Optimum Glass Coat : VW Passat Wrecked by Well Known "Master" Detailers

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
We had always believe that by maintain our finishing standards, our Zero Compromising Policy, we had nothing to fear. But this time round, we were scared shitless. We received a request from this client that had his car worked on by a well known detailing, so well know that the company is in many famous automotive forums. zerotohundred, lowyat, bmw owner forums and many more. We were scared shitless when we were appointed to work on a car that had undergone his so called "god hands" We were once mislead by his gospel and worshiped his Godlike skills like many other disciples. The tension is ON! Stress Level is high! Like he always say "Show me your work" Now we show you ours.

No bullshitting on how the car looks upon arrival, we go straight to how the paint looks. The car had been worked on just recently as the owner mentioned. I am not surprised that there is some small amount of scratches around since its a daily driven car.

What we would not stand was this. Upon putting the car right under the sun, we saw an entire section affected by hologram damage.

Holograms are the basic damage to remove for any detailer, not mentioned its a "Master" of Detailers? You be the judge.

As a professional, we could not tolerate slacking on the work to this level and still having the client pay for it. We DO NOT slack, we DO NOT compromise. We briefed the client about the condition on the paint and how we are going to deal with it. The client's expression was disappointment on the previous "Detailer". We moved on to fixing the damage.

Hologram from "Master" Detailer. Before.

Easily fixed by a REAL Professional.

Deep scratch before.

Deep scratch after.

We proceed to polishing and finishing the "unfinished" work from previous hands.

The light source is the sun itself.

On LED.

No longer any visible damage on the paint.

The leather was a mess and we as professional could not let it go by. We gave the leather a clean up and leather conditioning after. Check out the Before (Left) and After (Right)

We are not pointing fingers at the skill level, but the basic fundamentals of detailing is to produce quality finishing. It may not be possible to produce a flawless finish every time but we try. Holograms on a finished car is a sign of not even trying. Finally, we coated the car with our in-house Glass Coating due to budget restrains on the owner. If only he had approached us earlier and not WASTED his money on a "Master" detailer, he might have applied Opti-Coat™Pro instead. Not wasting further time, check out the results. Taken all with just a phone camera, unedited, raw and real.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

6/1/06 - around 3am..

my fren satria rear window was smash.. dont take anything

7/1/06 - 7.30am..

my vafc has been stolen.. 4 man (malay) use 2 motorbike smash my pessenger window.. my car park outside my house.. thanks god they dont stole my brother in law audio player..

9/1/06 - afternoon..

my fren walkie talkie antenna was stolen..

10/1/06 - 2-3 am..

my neighbour cd player was stolen...

:baring_teeth: so resident in cheras area, pls beware..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience