Honda City CVT gearbox

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
there's a member from mycityclub that slap in 18" BSA rims with 225/18 tires on his VTEC City.. (i think 35series tires..) but I think he bey tahan with the heavy rims cuz he gonna switch to 17inches already :p however you can bet on it that taking corners is sweet!

even HCOC ERT I-DSI City (honda6831)'s ride was previously on 18inches for 1 week before he change back to 17inches.. honda6831 said tekan tekan oso the car dun wanna move :p haha!

fitting in larger rims can be done but i think it's a matter of how it complements the overall look.. (stock? bodykit? tinted?) it'll be better if you can get rims that are ngam ngam for the Jazz..

i've personally seen a Jazz with 17inches enkei rims with 40series tires.. probably lowered as well (lowering springs will void off the suspension) but it looks so freaking sweet u'll drool till u wet ur pants as well :p

Last edited:

irontech

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Cheras (M'sia)
18" BSA rim? Isn't it very heavy?

Any good superb light weight + tough 15" 16" rim around market? I use taiwan made superb light weight 15" b4 but all 4 rims bengkok.

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
irontech said:
18" BSA rim? Isn't it very heavy?

Any good superb light weight + tough 15" 16" rim around market? I use taiwan made superb light weight 15" b4 but all 4 rims bengkok.
ADVAN RG, SPOON or SSR. Superbly light. Less than 4kg per rim. But for toughness, well.... with the amount of pot holes in here, no rims can survive. Lorry rims can.

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com
yo, my bro's EK3 D15B 1gen CVT gearbox just annouced kong.

but it still able to drive... but the mech says get a new one.
just that when push to reverse or D... the car just doesn't move
at all. unless u press the accelerator(once press a bit it zoom out a bit
scary.....

Unlike normal Auto gearbox. once in the D/reverse the car will move
without pressing accelerator.the there is weird sound when reversing.
the car is god damn no power when pick up.

suspected at the last owner didn't maintain at all. and should be hardcore
user. 1st onwer is a lady, just opposite the mech shop. and according to
the mech the car is in perfect condition when sold to 2nd owner...
now the 3rd owner suffer.... :X

AutoBlackie

Known Member
Jul 16, 2004
Looks like there are still no forummer with their CVT gearbox from a CITY is kong yet ?

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
I-DSi 2003 July, no problem with the CVT gearbox. But the engine power sux.
Sigh....~~ How good if it is K20A wth 6 speed manual... hehehe

AutoBlackie

Known Member
Jul 16, 2004
Jackie: don misunderstand me la. Many accuse CVT lousy. But it seems to be quite reliable after all......

Maxcruiver: Is the iDsi power so baad?? Heard from a fren that it is so. Have you compared it to the vTec before?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone here bought those hammers for breaking glass in times of emergencies? These hammers come in many shapes and sizes: some look like a regular hammer but with pointed metal tip and others look like a pocket knife (where you push a button and one sharp object pushes out).

These hammers/tools also have blades to cut seat belt in case we are stuck and need to get out.

But my burning question is: can this hammer be used on windows with security tint? I emailed one popular company...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience