Honda City Type-Z VTec

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Anyone own this car? any problem with it? I wonder what kind of engine in powerplant, is it D15B, i don't think there is CVT for auto transmission? kind of curious because this car is quite limited and rare, and second hand selling price is still so high.

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Honda owner out there don't have any comment??

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
D15B used in EK3 also mar

tjuantze

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Hey Jaywat,

Its running a D15B for sure. There are two variants -- Hyper Valve and VTEC.
I don't know what the Hyper Vaulve does. Mine's a VTEC.
CVT? Most definitely not, as I ain't feel satisfied with the auto gearbox.
Performance parts? Rarest of all.. even the suspensions are different from EF,EG,EK.
I am still looking for its manual gearbox for a conversion till today. They have the manual version in Thailand, Philippines, India and even Singapore! Why not malaysia??? Talk about the fun highland roads we have here in Malaysia compared to those that are under the watchful eyes of the un-bribeable police.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
tjuan... hahah.. u dig up a old thread le...

05-30-2005, 07:52 AM last post. hahahah...

Hyper Valve is 16 valve. duno whats hyper about it le.. hahaha...
most car is 16 valve edi nowadays.

ya.. type z a rare breed.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
rayz really? which valve is big? intake valve? or exhaust valve?
how u know? got any url?

thanks.

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
hehehe...
sori la don.long time ago i red sumwhere on the net.if i remember properly its honda owners club la...forgot which thread also.but then they discussing sumthing on intake valve, want to bore it to make it bigger so can be fittted wih bigger piston and referring to hyper valve tech...got enermous size...as big as a man arm.what benefit we gain from it?i just dunno.beside i have some uncertainty on our engine code now.is it really d15b?cos there is many variation of d15..how to check ar?

don..better we discuss this in our thread(hehehe).sort of diversion here.don't u think?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
ya ya... curi other ppl thread liao.

ok c u in our threadd..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So we have established that the new Toyota 86 inherits the vital DNAs from the old AE86, maintaining the important bits of a fun-to-drive, rear-wheel drive sports coupe. If anything, It had impressed us at ZTH as well as the respected pro drifter, Tengku Djan. These are contributing assurances that the 86 is here to stay and is on it's way to becoming the next big thing in the motorsports scene real...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience