Honda Accord SA6 Carburetor Leaking

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hello, I have this 1982 Honda Accord and its carb is leaking. Its almost impossible to get a good, used carb for this car. New ones are too expensive. Nearly Rm2000 just for the carb and i dont think its necessary for me to spend that much. I heard that carbs can be modified to be fitted into another car. So, i was just wondering what car carb can i use for my car now? It would also be very helpful if u could recommend anyone who can do it properly with a decent price in seremban or jb.

Thank you.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
not sure from wat car could be fitted into yours, but your old carb should be able to be recon back rite?
The carb has already been recon twice but the problem still persist. Both the mechanics who recon-ed for me said that the 'tapak sudah tak rata'. and because of that the carb won't sit properly and thus the leakage.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
The carb has already been recon twice but the problem still persist. Both the mechanics who recon-ed for me said that the 'tapak sudah tak rata'. and because of that the carb won't sit properly and thus the leakage.
how bout grinding the tapak, could it solve the problem or a thicker gasket perhaps?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
yes, when u mentioned grinding, it struck to my mind, it has been done twice. If i remember correctly, it cant be ground dy. I'm currently using thicker gasket and the mechanic also did his best to seal wherever possible to slowdown the leakage. So, it's not leaking that badly but i still prefer to stop the leakage completely as petrol isn't cheap la. Pity my dad as its his daily ride!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everybody, im new here and im not sure if im at the right section. i got a question about the 'Sun auto Muffler Earth'. It came together with my 'Sun Auto Hot Earth', and i got no idea how to install it. I tried asking my local car garage and accessories and they have no idea as well. Please help me, a diagram or pictures would be helpful. Im driving perodua kenari fyi.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience