house paint on car ?

guest18

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
can I like buy somebucket of house paint , you know those paint wall and use it to paint car ?

I dontreally care about the quality I care more abourt covering it so it will not rust

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
better buy those industrial anti rust paint. Brownish colour. U apply on ur car oso ppl dun say "WTF? Is that our bedroom colour?"

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
i have a friend who owns a morris minor, he hand-painted his car, looks nice from afar but it u see closely can see all the strokes, even some of the bristles stick to the car, but he is very proud of the work done. maybe u can use flat black paint, can pretend it to be some prototype

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
House paint are designed for concrete/plaster surfaces. If you want to use paint on your car, get the paint designed for metal, but you may need to apply a layer of primer first. Go to Ace Hardware or paint shop and ask them how to apply paint to metal surfaces. ;)

apexi3016

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
there is a proton saga in serdang which is painted using normal gloss
paint using a brush. the whole car is painted 'nicely' just like if it was sprayed.
like suchap69 said, u can see all the strokes of the brush...

all i can say is, not bad job using paint brush..really respect the guy...hhehehehe

guest18

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
anyone got any good and cheap body workshop ?

no good lah all the place I gone to fix my car

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

AEM 4 Channel Twin Fire Ignition Module

Decide to get this and install it into my car. After around 2.5hrs or wiring etc. Its finally done.

I also increase the spark gap to 1.1mm

Initial impression is good. I can feel the idling smoother (less vibration). pick up is also better.

Will need some time to see if my FC improves.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience