History of TT ???

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
anybody knows who started it ???

TT = Teh Tarik...

when it was first introduce using the word "TT" ?
where ?
let's us trace back the history...heeee...

so later on our grand child ask us...
"grandpa, what's TT, who first introduce it..." aaaaaaaaaa
we will know the answer...:shades_smile:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
why Teh Tarik?
why not Teh O Ais?

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Maybe by coincidence the earlier ZTH tt's were held in TTDi.
Good old days.

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
teh tarik was supposedly the most relaxing drink you can have at night, with the signature bubbles / froth and smooth taste many Malaysians enjoyed this beverage.
eee.. sounds like MAS' Going Places review. hahaha! So, I suppose this was the drink that got ppl in the mood for trading stories cos it puts ppl at ease.
But good question! Why TT become the generic name for gatherings?

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Of course it had something to do with mamak lar. But when you say "Go out for a drink some day shall we?" Indefinitely, the place gotta be mamak.

It's actually a chinese driven phrase where majority of those that join car clubs are chinese, the term YAM CHA, or in Hokkien Lim Teh; meaning "Drink Tea" and where else? Mamak phenomenon is also driven by chinese, hence when we're in clubs, where our fellow malays, indians were also around, it gotta be something we all understand, and whats better than Mamak's Teh Tarik?

Hence, TT

drMpower

May 1, 2006
TT very synonim with TEH TARIK and TT session means one place - mamak stall or any mamak restaurant. why it is always mamak stall? because there is no other proper teh tarik. but strongly recommended that TT session is once is a week, or else you'd be having kencing manis..hhaahhaahahah

but to some other guys (rich ones) a TT may present another meaning - Audi TT. hot and sleek ride. but I am sorry guys, a TT will never be about audi or any vehicle. its about getting along with friends at night, at a very comfortable place, and of course, TEH TARIKing.

Mamak, teh tarik gelas besar satu!

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
in the first place i saw the thread's title.. i thought " whoa.. this must be a article about audi TT ".... mana tau is about teh tarik.. keke...

i think this abbreviated word is created during the time of SMS gua... u know lah.. sms uses a lot of short forms....

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
IMHO, its a short word of teh tarik..and for forumers it means a lepak session with other forumer, trade stories and stuff..and as malaysian, we always associated lepak with teh tarik..hence named TT session..

also another word usually used by malays is 'ngeteh', it means pekena teh, in other word have a tea, or in simpler terms TT..god, this is nonsense..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
i heard that TT was first establish when ZTH was in the early year...back then it was only a few people join in...mostly ZTH forumers...that's what i heard...

anybody know more ???
just curious...

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
cilakak
i was hoping to find history of TWIN TURBO
swt

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
For this you need to ask the legend...

the king of MCSB.....

Miton!

Hehehe.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
drMpower said:
TT very synonim with TEH TARIK and TT session means one place - mamak stall or any mamak restaurant. why it is always mamak stall? because there is no other proper teh tarik. but strongly recommended that TT session is once is a week, or else you'd be having kencing manis..hhaahhaahahah

but to some other guys (rich ones) a TT may present another meaning - Audi TT. hot and sleek ride. but I am sorry guys, a TT will never be about audi or any vehicle. its about getting along with friends at night, at a very comfortable place, and of course, TEH TARIKing.

Mamak, teh tarik gelas besar satu!
Bro, you will get kencing manis.............kekekekekekeke.............

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hmmm...... let me think back, if i'm not mistaken the term TT is 1st used by Miton during the ZTH early years back then. I still remember that whenever there's a TT being organized & held, sure it'll be packed at the mamak venue.

Members like MK84, BabyGodzillaGTi-R, Dr.Evil (Joeker), me & the rest still recalled another term used then, MCSB --> My Car Slow Bai! Muahahaahahaha.........

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:wavey: Once upon a Saturday, I was kinda bored and was playing with my dog while also stared at my car. Got licked by my dog and then ideas pop in my mind...and my DIY mode is switched on. I was thinking of adding some red strips to my car, since its kinda dull originally. Not only that, I saw something special and would like to give it a try...

My DIY kungfu isnt that great, so please dont bomb me for hurting my car with such a bad workmanship :rolleyes:

So one day ~ its always one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience