Honda City CVT gearbox

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Jackie Leong said:
probably warranty void on suspension cuz changing rims gives different stress/strain to the suspension mer.. but then again, the SC may not be so strict with such changes as most will just change rims anyway.. :)
For instance, Honda only recommends 15" rims for the Honda Jazz. And they guarantee the parts will last for 3 years or 100,000kms.

Problem is that with 17" rims, wear and tear rate on parts like drive shaft, suspension and arms will increase. So I'm afriad that Honda will void the warranty and in the event that the CVT gearbox fails, they will go "Your rims too big, of course it will damage the gearbox".

Can anyone verify this?

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
if you've friends or members in a club around with stock rims, switch with them for a day or two and go claim your warranty :p

honda6831 has 17inches on his ride and i'm not sure what part was torn but i think it might be the bushes but his SC replaced those parts anyway. He said, go kawan-kawan with the SC people :D

increasing rims will damage the gearbox..?

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
185/60/14

quite common 14" size for passenger cars wat..... falken should have tyres for that

goodyear? michelin? or u wanna try kumho(Korean)

just survey more

irontech

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Cheras (M'sia)
TODA said:
185/60/14

quite common 14" size for passenger cars wat..... falken should have tyres for that

goodyear? michelin? or u wanna try kumho(Korean)

just survey more

Yea, too common. Can't get good tyres in my list like Dunlop SP 9000. I used Potenza (not G3) and SP 9k b4 for my previous car with 15" rim, still prefer SP 9K.

Not plan change to 15" for my iDSI as petrol price keep going up.

Last edited:

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
if not mistaken, with 17inches your fuel consumption drops to about 4xxKM per full tank.. which is like a VTEC on 15inches =.=

16inches on I-DSI is common. We have quite a number of I-DSIs in Team City with 16inches, and some on 17inches.

irontech

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
Cheras (M'sia)
Jackie,

How about urs? 16"? Wonder how is the feeling using 16" or even 17" at 1500 displacement vehicle.

I have a fren who drive Gen2, swap to 17". He said really sluggish.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
i have test driven a fellow member's ride with 17inches k-speed rim.. not much difference from my stock 15inches at all except from the heavier steering wheel (unsure if it's due to tire series or rim weight).. well, maybe there is some difference but i couldn't really feel it during the test drive.. maybe cuz i didn't floor the pedal but on average driving around sunway.. it's just as good as stock..

mine is still stock but looking forward to upgrade soon :)

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Jackie Leong said:
if you've friends or members in a club around with stock rims, switch with them for a day or two and go claim your warranty :p

honda6831 has 17inches on his ride and i'm not sure what part was torn but i think it might be the bushes but his SC replaced those parts anyway. He said, go kawan-kawan with the SC people :D

increasing rims will damage the gearbox..?
Yeah I might have to result to keeping my 15" rims and swap it in everytime I go servicing. But I think better to kaw-tim with the service centre.

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Not to say that its a theory. But just saying that in the event that the CVT fails on me and need to change, Honda can claim that my 17" rims is putting too much stress on my transmission or some other excuse that relates to that, then I'm screwed. Even if I argue about it, they can still say that putting in 17" rims voids the warranty altogether.

I am unsure of this, which is why im asking, on what basis will Honda void the warranty.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
yeah.. just friend friend with the service centre to claim warranty parts :D it ain't that hard for them to just switch rims with another car and just do the standard procedure of taking pictures and filing for a claim..

just don't play-play with the engine bay during warranty period and that should be pretty fine.. especially when the CVT issue isn't all that clear yet ;)

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Riezal-R said:
Not to say that its a theory. But just saying that in the event that the CVT fails on me and need to change, Honda can claim that my 17" rims is putting too much stress on my transmission or some other excuse that relates to that, then I'm screwed. Even if I argue about it, they can still say that putting in 17" rims voids the warranty altogether.

I am unsure of this, which is why im asking, on what basis will Honda void the warranty.
i've referred to the warranty booklet.. can't even understand much of the terms, because one part says its okay.. the other part says it'll void the complete warranty.. got so confused i'll just go ahead with what i think should be fine.

sometimes i guess it's just a matter of whether your SC wants to play you around (you can always go to another SC and try your luck again..) as the SC are the ones that'll report the matter to HM.

but if they don't allow warranty claim, then go get halfcut for manual transmission :p

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Jackie Leong said:
yeah.. just friend friend with the service centre to claim warranty parts :D it ain't that hard for them to just switch rims with another car and just do the standard procedure of taking pictures and filing for a claim..

just don't play-play with the engine bay during warranty period and that should be pretty fine.. especially when the CVT issue isn't all that clear yet ;)
Yeah hopefully that will work. I don't plan to touch anything else but just want to shove in a set of 17" rims. If can 18", but i duno if they will fit nicely on a Jazz.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have the folowing problem. I have bouth the alarm a cupple jears ago.(4jears) at a dealer in holland. it was installed in a old corsa.(wife's car) when the car went to the junkjard i removed the alarm.
In this time i moved to a diverend house. so the original box and munual where trown away by my wife!:banghead:

I whent back to the dealer for a new manual so i could install it in my own car. unfurtuntly the dealer dousn't exist anymore.:mad:

I tride to find the manufacter of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience