What is your oil pressure reading?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Since I've go through fuel pressure, water temperature and voltage matter. Now is time to looking into oil pressure. From "buying a gtr" topic mention that the proper reading of oil pressure should be at 2 bar while idle(after warm up) and 4 bar while 4000rpm.
Back to my current situtation, after my car warming up, there is 1/3 chances my oil pressure is slightly lower than above mention, just very very tiny lower and I guess is 1.9bar at idle and 3.9bar at 4000rpm. Is that any problem?
2/3 chances is staying in proper reading as mention in "buying a gtr" topic. I just worry is there any problem before is too late. And wish all the mate can share your reading here. Thanks bro~

Last edited:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
My oil pressure was running dangerously low, which may be caused by a failing oil pump.

Cold startup shows around 6 bar or sumthing like that, but sometimes fall to near zero when the engine is warm. The engine is also giving displeasing sounds similar to metal grinding (a bit).

The engine was previously rebuilt at Lxxxx but after stories about botched rebuilds, I'm fearing for the worst. Was told that there are some hanky panky going on with the engine bearings, which may or may not involve the crankshaft and/or block :vollkommenauf:

So will be having the engine out to see what is exactly going on.. perhaps putting an oil restrictor while the engine is out. Would love to stroke the engine but no budget for that plus I'm not aiming for high horsepower anyway.

Will see how it goes in the coming weeks. Can't wait for it to be done with.. driving the Gojira definitely puts a smile on me everytime :thrasher:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
My oil pressure was running dangerously low, which may be caused by a failing oil pump.

Cold startup shows around 6 bar or sumthing like that, but sometimes fall to near zero when the engine is warm. The engine is also giving displeasing sounds similar to metal grinding (a bit).

The engine was previously rebuilt at Lxxxx but after stories about botched rebuilds, I'm fearing for the worst. Was told that there are some hanky panky going on with the engine bearings, which may or may not involve the crankshaft and/or block :vollkommenauf:

So will be having the engine out to see what is exactly going on.. perhaps putting an oil restrictor while the engine is out. Would love to stroke the engine but no budget for that plus I'm not aiming for high horsepower anyway.

Will see how it goes in the coming weeks. Can't wait for it to be done with.. driving the Gojira definitely puts a smile on me everytime :thrasher:
Feel so sorry to hear that mate. I wish your problem can be solved as soon as possible. What you've changed when rebuilding your engine, will be appreciated if you willing to share here~ Btw, I'm quite worry too, I bought my bnr34 at second hand, the dash meter has been changed to Nismo meter, thus I worry the mileage which shown now is not the true reading. Anyway, do update us about your engine. Good luck bro.

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Temujin: Check your oil for metal shavings...best way is to take off oil filter then cut it open.
If got, then gotta rebuild lar... bearings spun already.

Nenineni: From manual it's around 1.5 warm, 3.5 cold but so many factors come into play.
MOST IMPORTANT: Stock oil pressure sensor always rosak wan... need to use proper sensor to check.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Temujin: Check your oil for metal shavings...best way is to take off oil filter then cut it open.
If got, then gotta rebuild lar... bearings spun already.

Nenineni: From manual it's around 1.5 warm, 3.5 cold but so many factors come into play.
MOST IMPORTANT: Stock oil pressure sensor always rosak wan... need to use proper sensor to check.
Thanks mate~ So do you suggest to change the sensor? or add-in a defi gauge? I dislike too many gauge in my dash -_-

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Rather suggest you change oil 1st~ What type/brand you use now?Different density slightly give
different reading.If your pressure reading is maintaining 3 bar below even 4k rpm above then you can start to worry~

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Rather suggest you change oil 1st~ What type/brand you use now?Different density slightly give
different reading.If your pressure reading is maintaining 3 bar below even 4k rpm above then you can start to worry~
Noted~ Btw, I'm currently using Motul Competition 300V 15W50 engine oil, just changed my oil last month. I think my situation should not consider as low oil pressure yet, maybe I'm over worry but is good to worry all the time ^_^ Thanks again~

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
NeniNeniBobo, you worry too much. :biggrin:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hahaha, maybe u guys are right, I'm too worry but my car not monster yet, still have a long way to achieve monster level. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A fren of mine who's driving an older version of Honda City is having problems with his front absorbers. He's looking at changing to Monroe shocks that are branched to:
1) Sensa-Trac
2) Reflex

He's wondering which is better. He's not really into performance as he's looking more at comfort compared to performance (totally dislikes bumpy rides). I actually recommended stock suspensions but he wanted to try out something that has the best of both worlds that can provide both comfort with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience