Jaguar hints at future styling with C-X75 range-extended electric supercar

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The cat’s almost out of the bag as this sexy new Jaguar concept will be unveiled live at the Paris Motor Show tomorrow. Jaguar aimed to create a concept that was equally beautiful as it was innovative and technologically advanced.

The final result is the C-X75 electric supercar that features range extender turbines. Weighing in at 1.34 tons, the century sprint is dealt with in 3.4-seconds courtesy of the two 96hp micro gas turbines that pump juice into a plug-in li-ion battery pack which in turn sends power to four 195hp electric motors, one located at each wheel, for a total output of 780hp and 1,608Nm of torque.

The concept can theoretically be powered by the battery pack alone for 110km before the twin turbines boot up and extend the range to 901km. If you’re having trouble grasping the concept, just think of it as a Chevy Volt but with turbines instead of a gas engine to extend the range, and it’s a lot quicker too.

Aluminium is used to construct the body while sawn-doors lead into a leather-clad cabin. Once you’re comfy in the seats, the steering wheel, instrument panel and pedals move to suit your position as the seats are fixed. For the full info on the car’s running condition, three high-res TFT screens present the info to the driver.

If you’re expecting this to somehow make it to production, we’re going to have to grab your balls here and bring you back to reality. The concept is purely to exhibit the maximum potential of Jaguar if all restraints were removed. Nonetheless, that doesn’t mean that styling cues and even tech from the concept won’t make it to future production models.

Source: Autoblog

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
Jaguar cars have been boring of late. But this one is really sexy, I like it :D

mahfudz_mn

Known Member
Nov 22, 2004
Bukit Jalil
Visit site
why i would love to own an electric car?

the torque brothers, the TORQUEEEE!!!!!

nice concept on generating electricity for the car...definitely something old applied in an unthinkable way

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
its just basically an electric car running independant electric motors for each wheel with 2 mini turbine running dynamos to recharge the batteries...actually the tech is not new...been done b4 n if not mistaken is already in use esp in short range mass transit vehicles esp airport transit busses.

1 project i remember in the past was a ford...cant remember wat model but it was an mpv.it was converted to become an EV n had some mini turbine installed to recharge the battery whenever the charge gets low...same concept but this jag takes it the the extreme la...super car specs at compact diesel FC....if we ever jump over to EV....i think mini turbines would make the perfect range extender since turbines have super low maintanance n can burn practically any type of oils...xtremeleo...pls correct me if i'm wrong bout these turbines hehehe cos i think u the sifu on this :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
me? sifu? u got it all wrong sir..

a jet turbine, be it mini or not, can operate on most fuel. u can make dis mini turbine from turbo jer, since the turbo was based on the first centrifugal jet turbine. lebih kurang same ler, interesting project jugek tu, hmm..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
anybody who has more knowledge n willing to teach is considered a sifu mah :biggrin:

thanks for the confirmation on the turbine's info :biggrin: