Lexus IS200 chassis

shauqi_wax123

Apr 2, 2010
ALor setar
Hi to all Gurus here,

I have a problem with my car. Everytime i drive the car, i will hear small 'click click' sound at the rear part of my roof. Then when i drive my car on roads where the degree is different for eg; climbing up multi-storey carpark or so, i will hear some 'kluk klak' sound coming from my roof..Does anyone ever experienced this problem before?..i think my chassis need to be strengthen or anything.. Please advise..tq in advance.

Last edited:

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
yes i have this problem before, it only happens sometime and not always to a certain degree, it is due to the car chassis twist n flex, however i got mine done up with "autofoam", and there is no more sound coming from the chassis / roof. Autofoam, it's a foam pump in to ur car's chassis to fill up the hollow frames, pillars & sills. There is a couple of package available based on your budget, but my recommendation is to get the ultimate package which cost me around 2k+...last year. I get mine done at klauto...please see the link below for location and details on autofoam...

www.autofoam.com.my

shauqi_wax123

Apr 2, 2010
ALor setar
TQ cash1212 for the reply..I've heard bout this product too..Even, i asked for quotation for my car anf they quoted at rm2480 for the ultimate package..So, by doing this, my clunking sound from the roof/chassis will dissappear?...hmmm..think i need to put up this item to my to-do list..now i got bushings and shocks to be replaced, plus the autofoam..sigh :( .... but, if this product can make all my headache go away, then i'll go for it i guess...

Another thing, what about UltraRacing bars?...do they help to demolish the chassis flex n twist too?..

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
welcome. I did mine for 2.1k actually after bargain la...wa u have quite a lot on ur to do list as well huh...slowly la bro..1 thing at a time...if not can die...i just change my coilovers and bushings as well. I change both front and rear about 2 months back...feels like new car after change...:)

When you say ultraracing bars do you mean Anti roll bars?? my guess is ARB's that ur talking about, i would not say that it totally eliminates or demolish the chassis flex n twist, after installing mine, i only notice that it increases the suspension's roll stiffness, its resistance to roll in turns...feels a lot stiffer...when i go over a bump too..

Last edited:

shauqi_wax123

Apr 2, 2010
ALor setar
hahaha...i envy u..u got AutoFoam, n some more new bushings n coilovers..Your car will definitely feel like new..

What i meant by UltraRacing bars was the front strut bar, rear strut bar n several more bars designed by UltraRacing to improve our car handling n response. see here --> http://www.ultraracing.com.my/

These are most likely similar to other 'chassis tuning' bars sold by other manufacturers i guess. But, just wondering which one is better, or applying both the AutoFoam n UltraRacing bars is better..hahaha..i sound like a very 'tamak' person..

Anyway bro, how much do you spent on your new coilovers n bushings?..n what are those?...do u mind sharing as i want to replace them too...tq

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
no need to envy me la bro...i also slowly slowly done up 1 by 1...by the way i am only using very humble tein superstreet coilovers and TRD & PRO RS bushings for the front and full TRD bushings for the rear...for the coilovers and bushings, i spent a total of 6.8k all together...but worth every penny....

i have no idea on ultraracing as i have not used them before so can't comment much...sorry...

shauqi_wax123

Apr 2, 2010
ALor setar
Tq so much for the infos...If u dont mind, how much u spent for the bushings and where did u changed n purchased them?..
As for the Tein SS, i dont think my pocket is ready for that just yet..might just purchase an OEM ones only for the time being..hehehe..

cash1212

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
TRD bushings i get it from Wing Hin and Pro RS bushings i get it from Hokomoto racing....for the full set TRD rear bushings i paid 2.4k and for the front TRD bushings slightly lower a bit + Pro RS bushings, just for 1 part lower arm bush i paid RM 600.

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've never been a believer of camshafts not because I think they're funny, only because I own an auto car. To make it worse - I'm driving a 3-speed auto. So anything that affects my low end is generally a bad thing for me since my gear ratios are ridiculously tall.

What does that mean? It means camshafts are for people who want to improve their mid to highend power. Or so I thought...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience