Honda City IDSI Gear problem

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
rm27k?
can buy 1 used wira with evo engine inside lerr.........
wo............................

alvinc1

From Facebook
Mar 27, 2010
Dear all,

Im driving a Honda City IDSI 2003 model, and my gear will start jerking when i acelerate when my millage reach ard 30K, thn i changed my CVVT gear oil , after another 20k millage it jerking again wehn i accelerate , thn i chnage the gear oild again, thn now after 5k i changed the auto oil, it started a small jerking again.

Guys , may i know how to solve this problem? I don't think keep changing the CVVT oil oftenly (in less thn 20k millege) is a good solution.

Please advise....

Many thanks!
My city Idsi has this jerking as well, check the cvt its ok, finally found out is the valve manifold for diverting fuel and air intake, check that one... I have change mine, looks ok now...... cheaper than change GB........ all the best

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Mine has the jerking as well, check cvt oil is ok, finally is the valve manifold for fuel and air intake is giving the problems...... check it out........

jengshiun

Jun 19, 2009
hey bro, bring back to honda SC and check see what they say. If is really gearbox problem, then u can request them to find half-cut gearbox for u. It cost about Rm4-5k include labour and installation. If not, u can go find your own gearbox, then bring over for them to do it.

ap3xi

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
yes, who ever driving a city/jazz and considering 20K++ change gearbox, please give dcloo a call for k20 conversion package! hehe

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I bought a 2nd hand iDSI year 2003 model in 2005. For years I had the same issue with my iDSI:

1) The car vibrates at lower speed
2) The gear judder, upon acceleration. Even change the CVT fluid, after a while, it judders again.
3) Loud sound (like a metal friction) upon engaging my CVT to D and become worst when switch ON A/C

Been sending to Kosmo Kar SC in Glenmarie, they've tried to solve my CVT issue with no luck. Keep replacing the oil, have been thinking of getting a new CVT (2nd hand). Problem remained the same

Until one day, when the SC finally saw it and solve my prob.

1) Car vibrate at low speed = replace EGR valve (cost me almost 1K)
2) CVT judder = replace start-up clutch (cost me almost 5K including installation)
3) Loud sound (like a metal friction) upon engaging my CVT to D and become worst when switch ON A/C = replace flywheel due to loose spring.

Until then, my car was a good as new. Problem on the CVT and the EGR valve was confirmed, when I read upon a blog that someone had the same issue before (can't remember where I found the thread)

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i just changed to a recond g/b for my mom's jazz...it was a first batch jazz idsi...shud be using same g/b....

same problem...when accelerating from 0kmh it'll vibrate/shudder...and worst is if let say going uphill it felt like worn out clutch...

sorry but i've forgotten wat was the actual reason...changed cvt oil 3 times before decided enuff is enuff...

costed rm4.2k in total...did the repairs at honda SC usj...3 working days in total from ordering to driving out...only have 2 weeks warranty....damn fcuking scared now...

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I bought a 2nd hand iDSI year 2003 model in 2005. For years I had the same issue with my iDSI:

1) The car vibrates at lower speed
2) The gear judder, upon acceleration. Even change the CVT fluid, after a while, it judders again.
3) Loud sound (like a metal friction) upon engaging my CVT to D and become worst when switch ON A/C

Been sending to Kosmo Kar SC in Glenmarie, they've tried to solve my CVT issue with no luck. Keep replacing the oil, have been thinking of getting a new CVT (2nd hand). Problem remained the same

Until one day, when the SC finally saw it and solve my prob.

1) Car vibrate at low speed = replace EGR valve (cost me almost 1K)
2) CVT judder = replace start-up clutch (cost me almost 5K including installation)
3) Loud sound (like a metal friction) upon engaging my CVT to D and become worst when switch ON A/C = replace flywheel due to loose spring.

Until then, my car was a good as new. Problem on the CVT and the EGR valve was confirmed, when I read upon a blog that someone had the same issue before (can't remember where I found the thread)
Maybe I said it wrongly, but after I did all the replacements, I finally have no more issues with my CVT, no more judderring stuff. Even when I delayed the CVTF replacement, the CVT no longer judders.

wayne.adu.Ming

From Facebook
Feb 26, 2011
www.facebook.com
I also hav exact problem with Bro Uptown. I bought my Honda City 03 on 2007, until now stil haven't solve the problem.
Fortunately i din replace the gear box, i oledi change Fly Wheel when serive at Honda SC glenmarie.
So now just need to change EGR valve. While for the judder problem is not serious, start up clutch later only change. Too expensive.

Aug 8, 2011
PENANG
Hi guys.
My car is a 2004 IDSI model but so far therez no gear box problem....Its a superb car...the best advice is 2 change your gear box oil 3000 km before the service milage. by doin that,u will never encounter any gearing problem..

wira4g92

Feb 24, 2010
penang
hi ,anyone have the problem of gear not engage for split second during normal driving for honda city idsi,i just service the car &change the gear oil (cvt gear oil)? & How can we know that the gearbox oil is original(CVT),i heard that there are gear oil lableas honda cvvtf oil but the oil is not original?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm a 18 years old student, driving wira aeroback 1.3 ori engine (i think its ori, somtimes) with 1.5 interior 1.6 body (wtf?, its is true, no lies and i hate that alot) original grey.... I'm getting my car into whole metalic / pearl white with blue base, but i want to do some air brush on my bornet with mashimaro picture :biggrin: and some tribal on the side...any senior out there have good advise for me? :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience