UMW Warehouse Sales

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi Guys & Gals,

Was ask by some to inform when there is any sales.
Well, the UMW warehouse sales is back from 29/11/2012 to 02/12/2012

Pennzoil and Repsol oil on sale.....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Any comment for these both engine oils? I only know all the while Toyota is using Penzoil at their SC centers for Toyota Cars?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Any comment for these both engine oils? I only know all the while Toyota is using Penzoil at their SC centers for Toyota Cars?
Pennzoil quite reputed oil. Got rally team also, but now changed to Repsol already.
Repsol, if not mistaken, to me more well known for Motorcycle oil last time, now have for Cars too.

Not sure what is on offer, but last sale, together with cheaper price, they get out goodies like backpack and so on....:biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Take note Pennzoil, Repsol, although are international brands, the products you buy in Malaysia is packed locally or in Singapore, so the oil inside is NOT THE SAME as the ones overseas. They can put sub standard oil and you won't know anyway.

Redline, Torco etc, those are exactly the same as overseas.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Take note Pennzoil, Repsol, although are international brands, the products you buy in Malaysia is packed locally or in Singapore, so the oil inside is NOT THE SAME as the ones overseas. They can put sub standard oil and you won't know anyway.

What about Chemlube bro IXEO? Any experience/info on this?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I don't mind if they are packed, means they bring in barrel and pack locally to save on transportation.
Some are blended locally, so that have question mark, but for reputed brand I am not so worried.
Torco and Redline different category mah! Ester based Group 5 oil. Pennzoil and Repsol are probably hydro cracked Full Synthetic Group 3 only and there is a huge price difference.
If have Godzilla, sure I will be using Torco or Redline, but NA and even my old school turbo, these oil are good enough. In fact have been change brands and viscosity every now and then, and engine already with me for at least 10 years...:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There are too many engine oil brands out there, just so confusing on which one is better...since everyone rating themselves as
No.1 or Best.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There are too many engine oil brands out there, just so confusing on which one is better...since everyone rating themselves as
No.1 or Best.
True also, just buy branded if afraid....Got $$$ buy most expensive.....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What about Chemlube bro IXEO? Any experience/info on this?
No idea, but my dad uses Chemlube on his ride. - I'll check the bottle for you later tonight.

I don't mind if they are packed, means they bring in barrel and pack locally to save on transportation.
Some are blended locally, so that have question mark, but for reputed brand I am not so worried.
Torco and Redline different category mah! Ester based Group 5 oil. Pennzoil and Repsol are probably hydro cracked Full Synthetic Group 3 only and there is a huge price difference.
If have Godzilla, sure I will be using Torco or Redline, but NA and even my old school turbo, these oil are good enough. In fact have been change brands and viscosity every now and then, and engine already with me for at least 10 years...:driver:
You assume its the same oil. I doubt it for one simple reason, PROFITS. We don't know if the oils packed here are blended here or is it the original formula. Nobody knows. You want to be safe, buy Torco, Redline etc. Even Motul non-Group V is imported. The Motul H-Tech is not very expensive also.

Alternative? Buy Shell Helix from Tesco, that's fully imported from EU. Same stuff they use in Ferraris over there.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
True also, just buy branded if afraid....Got $$$ buy most expensive.....:driver:
Yup, which is why I use Chemlube for my altis so far so good. Just slightly touch expensive category of RM200 for 4L.

Kelisa uses Castrol Magnatec.

BLM using, Petronas one if not wrong since is SC service.

No idea, but my dad uses Chemlube on his ride. - I'll check the bottle for you later tonight.

You assume its the same oil. I doubt it for one simple reason, PROFITS. We don't know if the oils packed here are blended here or is it the original formula. Nobody knows. You want to be safe, buy Torco, Redline etc. Even Motul non-Group V is imported. The Motul H-Tech is not very expensive also.

Alternative? Buy Shell Helix from Tesco, that's fully imported from EU. Same stuff they use in Ferraris over there.
Thanks bro! Ya, can buy from either petrol station itself or from supermarkets like Tesco to be safe and sure that it is good quality engine oil...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

For Pennzoil, I am not afraid because it belongs to Shell. As far as I know Repsol also would not allow you to change anything, unless if you mean they do it under table....:banghead:

Oh! Chemlube is good stuff. I think Group V also.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For Pennzoil, I am not afraid because it belongs to Shell. As far as I know Repsol also would not allow you to change anything, unless if you mean they do it under table....:banghead:

Oh! Chemlube is good stuff. I think Group V also.....
There are 2 types, Chemlube and another is Chemlube Racing. Love Chemlube Racing after 1st try :rofl: Though is slightly more expensive than the normal chemlube...:top:

Will lead to addiction...:listen:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There are 2 types, Chemlube and another is Chemlube Racing. Love Chemlube Racing after 1st try :rofl: Though is slightly more expensive than the normal chemlube...:top:

Will lead to addiction...:listen:
The car go high......hahahahahahha:biggrin::biggrin:

kswee

Nov 18, 2012
Tainan Taiwan
I saw before louis motor oil in taiwan, don't know where it made from. but it can burn up till 300+*celcius (saw it on my own eyes) ,can't even find on any website.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I saw before louis motor oil in taiwan, don't know where it made from. but it can burn up till 300+*celcius (saw it on my own eyes) ,can't even find on any website.
You can test. Pour some oil on metal plate and put over the fire. I tested mineral vs FS oil before. Mineral will boil and dry up, the FS will keep boiling....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My housemate myvi WPF 4965, original state, was stolen at subang jaya housing area just now during a house break in. Whoever spotted this car kindly inform me at 016-2020173 (JD).
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience