Help! Svt to Blk top conversion..

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Hi All,

Recently did the svt to blk top conversion at a shop.

Now my rpm is at 1.3-5k rpm..any idea why? Below is what I can see the mech did..

a) The Map sensor and Air temp sensor is connected to the AFM connector

b) Added one wire from compressor to the a/c valve controller removing the old one..

Still using svt wiring but changed to blk ECU, MAP n air temp sensor..

Thanks in advance..:itsme:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi All,

Recently did the svt to blk top conversion at a shop.

Now my rpm is at 1.3-5k rpm..any idea why? Below is what I can see the mech did..

a) The Map sensor and Air temp sensor is connected to the AFM connector

b) Added one wire from compressor to the a/c valve controller removing the old one..

Still using svt wiring but changed to blk ECU, MAP n air temp sensor..

Thanks in advance..:itsme:
a. because you kacut the wiring and ecu, so hard to identify too!
b. because you kacut the wiring and ecu, so hard to identify too!

So for easy up the task, why don't you just brought a BT wiring loom?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
I noticed that on the brake booster side there's a black socket that blk top wiring doesn't have...what do you do with that?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Update:

a) a/c off, start car and let it run idle at 1.5k rpm, water temp MUST reach 82C an then it'll drop to 900-1k rpm.

b) start car, a/c on, temp can't reach 82C so idle always at 1.3-1.5k rpm

c) start car, a/c off, idle at 1.5k till 82C and above then it'll drop to 900-1.5k. On a/c (both fans on) temp will drop to 80 and idle will kick up to 1.5k rpm again..

I'm certain that it has something to do with the auto choke. Will check and update later...

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Wiring is just wiring,it is a medium to conduct electricity,AFM to MAP can idle properly if done correctly,even with SVT wiring...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Wiring is just wiring,it is a medium to conduct electricity,AFM to MAP can idle properly if done correctly,even with SVT wiring...
Yes.. you are right too... But why heck up the time, brain and money?
If done properly sure can go without problem, but another problem is wiring man itself not wiring... Because not many people know how to convert too.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
The main problem when converting SVT to BT is the A/C control,even if you buy BT wiring+ECU (so called plug and play),the A/C issue is not resolved,the compressor will not engage properly..some wireman does not know this,hence they pull one new wire to run the A/C compressor.Also idling control when A/C on or off is different between SVT and BT.

Nowadays car A/C compressor clucth is controlled by the engine ecu,engine ecu will receive signal from another A/C ecu.For SVT and BT,the signal coming from the A/C ecu is different,i have a way around that,its called cheating..but i'm planning to make so converter circuit for this,not yet done,not enough time to develop...maybe Sifu Wong can help me,hehe.

Also O2 sensor SVT and BT is different,i have a way round that too however in theory it wont work unless change to BT O2 sensor,but so far no complaints and no check light come out.Discuss with Sifu Wong bout this and he has clarify things up,and come into conclusion the SVT O2 sensor can be used,but it is better to change to BT O2 sensor..

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Well said ..
How come you 300hp+nitrous member,i dont have nitrous,no wonder la hard to catch in SIC ...:biggrin:

Hows your tuning?

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
The main problem when converting SVT to BT is the A/C control,even if you buy BT wiring+ECU (so called plug and play),the A/C issue is not resolved,the compressor will not engage properly..some wireman does not know this,hence they pull one new wire to run the A/C compressor.Also idling control when A/C on or off is different between SVT and BT.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

How come you 300hp+nitrous member,i dont have nitrous,no wonder la hard to catch in SIC ...:biggrin:

Hows your tuning?
Yea, i'm running a separate aircond switch too .. your car won't drop a sweat if you are chasing me .. lolx ..

Haven't start, promise to send you a picture of the wiring 1st . Before April, would want it to settle by then.

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Yea, i'm running a separate aircond switch too .. your car won't drop a sweat if you are chasing me .. lolx ..

Haven't start, promise to send you a picture of the wiring 1st . Before April, would want it to settle by then.

Dont need to run separate a/c switch la,hehe..

OK no prob,want to know the result too..i love R&D..

Now i'm doing R&D to use Coil On Plug on our 20v with stock ECU,recent test with Waste spark was success,but have some issue with ignition timing,need to research more :biggrin:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Can we replace SVT's aircon control box with BT's to resolve the issue?
Maybe can if it has the same connector and pin arrangement.Speaking of which,i would like to request you to take some voltage readings of your AE101 A/C control box (A/C amplifier) pin output,especially the one going to the ecu.(AC1,AC2,ACT),in various conditions like A/C on/off,blower on/off etc...i'll take some readings from a BT A/C amplifier and maybe we can work out to solve this issue.

I have one thing in mind now about the circuit to convert the signals but not yet to try..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Scuderias are fiery,
But no sir, not you.

Rosso is the standard colour for Ferraris, so it is ultimately refreshing to see a Fezza going against that norm. While silver would look almost boring on any other car, silver looks uber cool on this F430; especially with those Challenge rims. Now, if only it had Italian stripes running down the middle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience