HID Switch on problem!!

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
ACBC 's reply sounds logical to me, as old car with some extensive electrical gadget, could be quite some load, hence lead to unstable power supply. Esp when starting car where initially elect load will be heavier.

Hence change to bigger capacity batt eg from NS60 to NS70 (+changing of alternator, if necessary) could help.

Also, adding VS+GK helps alot to stabilize the power supply.

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
My HID also problem like that... cheebet... must off on only both side got... sometimes after awhile driving 1 side off itself.. and I have to off - on again... malu only ppl see.. light so expensive but cacat... I claim warranty a change set like 4 times!

I don't think its battery... my friend Kelisa also no problem....
Who's got the answer? Appreciate it...

tulan......... :emoticon_U:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
jaydee, maybe you can publish the name of HID at here, so that other consumer will be aware and not repeating your foot step?

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
Brand BJUNION are prone to have this problem. I been using it for the past 3 years and it still giving me the same old problem which you can't by any mean rectify it. My advise it change it to other chow kia brand.

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
try getting a voltage stabiliser and grounding cables... at least that works for me. Now no more such problem.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
does the hid sytem get it supply from stock lamp harness or it has its own cable direct to battery for its supply?

if its got supply from stock harness maybe the voltage drop when reaching ballast unit.
try using headlamp harness that comes with relay. this harness got direct supply from battery so voltage drop will be low. can be bought from acc or car shop.

if u know how car/electronic wiring can diy own direct supply for the ballast. but this one is for experiance and know what to do.

malice

Known Member
Dec 6, 2003
www.keiconcept.net
It just work like normal headlight, why bother to reroute another wiring for HID itself? Especially direct tap from battery, makes ur battery flat even faster.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
coz the voltage across stock wiring drop too low for the ballast to ignite the hid bulbs.
iirc, the ballast will provide high voltage during startup for the bulb to create the "arc" b4 stable at low voltage.
tapping from battery will provide more stable and constant voltage supply.
it wont drains battery, unless u on the light for long time without running ur engine.

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
try to disconet n reconnet the wiring...
last time also happend to my car...

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
For my case, the needed power to light up the HID is not enough. That's why sometimes i get this HID lighting up at one side and not the other. My batt is located at the left side... and perhaps it's just coincidence that only my right side fail to light up. What i was told is that you need a voltage stabilizer to kill this problem and I listen to them... and it works.

rinagi

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
K.L
antaras, my batt located at right side and the right side bulb prone to this prob. i also hav a voltage stabliser and ground cables. any explaination??

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmmm... seems like you've already done what I'd mentioned... opppsss... guess this doesn't work on every car then. rinagi, did you check with them regarding this issue? Perhaps there's really something wrong with the ballast?

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
since this thread been bought up, im not sure if my problem would be related to HID o not...but i guess the last mod i done so far is upgrade HID....and recently found my car when HID on, air-con on during night, the car when idling, suddenly like when aircon kick in o wat, it would switch off all the electronic stuff and restart again....is it not enuff battery capacity or alternator ar?...so malu when shut off, my HID become strobe light, off and on... -_-lll anyone can tell me whats the problem?

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
ya... it seems like it's related to the car batt or HID that is but isn't HID supposed to consume less energy than normal halogen bulbs? Yet there's all these problems regarding HID lighting up. Any pro out there care to explain?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, yesterday one of our member lost his Satria GTI park nearby upper penang road car park.

Hope you guys can help to look around, some criteria that can see from exterior as per below:

1, Mat Black color Rim 15" (with AD07 neova)
2, DIY tint (no whole window type)
3, Titatium Muffler

Other than that color and outlook is standard SGTI.

Any news can call direct to owner at 0124624009(simon) or can call Ray at 012-4940382.

Thank you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience