Does RSM help YRV?

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I got a Myvi YRV turbo, but i have a problem with the speed cut, so if i put RSM will it help with the speed cut? what other function does the RSM have?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
yes it does. provided that installation followed for the speed cut diagram (bcos they have 2 diagrams, disable speed cut and retain speed cut)

other functions (other than displaying speed) are more towards display purpose such as:
1. rpm
2. voltage
3. tripmeter
4. G's (provided that u install the G-sensor)
5. lap time record (0-100, 0-200 etc..)
4. digital display of the above (rpm,speed,voltage,etc..)..max display 4, min 1.
5. analog display (shown in gauge type on the screen, only shows two at one time)
6. record highest peak of any value (rpm,speed,voltage, etc..)
7. estimated HP (provided G-sensor is install)

i think there are many to be list..but i forgot..may be other forumers might help :-)
i can't recalled back much due to last using it was back in 2008. hihihi

p/s: above listings are for RSM blue, black and imamura edition. not the SSD type RSM.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If i choose not to get RSM, is there any other way to get rid of the speed cut?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
there are other aftermarket products that can eliminate speed cut like the pivot speed meter..definitely cheaper than RSM.

i dont have any idea either oem YRV ecu can eliminate speed cut by just retune or rechip it.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think il go for the pivot speed meter. RSM sure kena pao one... Lol.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Better go for pivot, as It's cheaper and smaller size compared to RSM. Less thief attraction. I'm using one currently.

However bare in mind that Speedmeter got less features...so have to live with it.

Secondly, don't forget to calibrate your speed with the Pivot speed. If not your Pivot speed meter will be under/over speed shown.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah I'm okay with the unless functions, if to many functions my hand sure fatal.. Hehehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear readers, if you want a larger version for better viewing,
please right click open image in new tab for the actual size.
Due to zerotohundred's auto image resize it is fixed at this size to prevent people from posting epic large pictures.

p/s: while i was preparing this post i was not feeling well and vomiting all over my toilet bowl. Hope you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience