Hot new Lexus CT200h to be launched next week - RM168K onwards!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

A Lexus for the price of a Toyota? With the recent super-juicy deal as offered by the Malaysian Gov for importing Hybrids and Electric cars. The RM168K onwards Lexus CT 200h may not be any quicker than the regular Altis, it is, however much more cooler than the Prius.

While hybrids aren't selling like hot-cakes in Malaysia as yet, this is probably due to the not-so-enticing styling or pricing of the currently available Hondas and Toyotas, excelling in just the engine efficiency aspect, and not much else. On a different perspective, the current hybrids are really designed for the tech enthusiast looking to sample what the latest green tech has to offer. For the rest of us, pure fuel savings just doesn't cut it for the average car buyer while guys with the cash can't see the point in going green in something boring.

So, one can expect the new Lexus to trailblaze the Hybrid buying culture real soon, because in the end, if you were to go green, you might as well do it in a Lexus at a price that is unbeatable.

Powered by the identical hybrid unit as seen in the Prius, with the pedal floored, the 4-cylinder 2ZR-FXE 1.8 Litre Atkinson Cycle engine produces a total of 134hp with a power boost from the 80hp electric motor. Basically like a basic go-kart with a shove from a vacuum-cleaner. When the CT200h isn't electrically assisted by the electric motor like going through peak-hour traffic or down a hill, the engine chirps at 98hp.

The CT200h will be officially unveiled next week, we'll see then, if the hype lives up (which it should).

At the moment, the next most probable rival to the CT200h would be the new Honda CR-Z, which should eventually make its way to our shores officially, giving the Lexus a proper run for its money.

So what do you get for a top-of-the-range RM196,500 CT200h apart from a stylish hatchback skin and a Lexus badge?

<table style="height: 1020px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Engine

</td></tr><tr><td width="326">Type</td><td width="673">In-line 4, 16V DOHC, Atkinson Cycle</td></tr><tr><td>Variable Valve Timing</td><td>VVT-i</td></tr><tr><td>Displacement</td><td>1,798 cc</td></tr><tr><td>Max. Output</td><td>73 kW (98 bhp) / 5,200 rpm</td></tr><tr><td>Max. Torque</td><td>142 Nm / 2,800 - 4,400 rpm</td></tr><tr><td>Transmission</td><td>Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Motor

</td></tr><tr><td>Max Output</td><td>60 kW / 207 Nm</td></tr><tr><td>Combined System Output</td><td>100 kW ( 134 bhp)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Battery

</td></tr><tr><td>Type</td><td>Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH)</td></tr><tr><td>Voltage</td><td>201.6 V</td></tr><tr><td>Cells</td><td>168</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Performance

</td></tr><tr><td>Maximum Speed</td><td>180 km/h</td></tr><tr><td>Acceleration (0-100 km/h)</td><td>10.3 secs</td></tr><tr><td>Fuel Consumption</td><td>24.4 km/L</td></tr><tr><td>Minimum Turning Radius</td><td>5.2 m</td></tr><tr><td>Drive modes</td><td>ECO,EV, Normal and SPORT</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Exterior

</td></tr><tr><td>Headlamps</td><td>L.E.D, Auto Leveling</td></tr><tr><td>Side Mirror</td><td>Auto Retractable (Electro Chromic)</td></tr><tr><td>Rain sensing wipers</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Performance Dampers</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Smart Entry</td><td>With (Front doors & Tailgate)</td></tr><tr><td>Tires & Wheels</td><td>205 / 55 R16 , Alloy Wheels</td></tr><tr><td>Windshield and Windows</td><td>Green Tinted, UV-cut</td></tr><tr><td>Rear Spoiler</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Interior

</td></tr><tr><td>Front seat</td><td>Driver : Power 8-way (w/ Memory)
Passenger : Manual 4-way</td></tr><tr><td>Electro Multi Vision (EMV) Screen</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Remote Touch Controller</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Lexus Navigation System</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Bluetooth Hands-free</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Seat Material</td><td>Perforated Leather</td></tr><tr><td>Seat Heater</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Drive Mode Select Switch</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Tachometer</td><td>With (With Sport Mode)</td></tr><tr><td>Air Conditioning</td><td>Dual-Zone, Automatic with Pollen Filter</td></tr><tr><td>Cruise Control</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Inside Rear View Mirror</td><td>Auto dimming (Electro Chromic)</td></tr><tr><td>Illuminated Entry System</td><td>With (Puddle Lamp, Foot, Room)</td></tr><tr><td>Audio System</td><td>Lexus 10-speaker Premium Audio,AM/FM Tuner, 6 CD-Changer,MP3, WMA, 8" Subwoofer, Amplifier</td></tr><tr><td>External Audio Terminals</td><td>AUX & USB</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Safety

</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">ACTIVE</td></tr><tr><td>Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Brake Assist (BA)</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC)</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Traction Control (TRC)</td><td>With (With Sport Mode)</td></tr><tr><td>Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Rear Reverse Camera</td><td>With</td></tr><tr><td>Parking Clearance Sonar Guide</td><td>With (Front and Rear)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">PASSIVE</td></tr><tr><td>Total SRS Airbags</td><td>8</td></tr><tr><td>Front Knee Airbags</td><td>Driver & Front Passenger</td></tr><tr><td>ISOFIX Child Seat Tether</td><td>With (Rear seats)</td></tr><tr><td>3-point seatbelts with Pretensioner and Force Limiters</td><td>With (Front seats only)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
Security

</td></tr><tr><td>Alarm System</td><td>Immobilizer, Security Horn & Intrusion Sensor</td></tr></tbody></table>

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
I still feel like the price is high. For hybrid ... the tax has reduce in our country, so the price should be lower as well. Even with the Lexus tag, I think is still consider high.

fast

Known Member
May 19, 2005
PJ
CRZ coming to our shores.... quite true... my buddy told me june or july... tru or not not sure?????

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i kinda also mooted the idea to the new HM CEO (Yoichiro Ueno) at honda launch at G tower month or two ago, on how it would be nice to see the sporty CRZ on our shores after successfully bringing in the CTR. he smiled & said he will then bring this to the managers (local) & find if its feasible. i iterated that since we have the insight officially, it would be good to see a sportier version & we possiblity have a small market since CTR have taken quite well. We parted & i think he gave a nod that it will most definite it'll be looked into!!

brace yourself!! :driver:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
I still feel like the price is high. For hybrid ... the tax has reduce in our country, so the price should be lower as well. Even with the Lexus tag, I think is still consider high.
Lexus is luxury tag in automobile,unless u buy toyota harrier then stick the lexus tag on front and rear boot door.good,cheap way to convert to Lexus tag.
nice to drive Lexus car but hard to pay monthly installment..pokai rm168k

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
I think 168k for a Lexus is a nice price to start with... Usually there are more than 250kish...

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Whatever it is... Only the rich can afford to be environmental friendly...

Just by having a few hybrids running around is not gonna make a significant difference as the effect is too negligible. Unless the masses can afford the technology, then we might be on to something.

No offense.. Just my 2 cents...

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Considering the Prius is RM140k, the CH200 is a good price I think. Its definitely the best looking family hybrid anyway in my opinion.

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
Whatever it is... Only the rich can afford to be environmental friendly...

Just by having a few hybrids running around is not gonna make a significant difference as the effect is too negligible. Unless the masses can afford the technology, then we might be on to something.

No offense.. Just my 2 cents...
Ya ... if really one environmental friendly, cut down the 2 stroke motorbike first.

mechfreak

Oct 2, 2005
mine eta End of May Luxury spec white and beige interior... modelista kit Eta next week... damn....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys and dealers , i wanna ask ... where can i get special VIP accessories for my TOYOTA SEG AE 111?

i wanna buy alot of thingies of VIP and LIMITED EDITION~ Please help a newbie here~ :confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience