are those gets vr irritated even ur dashboard vibrate 0.001 scala richter, den dont use highcams....

camshaft more overlap more power,lift hi to open valve more take air and fuel
yeap.... high valve lift allows more air/fuel to enter... longer durations allows air/fuel to be delivered at a longer duration...

both increases power output...

Hi, what i understand is if the duration is high,say 272 above is good for higher rpm or top speed not for pickup right?
if want pickup, rev higher and launch lor...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
thats why u need stiffer valve spring...

Where can i get this stiffer spring ar?:hmmmm:
depends on what engine u using... if u using those common ones such as evo and so on, stiffer valve springs usually available from performance firm such as HKS and so on...

if u using proton, most prolly u can get from RPW....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Hi, what i understand is if the duration is high,say 272 above is good for higher rpm or top speed not for pickup right?
depends on ur gear ratio (how big ur final drive is) and ur launching rpm (depends on traction - tyres).

if ur gear ratio teruk, n cant launch at hi rpm (as what sky said) then of course 272 n above are lousy. but most of draggers chose very high lift cams, and their pickup are simply out of this world...

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
yalor, tats y lor, so clever

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
What degree will give most good pickup increase?
woooo, u must go to uni and ask what kind of degree course they offer lor
u wan bachelor in wat ?
or u wan doctorate ?

hehehee, kidding, i siao siao today :stupid:

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
woooo, u must go to uni and ask what kind of degree course they offer lor
u wan bachelor in wat ?
or u wan doctorate ?

hehehee, kidding, i siao siao today :stupid:
Hehe..degree in doctor ayam...my hand are itchy to get this hi cam for my car.Can anybody suggest a good workshop in JB to tune it.:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't you just love tuners? They take a relatively fast car, replace some parts, do some tuning work and turn it into some fire breathing monster that can easily take on some of the more established barons of speed. This is one fine example by Emotion Wheels. The German tuner usually only works with wheels and this is its second time branching out into the world of total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience