How did you get your first skyline?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
Okay guys, i know its me again with a boring topic, and probably it is getting a tad bit annoying but who cares, right?

anybody wanna share his thought on this topic?

maybe i'll start?

I wasn't a fan of skyline until i was 19, when my friend crashed my beloved supra into a ditch. The poor baby had to be written off and that time i was still doing my degree. Didn't exactly have a lot of money but i wanted to get a "gentlemans" car, beemer but shrugged off the idea because i told myself i wasn't gonna touch any european car until i am 30, besides i'm young and i should be off with a jap 2 doors coupe!

so i opted for the R32 GTR, because it was the closest rival of what a supra was. With the cash i had from the insurance total write-off and some other cash which my friend had compensated because of guilt i finally settled with the godzilla. There wasn't any ZTH or similar forums back then where you can find your car on the internet/forum(and get fucked like usual lol), finding one was a total bitch.Cut the long story short, i got one and handed the man cash and got it home.

First impression, so its a "sports" car, apart from the fugly interior than the supra, it still feels like a fugly complete noob car with less than attractive electronics(compared to the supra) which only losers will drive and glorify, for the first 45 mins cruising around i still felt that i have made the biggest mistake of my life, not until i decided to navigate to the faster side of the road with less traffic.

The power wasn't exactly what to shout about because i had the "slightly modded" supra,but when it rolled from the start with the AWD with the power to weight ratio manueuvring through corners like the charm with its power to weight ratio, it was nothing that a supra could have archieved. The supra was heavy and it was like trying to land a plane in shear wind through the corners, i couldn't really step on the gas until i exit it, but with the R32 i was able and more daring to do that.

i then realised, although it has a smaller displacement,stockish, and super fuglier it still gives me the best satisfaction when pulling from a standstill, the gear ratios of a supra is fucked and i didn't like it because it would just "howl" when cruising around at lower rpm asking me to drive faster. After a while, my business kicked off and i had a bit cash to spend, and ended up getting quite a few GTRs. Don't get me wrong, the supra is a fantastic chick magnet back then i would have still gotten Supras if it wasnt for the fact that they stopped producing models after the last batch.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Interesting =) story...

Both great cars, you had it good my fren.

I got a question though; do you ever feel that you’ve traded off a true sports car for a very fast grand touring car? My personal feeling is that the Skylines are not exactly sport cars and although they both have very different (and great) feeling about them they are still worlds apart.

I also graduated from a small Toyota sports car and now drive a Skyline. But one thing I must say tho. Nissan just does not have the build quality of Toyota and they age much faster (or maybe it's the drivers)

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I have to agree with iexit. A 10 year old Toyota is probably much better off than a 10 year old Nissan. I mean, look at the JZA Supra which was out 10 years ago and is probably more bullet proof straight off the showroom floor than the new R35 ;)

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
Interesting =) story...

Both great cars, you had it good my fren.

I got a question though; do you ever feel that you’ve traded off a true sports car for a very fast grand touring car? My personal feeling is that the Skylines are not exactly sport cars and although they both have very different (and great) feeling about them they are still worlds apart.

I also graduated from a small Toyota sports car and now drive a Skyline. But one thing I must say tho. Nissan just does not have the build quality of Toyota and they age much faster (or maybe it's the drivers)

yeah i did feel that way if you know how i felt. The seat shape,the interior concavature, fabric, gadgets....when you sit on it your back sunk back in a way that when you hold your hands out for the steering and look outside, you feel that you are sitting in a batmobile. The R32 felt otherwise, i felt a very big regret for a long long time on the transition, but it wasn't all that long also when i find out i love the rectangular headlights of the R32!

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I stole it
and drive it like i stole it
before i dispose it like i stole it

let me guess, at Fraser's Hill?

sounds like one of these days i can organise a jungle trip down the valley to scour for free parts. thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

[PIMPIN];3805515 said:
I have to agree with iexit. A 10 year old Toyota is probably much better off than a 10 year old Nissan. I mean, look at the JZA Supra which was out 10 years ago and is probably more bullet proof straight off the showroom floor than the new R35 ;)
do you have only 1 friend, and that friend comes with the name blackhowling?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
umm... firstly, supra is ok laaa.... skyline is like a cult.. it has its followers.. .like i've said to most of my friends.. i started off hunting for r33 gtr first... but because of the cost involved in PURCHASING .. and also the MODDING cost to go where i am today compared to 2JZ / JZA80.. i chose supra... it's a poor man's choice..

secondly... err.. y is my name here??

cosmicgate said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PIMPIN]

do you have only 1 friend, and that friend comes with the name blackhowling?
If u look at it, it's quite an actual fact.. look at the R35s rolling out of the factory + all the transmission issues... i dont see much of jza80's having that much issues... u dont need a 'blackhowling' to point that out..

YouTube - Adolf Hitler's R35 GT-R Original

or maybe he has only 1 friend and he's called adolf hitler

but having said that..

Supra aint that much better off either... it handles like a pig.. it's lazy.. and when it's on the move, it's hard to maneuver .. it's hard to corner.. .. .. and to compare it to a skyline, of coz it's not an apple to apple comparison.. FR and AWD.. .. it's 2 worlds a part... that's y for my own safety, i drive very slow... apart from the reason i don not condone street racing la (coz i'm very the alim)... ahhahahaha :)

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
i have 1 car. It used to be vios until i traded it for the ER34.

That's how bad I wanted the Skyline....

... until you absolutely needed to go into Sungai Wang parking to shop, then how bad you wished you had your vios ... Hahaha :rofl:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Eyong.. thanks for the heads up. I won't be driving to Sungai Wang then. Will park at Pavillion.

Btw...KLCC, Curve, OU all passed. :)

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Cosmicgate - I actually don't know Blackhowling, never met the guy :)

Blood Red - If you go to Sg Wang, park at the valet at Low Yat, as in park yourself at the entrance :) That's if you simply must go to Sg Wang. I once tried with my STI, ended up RM1,300 poorer haha.

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
Why would anyone want to go sungai wang to begin with? (I feel a drastic change of topic coming up LOL). But maybe some one should start a thread about which mall our cars will most probably be able to enter without much fuss…

I’ve done mid valley & the curve no problem. Tropicana Golf Resort can go in, but can’t come out, so I had to go the opposite direction to get out LOL

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
iexit...hahahahahah...sure the security guard scratched their heads watching u. :) But I agree with u about listing the malls that wouldn't cost us just the parking ticket, so that we know what car to drive (if we have a 2nd car that is).....

Pimpin...STI that low ah? I didn't know...

Btw... just in case anyone starts ramming their skyline driving into KLCC, OU, etc...my ER34 is with standard bumper (i think) with standard ride height.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
[PIMPIN];3805997 said:
Cosmicgate - I actually don't know Blackhowling, never met that fat fella... though everyone knows he's very alim :)
huh?? i thot u say u dunno me??....??

kekekekeke

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Just park at Berjaya Times Square and walk over to Sg Wang..

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
[PIMPIN]

i thought you met Bryan (BLACKHOWLING) before? at old town with nicole and russ...

or am i mistaken... in which case we must settle it with a dag race between you and Bryan... which is also a good icebreaker hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Ever heard of car care product called duragloss? For sure all the otai2 here well known with this products.
It's got all range of car care products from exterior to interior even for racing purpose. Alot of s'porean order from us the Duragloss Track Claw Instant Traction when they want to having fun at sepang. :top::burnout:
The price is affordable and easy to use.

Here is the link if you guys really interested with it. Feel free to check it out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience