HID Fog Lamp (JPJ)

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hello Guys ! have a question for u all :)

i want to know if I mod my fog lamp with 8000k HID will JPJ tangkap me ? :bawling:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
most probably the level of the light beam must not reach at the certain level, that should be fine. if not you'll disturb other driver's vision during at night. However, once you put it, and you accidentally meet with JPJ road block(anywhere in Malaysia). the chances of you getting through the road block safely is 40% and 60%(Berhenti tepi jalan, bang).

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Yeah,i second that
I got saw one fella get stopped by JPJ for the HID Foglamp.
I think need adhere to the HID rules for foglamps also.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

i want to know if I mod my fog lamp with 8000k HID will JPJ tangkap me ? :bawling:
Why you want to put 8000K HID in the fog light?? do you know it's very blinding one and you should know 8000K lumens is lower...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I'll be the first to hate you and your car if you install HID in fog lamps. Not only that it is stupid and does not serve its purpose, it also endanger other road users.

Ohya, good luck with JPJ. Get ready more duit kopi.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I got fog light with HID...however its only 3000k...yellowish..very good for 'FOG'..

it still blinds others...beams very high very wide...although H11 are quite low lumens..

owh, the question..its illegal...but you can turn it off...

only use if during rain, fog only...surely no JPJ at that time...whats the purpose of fog light anyway..

there nothing cool about using fog light in normal condition...
like a girl with nail polish..

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why you want to put 8000K HID in the fog light?? do you know it's very blinding one and you should know 8000K lumens is lower...
Yeah.. visibility is poor with 8000k HID

and people who retrofit HIDs in their reflectors are assholes.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I got fog light with HID...however its only 3000k...yellowish..very good for 'FOG'..

it still blinds others...beams very high very wide...although H11 are quite low lumens..

owh, the question..its illegal...but you can turn it off...

only use if during rain, fog only...surely no JPJ at that time...whats the purpose of fog light anyway..

there nothing cool about using fog light in normal condition...
like a girl with nail polish..
Talking about fog lights...
Nobody seems to understand fog lights need to be yellowish.
Anything white will be bad. Looks cool only.
Those who change to white on their fog lights...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yeah.. visibility is poor with 8000k HID

and people who retrofit HIDs in their reflectors are assholes.
not assholes....just some dumbfuck....

Talking about fog lights A lot of Malaysian drivers also don't know what's the purpose of rear fog light also....keep them on even on normal night drive....Neh....thanks to the stupido Toyota that put rear fog light on local spec Vios.....now you see a lot of dumbfuck keeping their rear fog on day in, day out...like my neighbour daughter....until 1 day I saw her outside at night I told her, "girl you not living in Genting or foggy places please don't keep your rear fog light on every night can ah?"

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i'm not a fancy of HID for anything above 3100k

now i'm using halogen 300k bulb on my headlamp....hahaha.....drove through dense fog like a bawse... (my housing area now have quite thick fog during current wet season)

and maybe later will add projector foglight with 3000k HID system....

and another story...encountered a traffic roadblock near cheras selatan...my car using 3100k halogen...at first i tot the pulis stopped my car...but actually he wants to stop the car behind me and use my car as blocking assist (in case the drive accelerate to run).....guess what...bcoz HID 4300k :biggrin:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
not assholes....just some dumbfuck....

Talking about fog lights A lot of Malaysian drivers also don't know what's the purpose of rear fog light also....keep them on even on normal night drive....Neh....thanks to the stupido Toyota that put rear fog light on local spec Vios.....now you see a lot of dumbfuck keeping their rear fog on day in, day out...like my neighbour daughter....until 1 day I saw her outside at night I told her, "girl you not living in Genting or foggy places please don't keep your rear fog light on every night can ah?"
i agree with you. my dad hate it so badly that he just stay behind tht car and give high beam until tht guy off. -Let Him Be Blind-

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
where to find them yellow (about as yellow as non-HID) HIDs?

most are at 4300k....not yellow enough

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I succesfully installed a new headunit . However now the central locking and alarm aint working. Ive checked all the fuse and all in working condition. Anyone can shed some lights into this ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience