HID Fog Lamp (JPJ)

Hadi17

Known Member

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hello Guys ! have a question for u all :)

i want to know if I mod my fog lamp with 8000k HID will JPJ tangkap me ? :bawling:

nyne

Known Member

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
most probably the level of the light beam must not reach at the certain level, that should be fine. if not you'll disturb other driver's vision during at night. However, once you put it, and you accidentally meet with JPJ road block(anywhere in Malaysia). the chances of you getting through the road block safely is 40% and 60%(Berhenti tepi jalan, bang).

-lanz-

Known Member

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Yeah,i second that
I got saw one fella get stopped by JPJ for the HID Foglamp.
I think need adhere to the HID rules for foglamps also.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

i want to know if I mod my fog lamp with 8000k HID will JPJ tangkap me ? :bawling:
Why you want to put 8000K HID in the fog light?? do you know it's very blinding one and you should know 8000K lumens is lower...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I'll be the first to hate you and your car if you install HID in fog lamps. Not only that it is stupid and does not serve its purpose, it also endanger other road users.

Ohya, good luck with JPJ. Get ready more duit kopi.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I got fog light with HID...however its only 3000k...yellowish..very good for 'FOG'..

it still blinds others...beams very high very wide...although H11 are quite low lumens..

owh, the question..its illegal...but you can turn it off...

only use if during rain, fog only...surely no JPJ at that time...whats the purpose of fog light anyway..

there nothing cool about using fog light in normal condition...
like a girl with nail polish..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why you want to put 8000K HID in the fog light?? do you know it's very blinding one and you should know 8000K lumens is lower...
Yeah.. visibility is poor with 8000k HID

and people who retrofit HIDs in their reflectors are assholes.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I got fog light with HID...however its only 3000k...yellowish..very good for 'FOG'..

it still blinds others...beams very high very wide...although H11 are quite low lumens..

owh, the question..its illegal...but you can turn it off...

only use if during rain, fog only...surely no JPJ at that time...whats the purpose of fog light anyway..

there nothing cool about using fog light in normal condition...
like a girl with nail polish..
Talking about fog lights...
Nobody seems to understand fog lights need to be yellowish.
Anything white will be bad. Looks cool only.
Those who change to white on their fog lights...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yeah.. visibility is poor with 8000k HID

and people who retrofit HIDs in their reflectors are assholes.
not assholes....just some dumbfuck....

Talking about fog lights A lot of Malaysian drivers also don't know what's the purpose of rear fog light also....keep them on even on normal night drive....Neh....thanks to the stupido Toyota that put rear fog light on local spec Vios.....now you see a lot of dumbfuck keeping their rear fog on day in, day out...like my neighbour daughter....until 1 day I saw her outside at night I told her, "girl you not living in Genting or foggy places please don't keep your rear fog light on every night can ah?"

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i'm not a fancy of HID for anything above 3100k

now i'm using halogen 300k bulb on my headlamp....hahaha.....drove through dense fog like a bawse... (my housing area now have quite thick fog during current wet season)

and maybe later will add projector foglight with 3000k HID system....

and another story...encountered a traffic roadblock near cheras selatan...my car using 3100k halogen...at first i tot the pulis stopped my car...but actually he wants to stop the car behind me and use my car as blocking assist (in case the drive accelerate to run).....guess what...bcoz HID 4300k :biggrin:

nyne

Known Member

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor

Talking about fog lights A lot of Malaysian drivers also don't know what's the purpose of rear fog light also....keep them on even on normal night drive....Neh....thanks to the stupido Toyota that put rear fog light on local spec Vios.....now you see a lot of dumbfuck keeping their rear fog on day in, day out...like my neighbour daughter....until 1 day I saw her outside at night I told her, "girl you not living in Genting or foggy places please don't keep your rear fog light on every night can ah?"
i agree with you. my dad hate it so badly that he just stay behind tht car and give high beam until tht guy off. -Let Him Be Blind-

mADmAN

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
where to find them yellow (about as yellow as non-HID) HIDs?

most are at 4300k....not yellow enough

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
usually the K stands for Kelvin, a measure use to tell the colour of 1 lights, in this case the lower the K the yellowish it gets. for our normal house fluorescent the white ones is 6500K & the yellowish ones is 3000K, 2700K is more to orange. to those who install them HID's, please look @ the lumens (lm) value too. if it's the same as the normal halogen it should be ok if not mistaken

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
4300-5000K have the best lumens (brightness) anything about 5K the lumens start to drop...infact 5000K lumens is already lower than 4300K.
Lumen is more important than Kelvin because lumens is what makes you see further and clearly....

twistedichc

2,000 RPM

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
4300-5000K have the best lumens (brightness) anything about 5K the lumens start to drop...infact 5000K lumens is already lower than 4300K.
Lumen is more important than Kelvin because lumens is what makes you see further and clearly....
agreed but need to think bout the spreadness of the beam oso, spot @ flood, that is the issue wit HID i think. Is it agreeable:confused:

Maxx

2,000 RPM

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
HID bulb tend to get whiter over its lifespan. so 4300k will slowly getting whiter overtime.
the beam spread/spot depends on the projector. proper HID projector will get sharp cutoff (usually DOT spec projector).

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
HID bulb tend to get whiter over its lifespan. so 4300k will slowly getting whiter overtime.
the beam spread/spot depends on the projector. proper HID projector will get sharp cutoff (usually DOT spec projector).
Completely agree. HID will need a good projector to focus the light otherwise it's just a very bright useless piece of equipment that annoys the hell out of oncoming traffic.

Maxx

2,000 RPM

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
speaking of fog light, anybody know any good aftermarket foglamp.?
round type, dia. around 2.5-3 inch.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
agreed but need to think bout the spreadness of the beam oso, spot @ flood, that is the issue wit HID i think. Is it agreeable:confused:
Actually, is the lens and projectors that controls the spread. That's why those OEM HID equip clear lens have Auto leveling function so that it don't glare opposite cars. For projector also need to have auto leveling.

The much annoy is those people who put HID into their clear reflector lens that don't have a front end cap to shield the light and the glare shield of most cheap HID are poorly made. Also need to take into consideration is that halogen bulb length and HID bulb length is different. What causes HID to glare so damn much is because the focus point and reflection point is all out when you just replace a halogen with a HID without tuning and adjustment.

speaking of fog light, anybody know any good aftermarket foglamp.?
round type, dia. around 2.5-3 inch.
I would look for Raybrig or those from Stanley..

Maxx

2,000 RPM

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Actually, is the lens and projectors that controls the spread. That's why those OEM HID equip clear lens have Auto leveling function so that it don't glare opposite cars. For projector also need to have auto leveling.

The much annoy is those people who put HID into their clear reflector lens that don't have a front end cap to shield the light and the glare shield of most cheap HID are poorly made. Also need to take into consideration is that halogen bulb length and HID bulb length is different. What causes HID to glare so damn much is because the focus point and reflection point is all out when you just replace a halogen with a HID without tuning and adjustment.

I would look for Raybrig or those from Stanley..
HID have different light 'source' or arc compare to halogen. thats y its blinding when fitted into open reflector headlamp. especially H4 type, some i saw doesn't have any shield.. its like HI-beam with brighter output.. :banghead:

for H7 type still acceptable coz the reflector design.. but more preferably if can get H7R type HID bulb. got some shield 'painted' into the bulb capsule to reduce glare/blinding light.

thanx for the recommendation. :wavey:

Attachments

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think 4000 lumens and below should be safe to meet JPJ requirement.
Don't mix up Lumen with Kelvin...K is the temp of the light..Lumen is the brightness....

4300K also depends on luck...JPJ officer not some standard 3 students or noob....mood good let you pass, mood not good or got quota to fill up even 4300K you also not safe....they know how to tell OEM fitted HIDs from retrofitted ones.....what's more is they themselves also car kaki.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but 4000k below doesnt have.. only 3000K (or 3100K ?) in the market. this 1 sure yellow mellow one.. :rolleyes:
You want fog lights then the yellow ones are better to penetrate rain that is why called fog lights. If you want white lights those are spot lights...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Don't mix up Lumen with Kelvin...K is the temp of the light..Lumen is the brightness....

4300K also depends on luck...JPJ officer not some standard 3 students or noob....mood good let you pass, mood not good or got quota to fill up even 4300K you also not safe....they know how to tell OEM fitted HIDs from retrofitted ones.....what's more is they themselves also car kaki.....
Bro. TR, but my friend got stopped by JPJ using the H4 crystal vision which is whitish blue. He argue ask officer to check that it is a bulb but officer insist is HID....:banghead::banghead:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
vr2, that why I said depends their mood.....mood no good or got quota....even bulb they also can putar until become HID....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

This is my own LED light. Not foglight gua.
Okay mou? :(

Maxx

2,000 RPM

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
those LED are too bright.. sometimes blinded rear car driver..
our eyes pupils will get smaller to 'adapt' the bright light, consequence, when front car (with the blinding rear LED/foglight) brakes, rear driver reaction will be slow to notice the real brake light.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
our eyes pupils will get smaller to 'adapt' the bright light, consequence, when front car (with the blinding rear LED/foglight) brakes, rear driver reaction will be slow to notice the real brake light.
Brake lights are supposed to be bright but not the night lights, especially those jokers running around with their fog lights on at night.....:banghead:

Maxx

2,000 RPM

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Brake lights are supposed to be bright but not the night lights, especially those jokers running around with their fog lights on at night.....:banghead:
yes.. im referring to the rear foglight or additional night rear lamp thats too bright..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Modified dy??

Nope. But gonna build one soon.

New and improved version haha

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Yes, it was bright because I over-volt them. Haha

And no worries, i installed it facing slightly down to the road. So it isn't shone directly to drivers.

Besides, normal cars stop behind me cant see it. Unless driving some low sports car haha.

Nonetheless, it will be built better next time.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

hex999

Known Member

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for going offtopic, just wanted to share my personal experience on my previous car regarding
taiwan headlights, it can never be properly aligned, so it would always shoot above the road. My mechanic would say "mau tengok burung" and because I could not see properly with the normal halogen bulb, I install HID, and since it would shoot up, it would blind other drivers even harder. , however i use a switch, roadblock= change to halogen light. I just want to apologize for being an asshole :(.. the reason why i was using taiwan headlights in the first place, close friend of mine who borrowed my car met with an accident and cracked my original headlights, and he replaced them with taiwan headlights, did not know about this problem, so the moral of the story, never use taiwan headlights paired with HID bulbs, if possible, tune the beam lower to the ground so it wont blind drivers, after a few weeks, changed to aftermarket headlights and never had a problem.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope. But gonna build one soon.

New and improved version haha
Means old picture? The first one burnt, right?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Sorry for going offtopic, just wanted to share my personal experience on my previous car regarding
taiwan headlights, it can never be properly aligned, so it would always shoot above the road. My mechanic would say "mau tengok burung" and because I could not see properly with the normal halogen bulb, I install HID, and since it would shoot up, it would blind other drivers even harder. , however i use a switch, roadblock= change to halogen light. I just want to apologize for being an asshole :(.. the reason why i was using taiwan headlights in the first place, close friend of mine who borrowed my car met with an accident and cracked my original headlights, and he replaced them with taiwan headlights, did not know about this problem, so the moral of the story, never use taiwan headlights paired with HID bulbs, if possible, tune the beam lower to the ground so it wont blind drivers, after a few weeks, changed to aftermarket headlights and never had a problem.
You can fit two bulbs inside? HID and halogen??

hex999

Known Member

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Its a halogen+hid in one set. So yea there are 2 bulbs. Not for all cars.. my current car cant use this cause the hole to fit in the bulb is ngam2.

If you on your high beam it would switch to the normal halogen bulb. If you flash.. both bulbs would work simultaneously. So normally when road block. Would on the high beam to use the halogen bulb only.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Its a halogen+hid in one set. So yea there are 2 bulbs. Not for all cars.. my current car cant use this cause the hole to fit in the bulb is ngam2.

If you on your high beam it would switch to the normal halogen bulb. If you flash.. both bulbs would work simultaneously. So normally when road block. Would on the high beam to use the halogen bulb only.
Oh! more like one bulb design but have both HID and halogen on it.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Yeah hahahahaha
New LED headlamp got mini fan and heat sink for cooling woh!.....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
new LED buld is expensive...but i would say should works better and more reliable :driver:

Hadi17

Known Member

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
thanks guys .. actually this was just a question to see your opinions .. i know its blinding to have 8000k HID . but not sure whether they really blind them or something .. worst case is when they use this type of bulb to a non-projector lamp on their headlights which makes me feel like wanna :mad: .. my fren does this with his iswara . he claims that he loves blinding others :stupid:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thanks guys .. actually this was just a question to see your opinions .. i know its blinding to have 8000k HID . but not sure whether they really blind them or something .. worst case is when they use this type of bulb to a non-projector lamp on their headlights which makes me feel like wanna :mad: .. my fren does this with his iswara . he claims that he loves blinding others :stupid:
tell him i would love to have head-on collision with him due to his blinding headlight..