Help! Sound Proofing/Water Problem

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
So here's the story,

On last Saturday I went to a carwash and didnt shut the door properly and i found out that my carpet is all wet, and worst the carpet padding(sound proofing) is all wet!:rolleyes:

so currently i am using my fan to dry the padding(sound insulator) as below

iam sorry if the picture is too big.

my questions are:

1) what is the name of the padding so i can get it new at somewhere.

2) is there a place selling the item?and usually how much is it?

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, my opinion is remove the pads, clean the car floor and the pad as well. If u wana replace the pads, u can opt for materials like insulflex/superlon type of material, or to be exact, P.E foam. They are denser and would improve ur car sound insulation as well. Having wet carpets or wet fabric in car could leads to bad things like bacteria and other microorganism. They can sneak into ur AC filter, ur seats, basically everywhere thus ur health is in danger inhaling them.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Do a thorough cleaning and drying to the affected area, if you don't want to have bad damp smell later. You carpet has to be dried as well as the floor.

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Last time happened to me too. Drop a liter of mineral water. I open up the carpet and went to another car wash which has a powerful vacuum. They managed to vacuum the excessive water from the floor and carpet.
Go home, spray the surface with Dettol anti bacteria. Park the car in the porch, open up the affected area and it took 3 days of hot sun to
fully dry.
When I drive the car at night, I put a thick towel between the floor and the carpet so that it will absorb whatever moist / water. The towel does get wet during the 1st time.

Insulflex is okay as it does not trap water. Accessories shop should sell them. Aplenty in Mudah site.
Btw, nice wheels offset there!

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
thank you very much for your kind answer.

now i have few things clear, first i need to find some anti bacteria agent such febreezzzz or dettol.

but for the insuflex its ok, what i need is the same exactly as thick as the recycle cotton.since its very thick and comfy.hehehe. do you guys know where i can find em, iam guessing accesories shop selling those insuflex but not the recycle cotton.

but for soundproofing system, is it insuflex is the best one for the floor of the car?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
I know your pain.....but mine a little bit worse.....not long ago... some flooding caused water to seep inside the flooring....
Best thing to do is take out seats and remove the base carpet....
For the insulation, i used a vacuum (use the blower side, usually bigger vacuums have this function), the air flow is stronger and hotter than normal fan.....if you have a leaf blower even better....
You will still need to dry the car in the sun & spray some febreeze to avoid smells later...(rain water not be as stinky as floodwater)....washing the the carpet with detergent even better...

It took me 2 days to do everything...luckily it was during the holidays....but a waste to my holiday...:bawling:

Last edited:

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
yess.the pain too see that the insulator is all wet and sticking onto the floor(it should be sticking on the big carpet.
i was like.haishhhh... and the insulator is like thinner by 50%.owh my lovely baby.hahahaha

yupe tonight after work iam going to remove the passenger side seat for easier access and drying the carpet.
i like your idea of using hot exhaust fume from the vacuum, yesterday tried using wet/dry vaccum and suck all the water.it was loud as hell and i have to do it at night.since working in the morning.
going to align the vaccum properly and shut the door close. kuikuikui.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
haih...mine just kena same thing this morning. rained so heavily that water overflowed the front gutter and flowed into the aircon intake duct. front gutter also kinda filled up with leaves n whatnot...had about an inch of water on the floor when i woke up for work this morning. still havent been able to get all the water out.

good news is this isnt the 1st time its happening to me...wat i need to do is remove the big carpet and seats, remove my insuflex for drying and get my wet/dry vacuum n reverse from suck to blow n cellotape a hairdryer to the tip of the blower....blow blow blow till dry. bad news is i can only do this when i balik kampung tomorrow nite...DAMN its gonna stink like 10 wet dogs today after work today...i think the stink will increase to 10 wet elephants level during my drive back kampung tomorrow nite. haih....

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
try and look at shops that makes and repair car cushion/seat/carpet..if im not mistaken ive saw something like the recycle cotton at those shops... x pon tanye apis sbab keta die penah tenggelam time banjir kt parking putrajaya haha

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
hah....now i know what everybody recommends, the heat from the vacuum.going to try it tonight.i hope i can do it in 3 hours every night before saturday.have to drive back home and need to install every back.

which hafiz? apis starlet?apis b8?apis alza?apis awan nano?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
bro...u need to make sure no water left...then only blow dry. the part where u drain all the water out is damn dirty, messy and a lot of work esp trying to get the big carpet out cos the bottom of the carpet will be dirty n wet....n damn smelly.

after the case...go n buy some of those dessicants from supermarket n leave it in the car to suck out the moisture left behind in the cushions n ducting or there will be mould.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
bro...u need to make sure no water left...then only blow dry. the part where u drain all the water out is damn dirty, messy and a lot of work esp trying to get the big carpet out cos the bottom of the carpet will be dirty n wet....n damn smelly.

after the case...go n buy some of those dessicants from supermarket n leave it in the car to suck out the moisture left behind in the cushions n ducting or there will be mould.
dessicants very very good idea, dont' forget those charcoal odour remover too

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
drove back from work today....smelled like 10 whole football team after full 90 game b4 bath...stuffed some super absorbent cloth down the floor pan n hopes i dont pass out from tomorrow's long drive...

trust me....its no fun.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan

this is what it looks like in my car.poor bebeh...
btw whats the best dessicants?
silica gel is the best i guess,but really hard to find em, do you have like a commercial brand that is good.
btw,broke my vaccum,now iam vacuumless.hahahah

thank god my car doesnt smells like elephant yet.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Was just wondering if the APM Performax gives a lowered look like the Kayaba Rs absorbers even coupled with stock springs?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience