hi guys need your help!

WaRHeAD

Oct 31, 2007
hi guys! ive been searching the web for forums like these that might help me with my questions about upgrading my proton wira engine.

I've been researching alot and here in the philippines we have several wira's but most of the cars here are mitsu lancer. some of lancers here that are the same with wira can change engine easily. will i be able to change my engine to 4g92 or 4g63 easily? will it be a bolt on upgrade? i noticed other wira's in malaysia can upgrade their engine the only difference of the wira here is it left hand drive.. would it be possible?

I really need your input on this.. my wira is using the stock engine 4g13. Also, what specific kind of 4g92 or 4g63 will best suit my wira?

Thanks alot and more power to ZTH!! :adore:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap u can do it... jz change the engine... wiring all have to redo properly lah...

if road transport department ministry is not confining u from transplant any engines, best go for 4g63 evo engine... remember to upgrade ur chassis, suspension and brakes as well....

WaRHeAD

Oct 31, 2007
tnx for your reply skywalker.. is it best to use 4g63 evo or rvr? road transport dept here is not that strict when it comes to changing engine..

when you mentioned to upgrade chassis, does that mean i need to modify the engine bay of my wira? i got confused also about what you said about suspension..

thanks!

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
yeap u can do it... jz change the engine... wiring all have to redo properly lah...

if road transport department ministry is not confining u from transplant any engines, best go for 4g63 evo engine... remember to upgrade ur chassis, suspension and brakes as well....
4g63 is my dreams. The sounds goes with its power. But, I only can keep it in my dream.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i'm not sure which produce more power, evo or rvr...

as for chassis, its good to add some strengthening to ur chassis such as spotwelding weak points... using evo engines, chassis might tend to tear under constant heavy acceleration...

as for suspension... since now ur car using only 4g13, changing to a much heavier evo engine will certainly sag ur front end down... u need to upgrade to stiffer springs or absorbers to compensate with the extra weight...

WaRHeAD

Oct 31, 2007
thanks sky! im really interested in changing my engine but i need more information if it will really fit on my wira easily.. other lancers here can insert 4g63 with no hassle, do you happen to know if the engine bay of lancer is really identical or the same with wira?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My wira converted to 4g93 with 4g94 crankshaft.open mod.
The engine still berpantang.usually drove under 3.5k rpm.when i try pedal to the metal (under 4k rpm) it will jerk.when i drove it normal till 4k rpm, no jerk.
I still havent install management yet.wait till habis pantang.
Anyone can explain to me.is it coz of needed management or sumtin else?
Thanks guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience