Honda Accord Variants Owners Club ( HAVOC )

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
RM10=70 kms or 10km/l is consider very good, exactly like what the manufacturer spec claim.

and wat about the gearbox ? my fren said the auto gearbox cepat rosak wan. Auto surely drink more petrol. But lets say i got the tiptronic gbox, if i use the tiptronic, izzit like manual or same like auto ?

munky said:
and wat about the gearbox ? my fren said the auto gearbox cepat rosak wan. Auto surely drink more petrol. But lets say i got the tiptronic gbox, if i use the tiptronic, izzit like manual or same like auto ?

munky,

Tiptronic or +/- gear-box, IMHO actually as same as normal gearbox with N, D4,D3,D2,D1. (especially Honda, other Jap. cars rarely have the D... sequence) Just a matter of presentation in +/-. Nothing special actually.

Auto gearbox durabality?. So far, if people asked me which one Jap. car maker is with most durabality auto gearbox, my answer will go to Daihatsu. Other than that may be Toyota.

Last edited:
since i do not wan a manual car oledi, so i have to go for the tiptronic lor. as for durability, sure it won't outlast the manual gb, but anyway my mech say should be no problem.

hky said:
McBryant,

Hello brother if i just get it by pass then the engine might be over ram, so what i would like to do is to have a more compatible ecu that can jaga my engine mah... ;)

aja said:
Mc,
Speed cut la tu, around 185 kmh. (i wonder why not 180 kmh). Anyway, the instant solution is to buy the Apex'i RSM & install. Me in the process of installing it, cause no diagram. Don't know when can get the wiring diagram..

Sato,
No la. My car slow2 only. :)

hky,
May be u can spent your time to call all the kedai potongs that i've listed in HAVOC Forum.:p

how much dose that will coz??
Is there any second hand 1??
Besides using that particular component is there any other solutions?? Such as installing the Apex'i speedmeter??
Coz imcome through a second hand Apex'i speedmeter for only RM700 :)

u r touching the speed limiter only, not the revv limiter.

McBryant said:
how much dose that will coz??
Is there any second hand 1??
Besides using that particular component is there any other solutions?? Such as installing the Apex'i speedmeter??
Coz imcome through a second hand Apex'i speedmeter for only RM700 :)

Don't know how much 2nd hand one. Last time (2001) i bought it new, around RM800.
Secondhand price of RM700 consider expensive, unless they quoted you the black version (latest one). BTW, mine is blue version.
Other solutions, may be have to cut the speedwire. I donno also. Have to asked your mechanic.

McBryant said:
hky said:
McBryant,

Hello brother if i just get it by pass then the engine might be over ram, so what i would like to do is to have a more compatible ecu that can jaga my engine mah... ;)

Make sure if u want to over-rev (eliminating your rpm cut by the way of rechipped or change ECU), all those internals have to change first. If not, kaboom!!. Pistons on the sky.

Moreover, honda engine block is well known as a 'manja' one cause it not made from casting iron etc. Easy to pecah one. So, the block is lighter, hence contribute to higher power & less traction.

just my opinion!

hi hky..

auto.. H/C from BB1 Prelude.
dunno how many ponnies..never done dyno before

Btw, the 10km/liter only applies if I drive biasa-biasa (usually maintain RPM lower than 3000 or 10% throttle).
If vtec bukak, then FC different story already...heheh..

hky said:
aja,

see you at the next TT session. :)
so it is true that H22A can get 10km/l. so i should be preparing for my H/C conversion. :)
how you got jalan to get that rim r? i also wan to get 16"

farisi,

how many horse does your h22a has? auto or manual? H/C from which model?

farisi,

at least still better with my F22B sohc non vtec which can only get 8.7km/l with rev less then 3000rpm.

My prev engine is F22A.. 2.2 dohc non vtec... FC no good as well.
By the way, tadi berita...minyak naik harga lagi.. +10sen... *sigh*

hky said:
farisi,

at least still better with my F22B sohc non vtec which can only get 8.7km/l with rev less then 3000rpm.

Honda Accord SA6Y

Hi all Hondarians, eespecially accordians,

I own an SA6y currently and the engine is quite old, last time i remember several member of these group have the same car as mine and they probally have upgrade thier cars. since i chnage my job i was unable to get intouch with them since i have no access to internet and my home has no fixed line service so know its available, so i'm back and would to ask a smae question again

i would like to change my engine to 1.6 fuel injection non-vtech(currently 1.8 carb) what model is suitable for my car with a budget around 1500

apprecite anyone could reply or pm me for info
thank you

Last edited:
i had the same car too last time, but i dun think 1500 will be enuf, unless u change to the proton 1.5l as the engine is very very cheap.

i would say the SA6Y is a very drivable car once u go the sport suspension on, but no top speed.

aja said:
McBryant said:
Make sure if u want to over-rev (eliminating your rpm cut by the way of rechipped or change ECU), all those internals have to change first. If not, kaboom!!. Pistons on the sky.

Moreover, honda engine block is well known as a 'manja' one cause it not made from casting iron etc. Easy to pecah one. So, the block is lighter, hence contribute to higher power & less traction.

just my opinion!

What if i just change an honda prelude Ecu into my car?
Actually how dose Apex'i RMS work? :confused:

Hey guys,

Do anybody know what is the best suspension for a Honda Accord SV4?
Previously i used a second hand Koni suspension. It perform pretty gud.
But later when it have oil leakage and there are no servise available then i has change to RG suspension. This suspension relly bad. It is so stiff until it make my car chamber all bengkok bengkok.
So, im planning to change my suspension again, any suggestion??
I foung 1 second hand Tein suspension, cost about rm2400 and a little bit rusty, so irejected it. :D

maybe the other guys can recommend their mech, mine is in ipoh. suspension, dunno lar, its a matter of individual taste, the worse part is that we cannot test b4 buying

wua....RM2400 for a used tein ? depends how long period la.....i've found out tein super street new one is RM3600.....if anyone can find cheaper.....

McBryant said:
aja said:
What if i just change an honda prelude Ecu into my car?
Actually how dose Apex'i RMS work? :confused:

Mc,
U can't use the Prelude ECU, cause wiring for SV4 & BB* Prelude is totally different. Takut later engine can't start. U can ask 'Hehehehh22a', since he already rechipped his H22A's ECU. BTW, he's running H22A on eg body.

How does RSM worked?. Hmmm.. no comments. But it have few functions la. I merely bought it to eliminate 180 kmh speed cut & to record any post 180 kmh reading.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom