High Fuel Consumption - Need Help

vroommm

May 18, 2004
Hi,
I'm driving a 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer MX with its original DOHC engine. The
car used to clock good mileage but over the past few months the fuel
consumption is just too much. Previously it was doing approx 380-400 km on
a full tank but now I barely notch 250km when its fuelled up.

My local mechanic told me to go to Mitsubishi Service Centre at Jln Ipoh to get the
car "tuned up", clean some parts such as the fuel injector etc but the thing is I couldn't even find the website/address from the net.

Not really interested to turn the car into a high performance vehicle; just wished
that I could rectify the fuel consumption problem by doing some servicing/cleaning up relevant parts. Maybe some of you could help me out, in case that you know any reliable workshop that does this at a reasonable price. I guess the workshop need to at least have an MUT etc for tuning up the car's ECU. Or maybe someone could suggest what possible steps should I do to cure this problem??

If anybody knows the relevant workshop that could do this for me near PJ area, that will be xcellent. Do appreciate if anyone could give me some hints on this. Thanks anyways .Drive safely.

sciopanth

May 13, 2004
Find a good mechanic and have your air sensor cleaned. Sometimes milage drops when it gets dirty..usually from air filter oils.

Hmark

Mar 27, 2004
Thats true,

selection of engine oil, dirty air filter, and way of driving is keys to the fuel comsumption efficiency.

If your driving way remain the same, then its really a good time to get your car have a total checkup, service and overhaul should be consider if your car is hitting over 80'000 km .

Remember, bad belting, spark plugs, ignition wire and such will cost the fuel comsumption efficiency dramatically. Dont forget to check the transmission too !

calkuan

Jun 11, 2004
My car used to consume high volume of petrol until I found an oil additives called TUFOIL and it is well certified by the Guiness Book of World Record.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, just want to know. Where can we source Injen Cold Air Intake System here in Malaysia?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience