Honda CITY 06 Modifications.

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
jack, ur rite .. mugens website doesnt even include the bodykit of the FL city. but the previous city as u said, modulo n mugen wuz the only bodykits product goin fine on the market but airmaster n carcept wuz their own design rite ? not much ppl knew dat ..
ive enquired bodykits from thailand .. the import duties n all2gether the front,side n rear boykits needs around 4k plus .. moreover those i neva seen b4 ..
$$$ talks .. ahaha ..

cheers bro.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
I happened to hear news that Sunway does have the bodykits for the G4 City. Costs below RM2k inclusive of installation and paintjob. Seems to be cheaper in Klang as well so you might want to enquire around. I know you probably did but oh well, at least it's easier than spending twice as much to bring in a bodykit from elsewhere right? :p Take your time, better than rushing :)

Carcept was very rare for the G3 Model.. but Airmaster was among the common ones besides Mugen as Modulo comes with the Limited Edition G3 City and that it's styling was a tad too tame :)

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
u happen to be klangites .. below 2k for few pieces of bodykits hurts my wallet .. klang wuz alot cheaper but sad to say they still didnt hav the FL city model bodykits.
yeah. sunway wuz the one i went n anyhow made up my mind on doin the mugen bodykits. the next level i think. with installations n bodyspray ..
quite exp i'd say.
mugen spoiler seemed interestin .. any pics of how it looked like ? wuz thinkin to custom made for the spoiler as i saw in the ccrfiber.com

regards.

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
wut car ur drivin now ?
where can i find the mugen spoiler up in the net or any shops ?
i dun think the 1 in ccrfiber.com black city's spoiler wuz the one .. but it looked cool !

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
bro,
the mugen spoiler would be the same one you saw on the current G3 Citys (2003 Model).. I've actually seen it on a stock G4 city though.. was a bit surprised by it :p

Next Level Customs eh.. must be a new shop.. haven't been going to Sunway for quite a while cuz it's quite pricey for pretty much everything there :p Bound to be costlier at this point of time as the G4 is still pretty new.

To be honest, the original mugen bodykit for G3 City doesn't come with the spoiler. But Honda Malaysia's designer came up with the spoiler and was adopted into the Mugen bodykit :)

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
thx jackie n sonic for the replies. appreciated dat loadz. =)

agreed its costly, anyway already booked the mugen bodykit on my g4, arrivin in this tuesday. wuz thinkin to put double exhaust. left-right .. but still, cost alot for the workin one as juz 100 bucks diff to the dummy type. the both side workin ones cost around 500 bucks or probably more. iam shocked to hear em ..

seriously ive neva seen the mugen spoiler b4 but iam into the spoiler of the black city in ccrfiber.com thought of custom make them. as i heard, the original honda's spoiler doesnt gives any problem compared to the custom mades n not original type. those few months later will leak water into the back bonet .. iam concern bout it .. wut u guyz think ? ( n bout the exhaust pipin ? costly ? )

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
I've actually consulted the man behind JFA Exhaust regarding the dual exhaust system before previously and he doesn't really recommend it as we might be losing power if we proceed with it. After all, the L15A VTEC isn't exactly powerful in the first place. But he said we can consider using a single exhaust system but extending an extra pipe to the left side from the muffler which will not interfere with the power system. It's not a dummy, but there would be less flow of exhaust to the left side (assuming, driver side as right)

As for the spoiler, original ones direct from Honda comes with a stiffer torsion spring to counter the extra weight by the spoiler. Those that you install outside does not comes with it. Water leaking into the bonnet would be due to the installation process. Usually the part where the bonnet is drilled and screwed to the spoiler is sealed with silicone to prevent water from leaking into the boot. Original spoiler wouldn't have to worry much about this as there's a "water route" for the leak to travel which will not enter the boot. If you are going to custom your spoiler (depending on the design), try to make use of the original location :)

Cheers! :)

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
thx jack 4 da replies. =)
ive went to 4-5 exhaust shops around my area n the price wuz juz 100 bucks diff.
2 end tips cost me 300 n the main "box" dat does the job around 300++. been told dat the original "box" ( i dunno wuts dat called ) in my car now can be re-use n no prob puttin 2 side flow out (left-right). but the disadvantage (as wut he said) wuz i cant really got the pick-up 'umph' (coz he said its been split up into 2 liao) on my car other than replace it with his "box" which he said will be bigger.
my purpose was juz to be looked nice at its rear. but now it seems dat the pick-up thing concerns me alot. iam in dilemma now ..
any suggestions or idea 4 me ?

bout the spoilers info, jackie u helped me loadz. =)

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
No problems. Just trying to help :)

Here's a lil ascii diagram of the muffler..
......_______
==(______)=== []
in -> muffler -> out

so what i can think of and as recommended by the Jaafar is to do it this way..

....._______
==(______)====[]
.....................||
.....................||
.....................===[]

please ignore those dots.. i put them there cuz the diagram doesn't look correct without them..

thus you will still have the aesthetic effect, yet not affecting your power at all. there would be more exhaust flow at the pipe directly out (the right side) compared to the left side as the exhaust has to travel to the left.. either way, it wouldn't look as fake as a dummy one as carbon travels to it.

also, you might want to check out if your bodykit requires some cutting to fit the dual exhausts (the left side.. as i'm pretty sure the right one is already there)..

Cheers!

Last edited:

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
jaafar from sunway ? someone recommended him to me but its sunway anyway .. wut i mean wuz it cost more than in Klang. thx for da diagram. u did a great job as iam tryin to learn from there. yeah .. bout the fittings of both side exhaust, i dunno which 1 to do 1st .. from da bodykit fella, they said exhaust need to be install 1st but in the other side, they said bodykits 1st.
the probz is if i fit in the exhaust 1st, the placing of both side exhaust will be higher ( coz if bodykits in, will be lower alot ) n the lenght between them will not be the same. get wut i mean ?
so, if my bodykits installed, wut about the 2 side fittings of exhaust ? size of the tips or shape perhaps not confirmed.

the left ones already there but it'll be juz a curve dat fits a round tip exhaust. iam into abit squarish type ..

regards.

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Yeah, JFA Exhaust in Sunway.. I'm just explaining how it works so probably you can get your exhaust shop to do it the same way :)

If the shape of the exhaust you are going to install is different than the bodykit, I think it's best to do the exhaust first and allow the bodykit people to do some modifications to the "holes" for proper fitment (tell them about your intention so that they don't spray it first)..

If your exhaust is gonna be round, I think it's okay to fit the Bodykit.. after all, your tail tip can be adjust to fit in snugly :D

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
thx dude. iam really appreciates all the things uve said. =)
the sad thing is i wuz juz only got informed by my frens sayin my 3 yrs warranty honda will be gone case if i touch anything inside or removin perhaps.
iam not quite sure if it'll affect the warranties anot.

regards.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

Would like to share a practice work with the community on why you should never rush a paint job.

Below is a spoiler that has heavy oxidation on the clearcoat which should not have happen as the car is only 5 years old and well taken care of by the owner. Note that only the spoiler display such symptoms...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience