How a well detail car incrreases horses & fuel consumption - Hybrid Just detail

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
Err bro, i dont found anything on the writing stated about HP increment after detailing, so i dont get what u mean here.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
I don't understand too ..

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
a well detailed (aka clean like frickin mirror on your marble floor) kinda car does not 'increase hp'. A clean engine bay with well maintained hoses, belts, wiring can improve your consumption because of less friction loss. but then again, the differences are so bare minimal not even an ant can feel it. neither can some people's 'well tuned ears and butt feelings'.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
a well detailed does not 'increase hp'. but attributing to a smoother flow of Aerodynamics
with lesser resistance

eg Start with taking all the junk out of your car's trunk. All that stuff is adding weight. Remember that as little as 20 pounds can change how well a car accelerates & increase 1 bhp.

You can also go for more expensive weight reduction such as replacing body parts with carbon fiber.

coming back to AD , when a car is properly detail, you will have lesser resistance equivalent lesser stress for your engine & lesser frictions

When I drove My 4G63 in my VR4, i did a dyno test, a slight increases of Bhp just from drawing in fresh air instead of eng bay air, heat actually drop your performance. but cool air help the combustion mixtures better, thats where air cool filter helps

same goes to unkept engine, oil leaking & spattering of engine actually holds dirt & heat wouldnt dissipate quickly & bhp is affected

another quick one Air intake - if u were to change to K&N air filter
there will be 3-5 Bhp increase, we did a dyno while i was working for speed works, an increase of 5 times airflows actually ihelp the combustion better.

at the end of the day, its a wholesome thing, if u were to see hot rods, they are built to perform & shine to show...all in all the bigger picture

a well kept car definite will not loose Bhp, but a neglected ones definitely

Last edited:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
hey KC, can u quote me the best price for detailing a 4-5 years old myvi? watermarks on body and mirrors, acid rain/ sunlight cause the spoiler to have black marks, some scratches on door handle and bumpers etc. TQ!

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
For every 18.18 lb removed, the car will gain approximately one horsepower. The same properties apply for the torque figures as 1 lb-ft of torque is gained for every 22.04 lb removed from the vehicle

Dirty Car Cash
Myth statement Status Notes
A dirty car is more fuel efficient than a clean car because the dirt makes the car more aerodynamic like the dimples on a golf ball. Busted (Concept Plausible) Adam and Jamie covered a car in dirt and mud and drove it down a track at highway speeds to measure its fuel efficiency, and repeated the test after the car was cleaned. They discovered that the average gas mileage for the dirty car was 24 miles per US gallon (10 km/L) while the clean car performed better at 26 miles per US gallon (11 km/L). They then tested the reasoning behind the myth, and tested how well dimpled golf balls performed against smooth balls. They discovered that dimpled golf balls could fly almost twice as far as smooth balls. Dimpled balls disrupt the air around them, creating a smaller wake behind them and reducing drag. After testing model cars in a wind tunnel, Adam and Jamie put a layer of clay on a full-size car and did two more sets of runs on their track - one with a smooth clay surface, the other with dimples pressed into it. The respective fuel efficiencies were calculated as 26 and 29 miles per gallon (11 and 12 km/L). Although the original myth was invalid, the theory behind it was sound, leading to a final judgment of "Busted, Concept Plausible."

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love tuners, I really do, I like what they do and what they stand for. They turn perfectly boring cars into a whirlwind of horsepower and torque exist solely to satisfy our need for speed. Well that’s how it was before, now they do that, and make they car look like a dream at the same time. I’m lusting over this Italian beauty that just had a helping hand from Novitec, the sleek bodykit and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience