Honda City Type-Z Owners Thread (Project-Z)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
mivec,

Type Z is good car.. but as yeongk said, cornering not so good. so if u play kona a lot, then strut bars are a must (Zenden selling) and also front and rear ARB (which now cant find).

pickup-wise, is great for a 1.5. the max BHP of non type-z can match to Waja BHP which is a 1.6. plus the type-z is light car...

but if u are a hard modder but dont want to spend so much, '99 Civic shud be considered too. type-z is good, but mod parts hard to find. MT gb can use same as EG, but need to change mounting at the GB. Civic '99 performance upgrades are a lot...

TypeZ interior is a bit plain looking compare to civic.

But for me, i still buy a typeZ just because of its awesome outlooks... (personal taste la).. fierce and sexy at the same time..kekeke.. i plan to keep this car for looongggg time.. hehe. maybe one day BOT it..hehe..

Hi mivec4g63T,

tjuantze selling his Type Z V-tec version years 2001 ... click below link to view his rides. Location penang

Gold TypeZ VTEC

Pros
- Fuel economy and low maintenance car ...

Cons
- not that stable when you take corners. need to improve it by changing the spring.

Overview good ride's.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/../members/mivec4g63t.html

Wow.. wat a great ride here, how much he is willing to let it go? market price is around 38-39k rite? :_:

mivec,

Type Z is good car.. but as yeongk said, cornering not so good. so if u play kona a lot, then strut bars are a must (Zenden selling) and also front and rear ARB (which now cant find).

pickup-wise, is great for a 1.5. the max BHP of non type-z can match to Waja BHP which is a 1.6. plus the type-z is light car...

but if u are a hard modder but dont want to spend so much, '99 Civic shud be considered too. type-z is good, but mod parts hard to find. MT gb can use same as EG, but need to change mounting at the GB. Civic '99 performance upgrades are a lot...

TypeZ interior is a bit plain looking compare to civic.

But for me, i still buy a typeZ just because of its awesome outlooks... (personal taste la).. fierce and sexy at the same time..kekeke.. i plan to keep this car for looongggg time.. hehe. maybe one day BOT it..hehe..

Yeah Type-Z is my rite choose, not too old like civic/seg with the price, built quality oso much better than proton cars like Gen2 or Waja in this price range although Gen2/Waja got a more precise handling and more spacious but i still prefer japanese car for sure. I'm not going to hard mod the car it's no worth better save money n go for more high-end 1, js nit it for my daily drive to work and travel with minimal fuel consumption and maintenance.

since it will be my 1st ride and I'm a fresh graduate so that i have no so much budget with below 40k then i think can get a city type-z. It's also a fc wise car, but wat i heard tat type-z is a rare species in msia market and hard to get a good condition 1 izzit a truth?

anyone can help?

mivec4g63T,

Price wise You should check with him ... ?

Not all race kaki one lah ... like me , Ose, tjuantze car still stock standard mah .... not buy our monster AHFat car lah ... he mods gila gila .... kekekke

Hi mivec4g63t,

The nick tells me that you are a Mitsu guy. Hahah..! But anyway, there are a few options I am considering now. Market value only RM38-39k? Argh...sad thing.

By the way, this is not a Penang registered car. Just in case you are one of those hardcore Penangnite.

Last edited:
Hey rayzy,
Were you saying that your full tank of fuel can go around 500km? Full tank how may liters? What petrol?

How bout the rest? What's your fc like?
I've never really paid attention to it. Need to find out how many liters I put in later.

Yeong.. my car stock only le.. sumore 1.3 cabbie.. hahaha!

my car fully stock include engine.. body.. interior.. LOL!

where Ray go? quick organize TT.. DOn edi gatal wants to boost his monster.. hahaha!

Juan who's fuel can last till 500km?!?!?! damm!! mine only can last less then 250km! reach Sungai Perak from Subang edi empty.. sumore maintan 110km/h... if i go 180km/h sure less then 200km!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

ahfat, u chg b16 piston and valve or something right.. mean ur combustion chamber bigger edi... sure makan minyak maa... power does not come from thin air wan.. but 1.3 cabbie normally like that la..kekeke...

fc... so far i fill in RM50 can go 270km MAX. (rough estimate.. when needle reach orange line, then refill, then untill reach the line again). before i chg extractor, it was about 300km+ for RM50. i never try full tank before.

mivec, maybe u want to buy from tjuan.. his car is tip top.. just see the sparkling engine bay then u know.

Hi mivec4g63t,

The nick tells me that you are a Mitsu guy. Hahah..! But anyway, there are a few options I am considering now. Market value only RM38-39k? Argh...sad thing.

By the way, this is not a Penang registered car. Just in case you are one of those hardcore Penangnite.

I'm not penangnite too.. I'm js a fresh graduate who wan get a job in penang soon. so looking for a car now.. not penang plate is more nice for me hehehe.. and ur car changed to manual rite? cool I like manual :X-:

tell me when u wan to sell it. really a serious buyer here.

anyway mitsu evo is my dream car of course. js wish to find a 2nd hand car from car enthusiast here. better than i find a lady car which lack of maintenance.

Last edited:
Yeong.. my car stock only le.. sumore 1.3 cabbie.. hahaha!

my car fully stock include engine.. body.. interior.. LOL!

where Ray go? quick organize TT.. DOn edi gatal wants to boost his monster.. hahaha!

your car not a "CUT n PASTE" 1?:shades_smile:

y not cut the ek front to ur city? shud be the only monster in msia even the world if u did so :proud:

Tjuan...
i use petronas...hopefully can get one of the car in carcraze contest...hehehe
i rarely fill up full tank but last time if i remember it correctly RM70 kot.from equine park (my rental home) to my hometown about 515km and still got some more.usually i fill RM30 only to save on car weight and also RM30 is minimum purchase for carcraze...if i use RM60 per week so i fill up twice and got two chances compare just fill up RM60.

Fatality...
u la organize TT...i bit busy leer lately.wedding just around the corner and still got matter to settle.if u do came to equine just gimme a ring...in case u go to hattech new shop laa...he got cheapest conversion for b16b halfcut...hehehehe..racun racun

Hmm...ok. I have not check how many liters. I put Petronas too.
Need to take note of how many km/liters. Better measurement.

And 4g83t, me car no MT GB. But if I decide to keep the car. That should be the next thing.

Hmm...ok. I have not check how many liters. I put Petronas too.
Need to take note of how many km/liters. Better measurement.

And 4g83t, me car no MT GB. But if I decide to keep the car. That should be the next thing.

Js called a 2nd dealer, he said tis kind of car is hard to find, mayb weekend go shop hunt of this model.

btw, tjuantze, which car dealer u get ur city type-z from last year? still got stock? can trust? introduce to me la if u no decide to sell urs to me :X-:

I got mine from Sunway. :)
I am sure you can get a lot of Stock TypeZ around. Happy hunting.

I got mine from Sunway. :)
I am sure you can get a lot of Stock TypeZ around. Happy hunting.

are u sure there got a lot of stock type-z?
how about civic ek? comparing to type-z which more worth in term of the age.
my fren wanna find a civic ek oso but i think tat is too old for me. I js wan to find a daily use car, no mod no run js a basic transport with low fc n maintenance.

guys, how about ur type-z maintenance? spare parts easy to get or not? i heard the my fren said hard to get the spare parts around since no half cut from japan available. need to use back original honda damn expensive. if I compare v gen2 which will be better in maintenance?:shocked:

type z most engine spare parts (inside engine bay) is same as EG civic.
fuel filter, oil filter.
air filter same as Nissan Sunny.
Aircon filter, cooling coil all easy to find too.
what else parts u want to know?
engine mounting oso can find... a bit expensive.. but still ok..
juz try not to send to Honda Svc center.. they will normally markup the price..

type z most engine spare parts (inside engine bay) is same as EG civic.
fuel filter, oil filter.
air filter same as Nissan Sunny.
Aircon filter, cooling coil all easy to find too.
what else parts u want to know?
engine mounting oso can find... a bit expensive.. but still ok..
juz try not to send to Honda Svc center.. they will normally markup the price..

izzit the auto gearbox of the car durable? problematic or not?:X-:

very hard to get a good cond type-z nowadays :confused_smile:

ah fat...
ur car FC very high le..
mine wif RM65(esso or mobil) full tank can reach about 370-400km... haha

mivec,

AT GB is hard to maintain since there are many parts in it.
finding a good one also difficult. during buy the car, maybe you can
check the AT GB condition operation... u can google it to find how
to check Auto transmission. i can remember 1: from N to D, should
feel any jerk at stationary. i didn't check for my car last time....
and my AT GB is no good.. :(

ahchuan, thats y his car is monster... he oso said he tarpau
dodolboy edi (Type-S with B16 like rayz fren)... thats y too high FC ma...
power doesnt come from thin air...

maybe u guys shud have a Drag battle.heheh..

Ahchuan vs Ahfat.

hehehehe...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom