The saddest story in Super GT history !!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
it not like honda quits Super GT (like in they dish F1); they retired NSX, new regulation said so (for yr2010, GT500 are required it to be front engine (why? i dont know).

maybe new acura is thrown in??

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
it not like honda quits Super GT (like in they dish F1); they retired NSX, new regulation said so (for yr2010, GT500 are required it to be front engine (why? i dont know).

maybe new acura is thrown in??
I still prefer NSX... this year also was the year honda launch NSXRR..

i wonder what happen?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
GT500 front engined? Means all the Lambos cannot go la?
all these while the ferraris & lambos were generally in GT300, GT500 were more 'works' manufacturers. in theory, privateers can still run NSXs in GT300.

retiring NSX & replace with a better machine should be the way but imagine APR MR-S was replaced by 'corrolla' current year.

quite likely the nissan will dominate again. unless the toyota/lexus can do something about it.
(nada likely)

Last edited:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
all these while the ferraris & lambos were generally in GT300, GT500 were more 'works' manufacturers. in theory, privateers can still run NSXs in GT300.

retiring NSX & replace with a better machine should be the way but imagine APR MR-S was replaced by 'corrolla' current year.

quite likely the nissan will dominate again. unless the toyota/lexus can do something about it.
(nada likely)
Well Toyota i hope that 2010, they will use Lexus LFA as the Le-Mans version is out!!

it is a sad story for the king of racing cars, Honda NSX !

we really doing to miss that awesome machine !!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
As mentioned by Honda's CEO, it won't make such sports cars anymore;

[/quote]TOKYO -- Honda Motor Co. would consider launching an environmentally friendly sports car when it has enough cash available, CEOTakanobu Ito said.

"I would like to make a sports car," Ito said today on the sidelines of the Tokyo Motor Show. "Once we have that technology and once we have cash on hand, I would like to see Honda have a sports car that symbolizes our technology."

Ito said Honda's sports car would not be like the Lexus LFA supercar unveiled by Toyota Motor Corp. at the show. "It would be environmentally friendly and have great performance," he said.

Honda had been preparing a successor model for its legendary NSX sports car, also with a V-10 engine, but ditched those plans last year citing an urgent need to save money amid the economic downturn and the growing consumer shift toward greener cars.

Ito believes the future is about clean, sustainable cars, and sports cars are no exception.

"Sure, there are folks who like that 'vroom' of the engine out of nostalgia," Ito told Reuters this month. "But those people are stuck in the past. The era of V-10 engines is gone."

Before becoming Honda CEO in late June, Ito was best known for designing the ground-breaking all-aluminum chassis for the NSX sports car in 1990.[/quote]

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20091021/ANA02/910219995/1171

so its no brainer why NSX has pulled the plug on itself from honda. future sports cars from honda are likely hybrids or electric. (maybe with speakers for vrroooom engine sound)

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

As mentioned by Honda's CEO, it won't make such sports cars anymore;

[/quote]TOKYO -- Honda Motor Co. would consider launching an environmentally friendly sports car when it has enough cash available, CEOTakanobu Ito said.

"I would like to make a sports car," Ito said today on the sidelines of the Tokyo Motor Show. "Once we have that technology and once we have cash on hand, I would like to see Honda have a sports car that symbolizes our technology."

Ito said Honda's sports car would not be like the Lexus LFA supercar unveiled by Toyota Motor Corp. at the show. "It would be environmentally friendly and have great performance," he said.

Honda had been preparing a successor model for its legendary NSX sports car, also with a V-10 engine, but ditched those plans last year citing an urgent need to save money amid the economic downturn and the growing consumer shift toward greener cars.

Ito believes the future is about clean, sustainable cars, and sports cars are no exception.

"Sure, there are folks who like that 'vroom' of the engine out of nostalgia," Ito told Reuters this month. "But those people are stuck in the past. The era of V-10 engines is gone."

Before becoming Honda CEO in late June, Ito was best known for designing the ground-breaking all-aluminum chassis for the NSX sports car in 1990.[/quote]

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20091021/ANA02/910219995/1171

so its no brainer why NSX has pulled the plug on itself from honda. future sports cars from honda are likely hybrids or electric. (maybe with speakers for vrroooom engine sound)

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
Honda new GT500 changllenge is ONZ

go to temple of vtec to check out the sound and footage.

zoakies

Mar 31, 2005
i think the SADDEST things will be this is the LAST YEAR Japan SUPER-GT will be held in Malaysia lor....

No more kawai-ii girl to see liow....*sob*sob* :(

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
i think the SADDEST things will be this is the LAST YEAR Japan SUPER-GT will be held in Malaysia lor....

No more kawai-ii girl to see liow....*sob*sob* :(
hey dont say that k !!

i read Sepang's facebook.. i see many unhappy comments.. we are quite worried you know

chinweipin

Jun 21, 2006
wp01.spaces.msn.com
dear sifu(s):adore:

SIC says it wouldn't be the last year helding SuperGT. i don't understand why Sepang still don't want to clearify the situation...BUT... sepang don't update for us... will made us BLUR BLUR:bawling:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
sorry to say this..

here is an article..

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/MotorRacing_SICwillingtoforgoSuperGT/Article/

sorry to say this but

when i read this.. i felt the CEO is ... like cant manage SIC.. if he is taking about promoting local events.. why i dont see one in Japan GT or Formula 1 ??

Look at US.. During F1, they still show NASCAR support race to promote their locals !!

in Germany they show DTM support race also to promote their locals..

Malaysia?? we got MSS, Satria Cup, Neo Cup, Saga Cup, Spirnta Cup (yes i know it is a bike race but come on at least it is promoting)... n many more !!

chinweipin

Jun 21, 2006
wp01.spaces.msn.com
DKII...
sorry about the article i forgot where i'd read about the Sepang CEO...(either SIC CEO Razlan Razali....or the son of Tun Mahathir... mokhzani mahathir) said in the E-News before... they will continue organizing GT and other international race....(the tag i remembered...It is what it is ... just rumours.)

quote from
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/25/sports/6329837&sec=sports

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previously, we had taken a glance into the ultra-rare and uber-cool automotive engineering that had together made TIMETOATTACK livelier. And now, it is time to shift our attention to the ones that originates from the Land of the Rising Sun, where some of them might look like a simple sedan or hatchback, but could also double up as a dangerous track weapon; the JDM machines...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience