HID Brightness Measure In Lumens

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Ballast have lifespan as well, it is electronic equipments. Mostly the ballast will giv up 1st due to water damage. The Capacitor inside will leak when the time come.
The function of the ballast is boost up the 12V to 1200V and convert the 12V to 85V AC.

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
speaking of ballast, mine water when in twice, 1st time i tot its dead, put it back in after few days and it works!! wohoo :) and i even on it when there is water inside, and i on and off it few times...hahahaha, 2nd time same thing happens, on off it few times again then i open it up, the water is every where, dry it up with a hair dryer and walla, it works. nice!

mine was 1 of the earliest batch OEM recond HID, at that time this HID is everywhere with a cheap price tag, 2 years back i think. philips bulb with germany ballast. nvr regret i bought it!

ochuisang

Known Member
Mar 15, 2005
i like know dat i got 8000k of hid n i like 2 upgrade only change the bulb to 10000k o downgrade to 4350k n using same ballast?
if dat possible?

Last edited:

Jack_Hon

Known Member
Jun 24, 2007
i like know dat i got 8000k of hid n i like 2 upgrade only change the bulb to 10000k o downgrade to 4350k n using same ballast?
if dat possible?

May i ask a noob question here, ........4350 consider is yellow colour rite....it's will batter then normal halogen bulb ? i meas when drive on night, wil more clear ?......how about heavy raining will clear on it ?

ochuisang

Known Member
Mar 15, 2005
actually it more bright than normal bulb... 4350k = yellow + white n it can be trust when heavy rain o vapor too... u can't drive by using over 6000k at dat situation... HID over 6000k having good result when the situation totally dark... but over 8000k also not bright dat u though..

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Intensive research has been done and it is proven timelessly that 4100K Xenons are the best in terms of light output (approx 3200 lumens). 6000K is aesthetic to look at but produces less output (approx 2800 lumens) but still pretty good. The answer to Jack_Hon is, yes, the 4100K is good for night driving. Installed properly, not only is it not glaring, it is 3 time brighter than halogens and shines further and wider, therefore, giving more illumination. Daylight colour of the Xenons are also proven to give drivers a better attention span. 4350K is generally daylight white. OEM 4100K Xenons also give superb illumination during rainy times. I have tried 6000K and I could see clearer than I do on halogens. 4100K is even better at the job. Anything above 6000K is strongly discouraged as it fatigues the eye of the user after prolonged usage and is not that bright. Nice to look at and that is about it.

Now my question, anyone knows of any good workshop around PJ or KL that does Bi-Xenon projector retrofit to an existing reflector based headlamp? I need someone who can take good care and does a good job on the headlamps. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
:)

truestar59

Known Member
Nov 12, 2007
really had a bad day, i just the 1 samon from fu*king poli**, said my car headlamp colour was "PUTIH". (see the pic "PUTIH" or not) damn than i said im not using "PUTIH" im using normal only (PIAA 4500K from 1U), than the Fu*ker poli** ask me to check his fu*kin poli** car(WN*7065), he asked same or not wif my car i said same. than he said yr "PUTIH", "PUTIH" my ass that Fu*ker colour blind or what???? than he say yr car light colour can be normal if u have RM100. wtf!!!! RM100??? than ok i said give me samon he really look unhappy (hi FU*ker u think born to make u happy??) i ask him how u know the is "PUTIH" he said go ask the mahkamah!!, than i show him had 1 car using HID blue, why u not stoping that car??? he said i had stop u cant stop that car, i ask him again what rules that i had break??? he ask me what rules i know??? u think just can change the car Bumper??? (my is promote 2) must be all "ASAL". than i tell him i can change bumper without JPJ approval im not breakin the rules, than he said that is JPJ rules, now my(FU*ker POLi**) rules all mod are not allow. :mad:

so which rules we need to follow JPJ??/ FU*KER POLI** ?????

Attachments

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Thank for the info guys. Now i know why my left light is always higher then the right as mine auto adjust. I had always though that there are something wrong with mechanism.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
met a gen2 with angle eye and hid kit before. Blinded for few minute (not seconds). Those who use after market hid, hope you on your light and then sit on another car and see yourselves 1st (facing your own car). Need to care for other road users when you mod your car. But I doubt I can find a lot on the road, or in this forum too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ive searched for 2 months withno avail guys.....so can anyone help me in suggesting custom bodykit shops.....thanks
Ive notices some astina have straight lowered bumpers likemthe fc3s....do they fit???:stupid:

Sorry moderators if I posted this in the wrong spot....new here :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience